What's new

Match-up Discussion Raiden vs. Ermac - what are your thoughts?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Hey simple question.
When, you guys (Ermac players) land a JIP that's blocked what do you do? I always do IAFB right after ,but at the same time when I jump in I like to use kicks. I use his D4 a lot in this match up.
31 all the way. It jails after a blocked JIP which allows Ermac to continue safely his pressure. I usually use JIK~IAB after a cross-up to bait any attempted AA d1's.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
In this MU isn't Ermacs hover useless?
Yeah, like almost every other MU. It can easily be punished with Superman on reaction if Ermac decides not to cancel it and even on hit Ermac is minus. It is his most gimmicky move imo. Totally worthless, except after a TKP on hit just to confuse your opponent a bit. If he tries to jump forward, you have another free TKP.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Like with Quan or Sheeva, when they teleport, by pressing left or right can determine where they will land. I'd like the same for Raiden. When you teleport you teleport to about jump distance, by pressing left or right perhaps could make you teleport close or far. Just an idea.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Like with Quan or Sheeva, when they teleport, by pressing left or right can determine where they will land. I'd like the same for Raiden. When you teleport you teleport to about jump distance, by pressing left or right perhaps could make you teleport close or far. Just an idea.
That would be so broken. It already has a 1 frame startup.

Even though Raiden's tele can be used offensively, it's a defensive tool. A good player will blow up offensive teleporting.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
That would be so broken. It already has a 1 frame startup.

Even though Raiden's tele can be used offensively, it's a defensive tool. A good player will blow up offensive teleporting.
I was thinking in terms of using teleport mind games. Near or far.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I was thinking in terms of using teleport mind games. Near or far.
He already has ridiculous teleport mind games though. Adding the ability to teleport far would entirely remove the opponents ability to punish it and we'd get free combos with b3. Not to mention his ex-teleport.

Sorry. That would just be way too broken.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
He already has ridiculous teleport mind games though. Adding the ability to teleport far would entirely remove the opponents ability to punish it and we'd get free combos with b3. Not to mention his ex-teleport.

Sorry. That would just be way too broken.
Far being the other side of the screen so b+3 wouldn't hit. A good opponent knows where you will land after teleport

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Far being the other side of the screen so b+3 wouldn't hit. A good opponent knows where you will land after teleport
It would be broken against characters Raiden can zone. He would be able to run away too easily. he already has decent run away options considering Raiden's backdash is one of the best backdashes if not THE best backdash in the game.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
It would be broken against characters Raiden can zone. He would be able to run away too easily. he already has decent run away options considering Raiden's backdash is one of the best backdashes if not THE best backdash in the game.
What if quan chi trance was full screen. Then it's balanced as ppl take 50/50 chance teleporting into danger

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
What if quan chi trance was full screen. Then it's balanced as ppl take 50/50 chance teleporting into danger
Raiden has enough time to teleport and block the trance so it wouldn't matter if it went full screen. I like where you're coming from, but I think Raiden is already balanced.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I need to watch more match footage before I can spew out match up numbers for characters I don't even play.

Who's the best Ermac player on PSN?

Haze

Noob
I always thought ermac was my best pick vs raiden reading this that was really stupid than again ive never fought a raiden that punish push with superman