What's new

Replacing the "Stance Button" for a "Taunt Button"

Add a taunt button?

• Yes

Votes: 97 85.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 14.9%

• Total voters
Why not just make the stance button the run button? I'm sure I'll get used to using block for run, but I think I'd rather have a separate button.

Or just give us the options of taunt and run under controller customisation.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
3D MK games had taunts. Those were usually like special moves, button-wise, and healed you. Havik's "asuratei !!!" neck-breaking move, for example.

gdf

Noob
3D MK games had taunts. Those were usually like special moves, button-wise, and healed you. Havik's "asuratei !!!" neck-breaking move, for example.
I'd love to see this come back. As long as the special isn't tied to an input that could cost the match of course.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Stance switch has always been pointless as far as I know. The only actual effect I've ever seen it have is making some combos drop if you're not facing the right direction.

Taunts would make more sense.

Taunts are ok, but its VERY important to make it so you can't cancel out of them too soon. It removes the whole point of taunt.

In KI, you can get out of your taunt pretty quick, and it generally just becomes a spaz-out button for trolls.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Remember JC saying "Cmon don't hate" as you switch from xray to babality. I want taunts like that.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hmm, MK DA again huh? I remember taunts for some characters granting slight energy boost and damage boosts. I don't know, if it meant ditching the switch stance button I'd be fine with it sure I guess.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I wouldn't get too excited. The devs play in debug mode so they can replenish their meter whenever they need to. Was probably just a coincidence.
It's one hell of a coincidence though.

Although debug mode on the E3 build that's like asking for problems no?

d3v

SRK
They should just take out stances altogether, especially since they can't get their shit together and hitsphere still resolve along the Z-axis (in 3D), resulting in stance specific shit.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Stance switch is already a taunt.
I see a lot of people online that use it as a troll tool.

I'm more into a friendly state when I go to play some match online so, I prefer a better use of the stance switch button.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
YEEEEEESSSS!!!!

I seriously hate the fact that INJ doesn't have a taunt button. There's so many online ragequitters I get paired up with multiple times that I would love to taunt the crap out of.
It's hard to taunt rage quitters when they've already disconnected on you. =/