What's new

Raiden General Discussion

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
Life went weird right as this kame out so I haven't truly gotten into it yet.

I'm looking at going with Stryker, partially cause the handcuff resets are so funny and the nades are good for spacing.

I'm fairly confident that Storm Cell will be nerfed and Jax or Cyrax as well, I am glad that Raiden kan pretty much work with any kameo though so its no big deal.

Last edited:

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Lightning orb brutality has to be the weakest brutality! Or am I missing something? Lol the rest are cool.. (funny my first time doin them)

I don't get the animation either like what is going on? The opp just falls

BORING UNINSPIRED. End rant lol

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
Lightning orb brutality has to be the weakest brutality! Or am I missing something? Lol the rest are cool.. (funny my first time doin them)

I don't get the animation either like what is going on? The opp just falls

BORING UNINSPIRED. End rant lol
its crap

easy fix

change it to doing a fully charged orb set and chipping them, Raiden will start shooting dozens of orbs at them

Any Raiden player can give me any ideas on how to counter what I am about to describe?

I just fought a (very toxic teabagging) Raiden who would just to 2124, cell storm (whatever the safe chip lightning move is) into jax ground pound. No matter WHAT I did, the ground pound would hit us both, but he would take minimum damage, while I took full damage, and he got fast enough to be able to poke me into another cell storm. Rinse and repeat.

For.
The.
Whole.
Game.

In neutral, he would throw out some f4, 3 into cell storm (on block) and repeat the above setup, or if it hit, of course I would be eating 50% damage. Mix that with the occasional throw, some zoning if full screen, and 212 stagger.

Even with Baraka Cyrax, there is just no counterplay I have found. My moves are unsafe or do less chip, I have worse zoning and no way to get in.
Was this on Xbox? I feel like I fought the same guy.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
anyone else feel like Razzle Dazzle was meant to help Raiden stagger people with longer ranged pokes

its pretty fast, and can indeed catch them, its just hard to konnect sometimes

cause its ass for anti-airing and everything else

anyone else feel like Razzle Dazzle was meant to help Raiden stagger people with longer ranged pokes

i think its meant as reversal. its for example raidens only move that can punish ashrahs f3 well (which is -12 and leaves her at sweep range). it probaly can punish some long-range pokes as well.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning

It’s so unsafe though? I honestly don’t understand what it’s here for tbh

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
Been playing a bit more

I 100% don't like Raiden's main gameplay revolving around Storm Cell, it most likely will and should be nerfed.

Mandolore1123

takes less chip

which I think should just be a command, like Quick Charge but now it does that

making it a passive is dumb
I think it’s ok but the fact that it’s sort of just there and doesn’t make Raiden do anything extra is a bit disappointing. Also the fact that the move list doesn’t contain any info on this at all is stupid. I hope they make it buff Razzle dazzle in some way so it can be like MK11 Discharge

Mandolore1123

[
Yeah I kinda figured it was quick charge related. Yeah it would be cool if we knew what activates it? It comes on randomly
It activates based on how much chip you take. I think it's a flat number, 55 or something

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
still working on that, but either way

Storm Cell will not stay that way
I don't disagree with that, something about it will change. I don't think anyone is really Flawless Blocking consistently either. I used to hate playing against Baraka/Cyrax because of all the chip I was taking. Now it's cut down so much.