What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile General Discussion

What do you think is the best variation to use?

• Total voters

Lanqu

Noob
Reposting here 49% wall nimble combo:
F412, ex nimble, d3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, F41, ffb, d2, F412, slide = 49% a bit easier than the other bnb 49% wall combo because of d3
Mid screen nimble carry combo:
nimble, F412, small step, F41 (4 hits head and 1 misses completely ), F41, F41, F412, slide = 35%

Also would like to see some other nimble mid screen combos posted here.

Lanqu

Noob
Btw, 1 bar corner all variations combo i found:
f412, elbow dash, f41, f412, ex claw, f412, slide = 40%
Very easy to use and starts of the fastest string and carry a bit to the wall.
Good to use to close the game, but middle game I recommend doing 30-32% corner no meter combo into setup

Czarface

#GiveBarakaAChance
Btw, 1 bar corner all variations combo i found:
f412, elbow dash, f41, f412, ex claw, f412, slide = 40%
Very easy to use and starts of the fastest string and carry a bit to the wall.
Good to use to close the game, but middle game I recommend doing 30-32% corner no meter combo into setup
Ah, nice combo! I just went to training mode to get the damage values for Poison Gas and Toxic Fumes.
So it does 39% in Nimble and Deceptive, 40% in default Noxious, 42% with Poison Gas, and 45% with Toxic Fumes active.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
MB Acid Spit nerfed?

Edit: Actually, nope, false alarm.

Turns out I was doing it on Noxious reptile, and when I took the chip damage, it stopped.

lol

Last edited:
hey guys do you have any advice for 2,1,2,4 combos ? i don't know why but i have problems to connect 4,1 into 4,1,2 - ender
after the 2124.. when i connect the 4,1 it is always too late to connect the 412.. oh and his 2,1,2,4, run, 2,1 4,1,2 xx ender.. how ?

Last edited:

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
hey guys do you have any advice for 2,1,2,4 combos ? i don't know why but i have problems to connect 4,1 into 4,1,2 - ender
after the 2124.. when i connect the 4,1 it is always too late to connect the 412.. oh and his 2,1,2,4, run, 2,1 4,1,2 xx ender.. how ?
Do you have Release Check off? It's in the Controller Preset selection in the Options menu. What are you trying to do exactly? 4,1,2 is actually F412, so make sure you are inputing Forward with 4. After you see Reptile's knee connect, do 1, and then 2. To do the cancel after F4,1,2 you need to do input the special move on/or before the 2 connects.

oh sorry i forgot the F.. hm i saw some combo videos ( which i can't find anymore) and there were some combos that ended with f4,1 into f4,1,2 xx ender
i don't exactly know which combo ends this way so i wanted to ask you

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
oh sorry i forgot the F.. hm i saw some combo videos ( which i can't find anymore) and there were some combos that ended with f4,1 into f4,1,2 xx ender
i don't exactly know which combo ends this way so i wanted to ask you
No problem, just wasn't sure if that might be the reason it's not coming out. I've had that happen for a bit when I was starting to learn a few combos. Do you remember if that was being done in the corner, or that was with the nimble variation?

Edit: Just tried NJP,f4,1,F412xx FFB. I was able to do it a couple times in the corner without the use of nimble. The timing is tricky.

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
Not much, just some Nimble combos starting center midscreen and moving closer to the corner based on the corner combo. Inputs in the description.

Good shit! The more videos of Nimble like this, the more it makes me want to drop Noxious for it. Added to front page.

@MK_GDROM
I think that was the only midscreen combo where this is/was possible.. in the corner it is no problem to connect f4,1 into f4,1,2
sorry again for bothering you

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
@MK_GDROM
I think that was the only midscreen combo where this is/was possible.. in the corner it is no problem to connect f4,1 into f4,1,2
sorry again for bothering you
Oh ok. You aren't bothering me, it's no problem really. I'm trying to learn the character as well, so if I might be able to help another player understand something, I will try.

Good shit! The more videos of Nimble like this, the more it makes me want to drop Noxious for it. Added to front page.
Lol I've been meaning to try the other variations but I 'haven't got around to it because I've been having to much fun with nimble. Don't worry about adding these to the OP either, I'm still playing around with these combos. I just posted these to see if anyone else had any better ideas.

So after ex nimble slide, do you walk forward for the 3? I never get 3 to connect
You mean the f4 after the EX Nimble, Slide? You have to run, so you want to input the f4 right after you input the run. And if you hold the forward from the run all you have to do is input run 4.

qspec

Noob
Started fucking around with Reptile, and noticed that his B3 is phenomenal and safe. The frame data said that B34 (the one where he finishes with a backflip kick) is -7 on block... which in theory should be punishable, yes?

I didn't get to fully test it (finals week), but I wasn't able to punish it at all. Is it safe?