What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden General Discussion

Hey guys am back again. Still new to Mos. Another thing I don't really see from Raiden players is Instant Air Superman(lets just say ias). Is it that bad? am aware that u cant jump forward or nj against raiden full screen, its a free "ias".

But I don't know if you guys realised but this "ias" punishes projectiles from full screen on reaction. Liu Kang cant throw a low fireball in all his vars, its an instant punish with "ias"(harder in df but still free). Cybernetic kano gets punished, full screen "ias" if he throws hes knive. Tanyas kobu projectile,( not ex) gets punished. Sub-zeros normal ice ball gets punished(don't try if you are not a god). Super free against reptiles forceball. Mileena cant throw her low and high sais, gets punished. Kinda easy against ermac. Those are the once i have checked. Is this already known?

Last edited:

Vaiist

Noob
Hey guys am back again. Still new to Mos. Another thing I don't really see from Raiden players is Instant Air Superman(lets just say ias). Is it that bad? am aware that u cant jump forward or nj against raiden full screen, its a free "ias".

But I don't know if you guys realised but this "ias" punishes projectiles from full screen on reaction. Liu Kang cant throw a low fireball in all his vars, its an instant punish with "ias"(harder in df but still free). Cybernetic kano gets punished, full screen "ias" if he throws hes knive. Tanyas kobu projectile,( not ex) gets punished. Sub-zeros normal ice ball gets punished(don't try if you are not a god). Super free against reptiles forceball. Mileena cant throw her low and high sais, gets punished. Kinda easy against ermac. Those are the once i have checked. Is this already known?
Are you talking about him flying over the projectile?

Vaiist

Noob
I can make a vid if its not already known
Well I know you can do it with Mileena's low sai or Liu Kang's low fireballs. I wouldn't have thought you could do it against things that are mid or high without really cutting it close and potentially flying over their heads and putting yourself in a vulnerable position. I wouldn't mind seeing some of those.

aight.. would see if i can make one. Its hard against some chars but, Its really useful against reptile(forcing a reptile player to never throw a forceball). Also good against kobu tanya and liu.

Chitter

Noob
I think the frame data for B1,1 on block is incorrect because I can't get the AI to punish it on reversal (I tried Reptile's EX Slide). Can somebody confirm and also find out the frame disadvantage?

I cannot for the life of me execute Raiden's run cancels. I just want to know straight out, do I have be able to execute these run cancels to be successful with this character?

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
I cannot for the life of me execute Raiden's run cancels. I just want to know straight out, do I have be able to execute these run cancels to be successful with this character?
To play him at his best, you have to. If not, you lose out on tons of potential damage. It isn't ultra vital like A-list of Dragon's Fire, but for him it's important.

What exactly is your issue with the run cancels? You may be struggling because of your controller presets, have a look at those. If it isn't that then my only advice is to practice.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Raiden's LBRC is the trickiest in the game because you actually have to execute it relatively slow. Unlike other FBRC that have to be done lightning fast (no bun intended)

Also yes, at Raiden's current state you need to unlock hes full potential. Without the LBRC you will never be able to compete with non casual players.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I find ex teleport to be very inconsistent and probably needs inputs to be adjusted or something. Thoughts?
@buyacushun @Nivek @Tokiwartoothxdk
@IMakeItL00kC00L
I find that anytime I want EX teleport I have to make sure I press block before I hit up. So my inputs look like "D,Blk~U". I only play online so Waking up is a toss up for me lol. It's even worse when I try to ex teleport to get out the corner. I'd consider it a buff it NRS changed the input to a simple 2 direction move not including up and including a button. Does anyone else have a problem going from crouch to jump? Like I was playing against an Erron that liked to slide. So if I went from crouch block to a NJP I get a teleport and fucked up. Worse when I play Goro and I go from crouching to his U1or2 anti air normal.

It's dumb hard for me to cancel b2 into teleport. Also is it known that B2 has a gap in itself? And if you cancel B2 that's a gap too. At least 6f though. Didn't test slower armor cause I had to leave. So I think B2 and B2 cancel shouldn't be a gap.

Last edited:

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I find ex teleport to be very inconsistent and probably needs inputs to be adjusted or something. Thoughts?
@buyacushun @Nivek @Tokiwartoothxdk
@IMakeItL00kC00L
I agree. This has been a problem since MK9.The timing on pressing Block when doing Ex-Teleport is different from any other EX I've attempted, not just for Raiden but other characters as well (I play Grandmaster Sub-Zero as my secondary and I also dabble a little with Johnny Cage and Sonya). And not just different but really weird, you have to almost press Block before Up, like buyacushun pointed out.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
it requires precision, ive been a displacer since day 1 and now that my inputs are on time, offline everything is consistent and online sometimes lag messes with it but hopefully new net will change that
I know it's very precise but it has to be inconsistent because i often get delay wakeup