Bottom 5 Yeees?

• Yes

Votes: 135 39.0%
  • NO

Votes: 211 61.0%

• Total voters

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I gotta admit... I don't use any of those other than b2 lol. Probably why he feels so negative eh?
Well he's very deadly in the corner but he needs all parts of F412 to a viable midscreen option to at least get the opponent cornered. He's pretty much MK9 Sub Zero at this point and there are still better corner games than him.

If Reptile were to get the buffs I mentioned, he'd still be mid to high-mid at best but I'd be fine by that.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
You guys realize "Luxury Buffs" meant just that? They aren't necessary and not things I think the character NEEDS.

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
Name someone with worse zoning in this game than Reptile. PLEEEEEASE.
Stunt Double Johnny Cage, slow start up/recover, goes in a straight line and is High AKA very duckable on reaction if you don't want to use the block button. Also when trying to Ex the forceballs during strings to get a frame trap going, you can duck and poke out of the second one ON REACTION.

ManBatHorse

Syzoth of the Devil Reef
The OP is asking if he is in the bottom 5, not if he's the worst. I can't honestly think of 5 characters that are in a worse situation than Reptile. Maybe Liu Kang, Kano and Takeda? And yes, bottom 5 for sure.

RapZiLLa54

Seriously what the hell does EX OH Claw actually do for Reptile? That is the most pointless repeatedly asked for buff.
OH Klaw gives him solid mixup potential in block strings. Now b3 KLaw is a low/OH which you can mixup with b3slide Low/Low. B1 Klaw is now a Mixup with B1D4(low). 34 KLAW is now a Mixup with 34d4 (low). F412 Klaw /Slide is now a mixup.

Klaw being a safe OH is huge. EX OH Klaw should still be full combo punishable though.

RapZiLLa54

Stunt Double Johnny Cage, slow start up/recover, goes in a straight line and is High AKA very duckable on reaction if you don't want to use the block button. Also when trying to Ex the forceballs during strings to get a frame trap going, you can duck and poke out of the second one ON REACTION.
Stunt Double Johnny Cage DESTROYS Reptile in the zoning game, have you ever even played this MU? I can't even comprehend this lol

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
Stunt Double Johnny Cage DESTROYS Reptile in the zoning game, have you ever even played this MU? I can't even comprehend this lol
His shadow kicks are needed for ANY damaging combos with him, take DAYS to recover from activating and WEEKS to get back once you have used them, and don't even go full screen, and yet again...are High.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
OH Klaw gives him solid mixup potential in block strings. Now b3 KLaw is a low/OH which you can mixup with b3slide Low/Low. B1 Klaw is now a Mixup with B1D4(low). 34 KLAW is now a Mixup with 34d4 (low). F412 Klaw /Slide is now a mixup.

Klaw being a safe OH is huge. EX OH Klaw should still be full combo punishable though.
No. I disagree with this 50/50 bs. His corner 50/50s are already very good and it's enough. He just needs a viable way to get the opponent there.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
STOP!! he's fine... he needs ZERO buffs.

Dude wants an OVERHEAD claw.. "Hey.. plz buff so I can have a 50/50 as a wake up attack option. I dont want to be pressured so give me an option that makes players want to back off or be mixed up as I get off the ground".

GET OUT OF HERE
So I play reptile and reading this thread and seeing Tom brady comment and rereading the buffs people want I can say reptile is not really the worst to me but you do have to grind some MU's out but I think he does not really need huge buffs he is pretty good now just not played much to me but I can see where Reptile has a great chance to be seen as a top character but he does have great 50/50's and like brady said he needs no buffs.