• Yes

Votes: 135 39.0%
  • NO

Votes: 211 61.0%

• Total voters

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
better than kitana goro liu kang shinnok kotal kahn mileena ferra/torr kano imo
i'd also say he's most likely better than takeda jason and just as good as jacqui ermac and lao
idk about tanya yet

truth was being sarcastic
Lui Kang is one of his worst matchups.... I don't get it...why do people feel the need to voice their opinion when they don't know the characters flaws or MUs?

I've never been one to complain about nerfs or demand buffs but this character is not even close to viable in this game.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i'd also say he's most likely better than takeda jason and just as good as jacqui ermac and lao
idk about tanya yet

I mean we all just have different opinions. I'd say kano, liu kang , shin ok ferra, and kotal all have a variation that Beats reptile or is just better overall against the cast. Idk about mileena and Kitana thiugh

When I read this thread, I was beginning to think it was a joke thread due to how ludicrous some of the buffs were. Still not sure if this is a joke or is serious but I think Reptile is pretty good still. His zoning is far from being the worst in the game but it does have a bit of a learning curve to utilize correctly...I'm a Reptile main and he is pretty much the only character I've put time into so far.

Just because other characters have gotten buffs doesn't mean us Reptile players need to hop on the bandwagon too...

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
When I read this thread, I was beginning to think it was a joke thread due to how ludicrous some of the buffs were. Still not sure if this is a joke or is serious but I think Reptile is pretty good still. His zoning is far from being the worst in the game but it does have a bit of a learning curve to utilize correctly...I'm a Reptile main and he is pretty much the only character I've put time into so far.

Just because other characters have gotten buffs doesn't mean us Reptile players need to hop on the bandwagon too...
Your logic doesn't belong here.
Away with you.

Reptile is shit. Bottom 5. Needs buffs. Need to be omega kenshi level.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
idk about tanya yet

Do you think Kang is bad? If so why?

RapZiLLa54

This thread really has opened up my eyes to just how horribly misinformed and how bad peoples labbing of characters are.... What a shame.

The only buff that I think would be alittle "OP" would be EX spit causing a re-stand. How you are all looking at the "needed buffs" and thinking they are above and beyond insane to be a joke is almost a joke in itself.

RapZiLLa54

Right no I get it. Everyone just needs to learn how to understand fighting games better except you and anyone who agrees with you.
Almost all the info in this thread as rebuttals have been completely false lol. Also there hasn't been ONE PERSON in here to yet explain WHY they think hes Top 10 (LOL) or accurately point out 5 characters worse than he currently is.

Reptiles flaws are hes been re-designed as a rushdown character without the frame data to back it up and also gets outzoned by everyone in the game in a game where zoning sucks.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Almost all the info in this thread as rebuttals have been completely false lol. Also there hasn't been ONE PERSON in here to yet explain WHY they think hes Top 10 (LOL) or accurately point out 5 characters worse than he currently is.
Only ones I can think of are Kitana and Jason.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.

Reptiles flaws are hes been re-designed as a rushdown character without the frame data to back it up and also gets outzoned by everyone in the game in a game where zoning sucks.
Accurately point out the characters that are bad less than 2 months in to the game. GGS.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
It seems to me that a lot of you want MK9 Reptile and anything less won't suffice.

Which is hilarious, since all the Reptile community of MK9 did was downplay and talk about how bad their potential top 10 character was.

RapZiLLa54

Accurately point out the characters that are bad less than 2 months in to the game. GGS.
oh here we go, my favorite comeback to any nerf/buff thread. Yes....it should take me months to figure out why a character is good or bad.... You do realize that Mk9, Injustice and now this game all share very similar movesets/designs. Its not hard to figure out what is GOOD and what is NOT in this game. Its the reason why you haven't seen very diverse Top8s in this game currently, all the top players know what to look for and have found them.

Reptile in Mk9 struggled with the top of the cast because he didn't have a normal faster than 9 frames. He had to rely on Dash 6 frames to keep people in check and put his whole life bar on the line to escape pressure. But he had adequate zoning in Mk9 and high damage so it worked, he was never top 5 by any means but he was a solid character who can give anyone but Sonya a solid run for their money.

Here his zoning is bad and he solely revolves around his knockdown 50/50 game. He has no ways to escape pressure aside from backdash but this game has a ton of advancing normals so that isn't always an option. Ironically he did have a lot of the needed buffs I'm asking for in testing, unfortunately that version of Reptile never got to see the light of day.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
"this character is imo the worst in the game"
"I wish people wouldn't talk about characters they don't understand or MU they don't play"

the logical conclusion is either you don't know what you're talking about or you play the other characters at a high level since you understand them or their match ups. So you should pick one of those characters and win. You'd make a lot of money and prove you're a strong player that understands the meta.

RapZiLLa54

It seems to me that a lot of you want MK9 Reptile and anything less won't suffice.

Which is hilarious, since all the Reptile community of MK9 did was downplay and talk about how bad their potential top 10 character was.
I can't think of one Top Mk9 Reptile player who ever said their character was bad? He went 5-5 with pretty much every character but Sonya and Cyrax.