What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden General Discussion

kudaytaa34

I'm not tier whoring guys i promise
Okay I have something for you guys. I'm an overall Raiden player from Mk9 going into Mkx but it wasn't until Mkx which is where I started playing competitively. That's besides the point though.

There's my first stream match right there, but i'd like to have some constructive criticism and feedback. My biggest problem right now is that I Struggle midscreen. And another thing that i'd like to bring up is how you guys feel about his b2 OS, I know there are a few players that use raiden that I talked to stated that they disliked it and that they DON'T use it out of respect for the other player. Thanks TYM mates.

p.s. this was before tanya patch. and sorry for the very brief post, i didn't have a lot of time to do this.

cheers!

Last edited:

mrtom

Noob
What's the deal with ex rising thunder (db3) on block? The data says it's 0 on block and yet I always get punished on block.

What's the deal with ex rising thunder (db3) on block? The data says it's 0 on block and yet I always get punished on block.
if they block you rising into the air and then you whiff the slam down ending, its a whiff- if you do it so that you end slamming on them and they block it, its 0

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
yo why cant i do electric fly after my 1122hold teleport move? i can never hit it. i can hit b32hold electric fly just fine but any of the ones that teleport i can never hit it.

any tips?

podizzler3000

unfortunately thats not it. i guess its a timing issue. can you start inputting bf3 while still holding 2?

i have pulled it off about 5 times........ total.

podizzler3000

Yes that's the trick you have to input it whilst holding down 2. It will follow up with immediate electric fly
thanks ill try after work. i figure this has to be easier to get down than LRC.

i can say i have mastered the armoured interactable though lol. i smashed a goros head 4 times into that middle section of emperors courtyard in one match it was great.

delbuster

hungry
yeah you're inputting back forward 3 way too late, should be during the multi hits of the thunder string, effectively canceling the thunder string into superman.
this is because the 1122hold string actually recovers pretty slowly, whereas b32/f12b2 hold strings recover pretty fast + launch high, so you do superman after they are done

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
has anyone thought, in thunder god, about throwing an EX thunder ball, stopping it right next to the opponent then hitting 1122 to teleport behind them?

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
just something i played around with. Let me know if you find something out. May have been my execution but the girls seemed harder than the others to do this on

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
If you know someone with a slow-ish ex move(10 frames or slower) is going to try and blow you up with armor in the gap for f12b1 you can complete the string and ex teleport for a punish

good day everyone.
Im trying to learn raiden.
can anyone write up what OS raiden has, please? (from all strings) or direct me to a post or a thread where it is already written up?
also, could you guys please direct me to his Lighting cancel frame data discussion thread?

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』

True

From Scrubs to Pros
Hey guys I need some help. I'm fresh with Raiden. In the thunder god variation. I need a good tip on how to do the thunder cancel after b13. I can never connect in time to continue my combo