What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden General Discussion

delbuster

hungry
thunder god is not worth using over other chars now finally. he's still okay, just outclassed.

displacer is probably the best raiden. i don't know what's up with the non ex teleports vs the ex teleports but it seems like a pretty decent tool. if he has meterless plus cancels then it is definitely the best raiden, but i doubt they did that. still, the teleports are a pretty unique tool in this game. so that's my opinion.

master of storms still sucks.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
idk man i think mos is at least on par with the other two

infamy23

FireBeard
I can't see much reason to continue playing him.

Raiden has done nothing in the tournament scene since Combo Breaker, and that tournament doesn't really count imo because the character was broken.

There's so many other characters who not only have way better options in the neutral game, but can open you up safely when they get in.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Obviously getting a better regular teleport in Displacer is huge and i love it. I'll have to see what the deal is with the orbs but it sounds like they are able to operate more to the extent of martian Manhunter's orbs from injustice which is anither very good thing. Since the b2 OS is now gone, what's b2 lightning ball run cancel in block?

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I don't think losing the OS will hurt that much. Normals being adjusted will allow us to play a better neutral, instead getting low profiled on everything. A good meterless teleport will make Displacer very scary. Both MoS and Displacer can play a better neutral game now

delbuster

hungry
just want to go over day 1 raiden b/c i just got the game on ps4 (used a friend's ps4 before) and the internet here i awful so downloading to the current patch is gonna take a while.

f12b2(1hit) b14 LRC 214 exDF2 b32(hold) superman did 42%
b2 run b14 exDF2 b14 LRC 214 superman did 46%

corner
b2 b2 b14 LRC 214 exDF2 njP b32(hold) f12b2(hold) 4 df2 did 56%
b32(1hit) b14 LRC 214 exDF2 213 f12b2(hold) f12b2(hold) 4 df2 did 48%
b33 exDF2 b2 b14 LRC 214 df2 did 50%
b33 exDF2 b2 b14 LRC 214 exDB3 f12b2(hold) f12b2(hold) 4 df2 did 55%

heheh

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
i cant seem to get f12b2, f12b2, f12b2 midscreen(displacer, MoS) after the new patch. can someone else try it and see if its my execution or they took it out
EDIT: nevermind its possible, but seems much harder to do then i remember
@GGA Dizzy @Nivek can you guys test this combo for me on the newest patch when you guys get the chance? Thanks

Last edited:
is it just me or does the LRC feel superweird postpatch? I can do most dvorah bug cancel links just fine still, but the run feels like it has alot tighter buffer when trying to cancel the lightning with raiden? havent had a problem doing b1, 4, LRC in ages but it feels really slow and clunky now, not to mention hard to combo off of.

is it just me or does the LRC feel superweird postpatch? I can do most dvorah bug cancel links just fine still, but the run feels like it has alot tighter buffer when trying to cancel the lightning with raiden? havent had a problem doing b1, 4, LRC in ages but it feels really slow and clunky now, not to mention hard to combo off of.
Yup same with scorpions and jax's it's because of the option select being gone. You now have to wait for the dash before you can run and it can't be all one fluid motion NRS screwed things up dude

Yup same with scorpions and jax's it's because of the option select being gone. You now have to wait for the dash before you can run and it can't be all one fluid motion NRS screwed things up dude
yeah, nevermind.. dvorah block strings are f'd up too. i literally spent the entire tremor patch practicing dvorah sq and raiden tg. All those... moments... will be lost, in time, like [chokes up] tears... in... rain. Time... to die.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
i cant seem to get f12b2, f12b2, f12b2 midscreen(displacer, MoS) after the new patch. can someone else try it and see if its my execution or they took it out
EDIT: nevermind its possible, but seems much harder to do then i remember
@GGA Dizzy @Nivek can you guys test this combo for me on the newest patch when you guys get the chance? Thanks
That combo seems to be very hard now. And every combo that involves f12b2 into run. I don't undertand this. This patch has bringed lots of stuff that shouldn't be happening.
By the way 34 teleport into down 1 is a bit harder than I expected...

Last edited:
yeah, nevermind.. dvorah block strings are f'd up too. i literally spent the entire tremor patch practicing dvorah sq and raiden tg. All those... moments... will be lost, in time, like [chokes up] tears... in... rain. Time... to die.
LMFAO they really don't give a fuck about the time we spend practicing lol

ismael4790

So did the changes to displacer make him good now or no?
The teleport is decent now. But some of his combos are now not reliable even offline. This variation had less damage before the patch than GOT and now has even less practical damage. It will rely almost entirely on using teleport to do mind games.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
The teleport is decent now. But some of his combos are now not reliable even offline. This variation had less damage before the patch than GOT and now has even less practical damage. It will rely almost entirely on using teleport to do mind games.
So, in other words...

No. lol

Damn.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
XD Well, overral I would say he is better than it was. But those combos should have stayed as "easy" as they were.
The fact that he can't tele out of strings is what I don't like. (or maybe he can and I'm just retarded) Was hoping when they made it faster it would be akin to MK9 tele. Nope. =/

What are some new combos for Displacer?

ismael4790

The fact that he can't tele out of strings is what I don't like. (or maybe he can and I'm just retarded) Was hoping when they made it faster it would be akin to MK9 tele. Nope. =/

What are some new combos for Displacer?
I think only 34 gives time (very few) to do a d1 for a not very impressive kind of combos.
It's still better to go with 34, f22+4, f12b2 superman. for more damage.

The usage I see for the new teleport is for mixups and maybe to punish some proyectiles on reaction. Doesn't seem to lead to practical combos.

Would have been nice than the link into d1 after the 34 teleport was easier. Also b34 teleport should lead to d1.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I think only 34 gives time (very few) to do a d1 for a not very impressive kind of combos.
It's still better to go with 34, f22+4, f12b2 superman. for more damage.

The usage I see for the new teleport is for mixups and maybe to punish some proyectiles on reaction. Doesn't seem to lead to practical combos.

Would have been nice than the link into d1 after the 34 teleport was easier. Also b34 teleport should lead to d1.
Massive =/ ... Well, thanks for the insight. :)

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
What combos are harder in displacer? Seem the same to me
f12b2, f12b2, f12b2 superman. I could consistantly get this pre patch, now i got it 1 time in well over 500 attempts. Also f22+4, f12b2, f12b2 superman is pretty tricky as well but much easier

ismael4790

f12b2, f12b2, f12b2 superman. I could consistantly get this pre patch, now i got it 1 time in well over 500 attempts. Also f22+4, f12b2, f12b2 superman is pretty tricky as well but much easier
We are going to have to go for easier and more consistent combos if this is not fixed...