What's new

Rank the top 10 zoning variations in order

Probably an un-popular opinion because his up-close is so good, but I fully agree with you.
Im being a dick about it but TG can hold the projectile and stop his EX one which leads to full combo, displacer can use the teleports to stay at mid range, and MOS has the traps, whenever the situations suits it I do it

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Torn between HQT and Summoner for the number 1 spot. I'd say Summoner right now but only because I've seen top Quan players lock opponents down in tournament. I'll probably change my mind if/when I see HQT players zone in tournament. It's a tough one though, because when Quan has that bat out and meter for EX rune shenanigans he's a zoning monster. I've seen entire rounds where an opponent has been locked down at full screen and forced to eat massive unbreakable damage (that's impressive by MKX's standards).

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This thread reminds me of that one promo where Chris Jericho used Cookie Monster to demand a title match.

Zoning does not exist in this game the same as it does in other fighters. It is a different world that the MKX roster lives in.

(I miss Cyrax. He was broken as fuck, but at least he was exciting.)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Torn between HQT and Summoner for the number 1 spot. I'd say Summoner right now but only because I've seen top Quan players lock opponents down in tournament. I'll probably change my mind if/when I see HQT players zone in tournament. It's a tough one though, because when Quan has that bat out and meter for EX rune shenanigans he's a zoning monster. I've seen entire rounds where an opponent has been locked down at full screen and forced to eat massive unbreakable damage (that's impressive by MKX's standards).
Predator has that "I'm new" hype, but I still think Summoner is #1. Once that bat is out, those zoning tools are godlike. I don't see anything in the game that matches Summoner's screen presence with a bat out.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Yes cause Kenshi is so good!!! The only time I ever win against a player that knows to deal with Kenshi zoning which is to basically duck low and react to the slow as fuck overhead and then sprint in and own Kenshi- is to use Kenshi like most of the cast RUSHDOWN! Other characters are better at rushdown because of stupid ass 50/50s which gives me almost zero reason to play Kenshi. Sure Possessed (cause pressure not zoning) isn't too bad and Kenjutsu (cause hard to react to mixups not zoning) can sometimes shine but other characters are just better and Kenshi's own trait (zoning) sucks in this game.

I don't want him buffed though because he would need insane buffs to be viable because he just doesn't work in this game, should have gave his spot on the roster to someone else.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Also something inside of me dies every time someone runs right through Kenshi's bf3 in possessed and sometimes even balanced and starts up a combo or my db1ex tracking fucks up in the corner.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Shaolin kung jins got pretty solid far out game.. Would struggle to call it zoning but he does throw the odd projectile every now and then, at least worth a mention here.

Possessed and Kenjutsu sc is way better than balance but still are not zoning variations. There's not a real full screen game here

Possessed bf3 way better than balance and Kenjutsu in terms of safety where as balanced is -55 and Kenjutsu -51 on whiff neutral crouch

Here's the deal: balanced full screen against top players gets wrecked. React to overhead and neutral crouch the rest and 3/4 screen every characters gets a punish.

Sc is -15 in balanced and Cassie w b1 can punish as well as others

Also when u see the OH slash as shinnok it's Ex SCOOP "welcome Kenshi this is your home now"
I still think kenshi is really weak if u compare the cast to him. I'm just glad people don't think I'm crazy anymore when I said he still isn't all that good after over 10 buffs, that really says something about how bad the character is

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Kenshi would need insane buffs to be viable because he just doesn't work in this game, should have gave his spot on the roster to someone else.
I'm pretty convinced at this point that Kenshi players will not stop crying for buffs until they have as a big a lead on the rest of the cast as they did in MK9. Only then will Kenshi be "viable"