What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile General Discussion

What do you think is the best variation to use?

• Total voters

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Right?! So stoked. I guess the insta-jump "nerf" hits us, but otherwise untouched. No character-specific buffs. Bit disappointing, but at least they're toning down Raiden, KJ, and some others. No more 5 frame spin for Lao! EDIT: ... not that anyone is using that variation.

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
Right?! So stoked. I guess the insta-jump "nerf" hits us, but otherwise untouched. No character-specific buffs. Bit disappointing, but at least they're toning down Raiden, KJ, and some others. No more 5 frame spin for Lao! EDIT: ... not that anyone is using that variation.
Insta Jump nerf? I guess that's good that Sub's clone got touched a little bit. Imo Reptile vs Sub is a hard 5-5

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
Pretty sure Reptile was one of those who could JiP off the first frame. I could be wrong, however. It seemed really fast.
Yeah he was. Can't do 2124 njp1 jip1 in the corner anymore. Jip1 now whiffs.

EDIT: You have to wait a second before you can follow up a JIP or it will whiff now.

Last edited:

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Classic skin is NOT the "human version". Latex! Second player color scheme looks like a full body condom. :)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yeah he was. Can't do 2124 njp1 jip1 in the corner anymore. Jip1 now whiffs.

EDIT: You have to wait a second before you can follow up a JIP or it will whiff now.
Can you confirm if F412 xx Slowball , Jump Back 1 , 21, F412 xx Slide still hits in corner? X1 still didn't get the patch yet so I can't test. Also tell the damage to see if it's been nerfed/buffed. Currently it does 33%

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Can you confirm if F412 xx Slowball , Jump Back 1 , 21, F412 xx Slide still hits in corner? X1 still didn't get the patch yet so I can't test. Also tell the damage to see if it's been nerfed/buffed. Currently it does 33%
It does. I quickly tested it on PS4 before I left for work. 33%.

I had a shit time connecting with F21+block after the 21 trying to extend, however. I seem to recall it being easier ...

Last edited:

Method

Full Combo Punishable
It does. I quickly tested it on PS4 before I left for work. 33%.

I had a shit time connecting with F21+block after the 21 trying to extend, however. I seem to recall it being easier ...
Actually, need to correct myself. Jump back 1 only nets 32%, unless you also NJP. Jump back 3 finishes with 33% however. @Fraud Blank

Just saw a match with an amazing conclusion. Both Scorpion and Reptile were low on health. Scorpion successfully performed his low demon move and was about to start a combo when he suddenly lost because his health was continually decreasing due to Reptile's enhanced poisonous fumes.

Noxious is OP.

Just saw a match with an amazing conclusion. Both Scorpion and Reptile were low on health. Scorpion successfully performed his low demon move and was about to start a combo when he suddenly lost because his health was continually decreasing due to Reptile's enhanced poisonous fumes.

Noxious is OP.
Reptile's stink has saved my ass at least three times! Nothing like the opponent moving in to finish the round and just dropping from the smell. I wish they'd add a brutality for noxious gas somehow to make it even dirtier

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Say what.. I didn't see any Reptile changes in the logs.. sure that just isn't updated frame data instead of a change?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Say what.. I didn't see any Reptile changes in the logs.. sure that just isn't updated frame data instead of a change?
Yea it wasn't in the logs but definitely used to be zero .I've never trusted NRS frame data so I always do the jump test (set character to always block and jump, after the normal or string jump after it, if you both jump at the same time the move is 0) to see what is +/-.

He has a lot of stuff that is +1 or +2 but they are infact still 0. The only real change is the -4 on b3..

It really is a shame, this character is reaching hilarious levels of bad.

mamasau

Noob
before this patch, it was definitively +1/2 on block, just tested out now, but from my records, taken some patches before, I wrote it was unsafe on block.
Without the patch I can't test anything :(

Method

Full Combo Punishable
I can't believe that Reptile got nerfed..... b3 now being -4 instead of 0 is pretty ridiculous, especially with a character thats fastest poke/normal is 9 frames.
Riddle me this: How do you guys deal with pressure and how are we expected to punish? This is NOT a rant, I'm genuinely curious as to what you guys are doing--maybe I'm overlooking something. I feel like I can't poke my way out of pressure, no one respects Reptile's ability to retaliate against block strings. The latest patch made KJ and Cassie less safe on certain starters, but what can we do to punish beyond burning precious meter for a 6 frame slide that leads to nothing?

We block, they build mad meter, we eventually armor out with a db2 or whatever, they break. What am I not seeing? How am I *supposed* to play Reptile with regard to escaping pressure and punishing? Pray for whiffs?

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
We block, they build mad meter, we eventually armor out with a db2 or whatever, they break. What am I not seeing? How am I *supposed* to play Reptile with regard to escaping pressure and punishing? Pray for whiffs?
im having the same problems. characters like jax eat reptile alive in terms of pressure. i really dont think theres a good answer to this, reptile is having real problems with characters that have fast jabs and 0 on block strings :(

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Riddle me this: How do you guys deal with pressure and how are we expected to punish? This is NOT a rant, I'm genuinely curious as to what you guys are doing--maybe I'm overlooking something. I feel like I can't poke my way out of pressure, no one respects Reptile's ability to retaliate against block strings. The latest patch made KJ and Cassie less safe on certain starters, but what can we do to punish beyond burning precious meter for a 6 frame slide that leads to nothing?

If people have really good strings and pressure we're kind of fucked tbh. In Mk9 we had a 6 frame dash, in MKX its 8 frames which is a tremendous nerf.

In MKX if any character has 0 on block strings or normals with either a 6 frame poke or normal or an 8 frame mid we're practically screwed. What you have to do is start teaching yourself to counter poke (anticipate the opponents d1 or d3 and then counter it with your own d1 or d3). Let me give you an example with say Ermac. He has a 3 hit string that is zero on block and a 6 frame d1. This is a frame trap, if you try to poke or move after his 3 hit string you will be hit and now he is at advantage again. If you know the trap and block his d1 you are now free to do what you want. Why this is scary is because when your opponent knows you only have 1 option which is to block (you could backdash as well), they can now start going for their overhead or low starters. Anything -8 in this game you can punish with Reptiles Dash on reversal.

@colt please help lol

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
so i play on xbone and we still havent gotten the patch yet are there any noticeable changes to reptile that i would want to know about? he is my main after all

Hello :)

I just tried out Reptile for the first time and he seems like alot of fun!
Im playing on the PC version so the patch hasn't hit yet and im not up to date about all the frames etc.

Anywho i wanted to share something that i hope can be of some use for everybody :)
I found this within my first 10-20 minutes or so i haven't really explored him that much.

Oh and i have to say, im sorry about the poor quality but this is the best i can do atm.

Gonna read up a bit about Reptile and im looking forward to learn from you guys :)

Tips and pointers are welcomed!

Sorry for my bad english.