What's new

"Rage-Quitting" online issue to be addressed on Tuesday w/ Batgirl Release

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
this is REALLY annoying and happens to me SEVERAL times a night. How did this make it into the game?? Just seems like a huge oversight/glitch nay?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm glad it's getting fixed. I play both offline and online a ton and as irrelevant as an online record is, I at least want it to be accurate. In unranked I've got about 250 losses total. 100 or so from guys I know who are really good that weren't able to play offline at the time, and literally about 125-150 from rage quits. It's gotten to the point where if someone is decent but not great, I purposely lower my game so I won't dominate them into a rage quit.

I've also noticed certain characters generate MUCH more salt. When I play with GL it barely happens other than an occasional "tier whore" hatemail, but good God the majority of those rages and my hatemails came from destroying people with Sinestro.

Pretty much describes my sentiments regarding this game. I've already lived through this experience with MK9, maybe thats why I'm jaded and don't really care much at this point. I fire this game up ocassionally and hit up the training room to make sure I don't get rusty with my timing or muscle memory .I play it offline competetively and casually about twice or once a week at most. I also make sure to read up on new tech and broken crap so i won't get caught offguard but aside from that, I don't bother with the online anymore. I endured the same awful lag ridden netcode and matchmaking system in MK9 for far too long, not happening again. If you carefully analyze the netcode and the matchmaking and rooms setups, it's a carbon copy of MK9's online system. It's just bad overall and comparing it to MK9 really doesn;t say much, MK9's netcode was the epitome of failiure.

The problem with the new patch is if disconnect % isnt reset then its to little to late and some of the top ranked players who are rage quitters are being punished a little to late. For those who dont want there stats to be hurt by RQ's its a little late the damage has been done. I agree that the online ranked records in general should be reset but i can already see all the complaints about well theres not point for me to play anymore if i have to start all over.

Me personally i say fuck it let'em riot.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
I didn't really care about this to begin with.

I've never looked at someone's record and thought highly or lowly of them....

to me if they are winning like 50 games to 1 loss....

they aren't trying very hard to keep playing people who can give them a run for their money.
My sentiments exactly, go negative for all I care so long as people stop playing scrubby. I rather lose and learn something then win and gain nothing but gimmicks and tactics that will not apply in person.

Pretty much describes my sentiments regarding this game. I've already lived through this experience with MK9, maybe thats why I'm jaded and don't really care much at this point. I fire this game up ocassionally and hit up the training room to make sure I don't get rusty with my timing or muscle memory .I play it offline competetively and casually about twice or once a week at most. I also make sure to read up on new tech and broken crap so i won't get caught offguard but aside from that, I don't bother with the online anymore. I endured the same awful lag ridden netcode and matchmaking system in MK9 for far too long, not happening again. If you carefully analyze the netcode and the matchmaking and rooms setups, it's a carbon copy of MK9's online system. It's just bad overall and comparing it to MK9 really doesn;t say much, MK9's netcode was the epitome of failiure.
100% agreed and some people dont notice the difference because they havent play a good amount of sessions offline. After playing offline for a few hours and then jumping online its like WTF especially with Bane.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
this is really starting to fucking piss me off. I just played a guy who was 88 and 12 or so. And he was Nightwing, and I was just MURDERING him. And he quits, and i check, and yep i get the loss! does he get a win for it? or a loss too? or what?

HOW the fuck does a game ship with that in it? Good gods. So records mean absolute shit. They either need to reset them, or lock everyone who quits often.

So fucking frustrating.

i dont care about my record, but for them to just get away free like that and get a win or a non loss and give me one? fuck that. how the fuck does that happen in a game like this? good gods.

his gt was hellaG1RLY on xbox.

this is really starting to fucking piss me off. I just played a guy who was 88 and 12 or so. And he was Nightwing, and I was just MURDERING him. And he quits, and i check, and yep i get the loss! does he get a win for it? or a loss too? or what?

HOW the fuck does a game ship with that in it? Good gods. So records mean absolute shit. They either need to reset them, or lock everyone who quits often.

So fucking frustrating.

i dont care about my record, but for them to just get away free like that and get a win or a non loss and give me one? fuck that. how the fuck does that happen in a game like this? good gods.
its not going to be reset and online should've tested better in general because its a big aspect in games this gen. I feel this patch should've happened at the latest with the Lobo release. I'm telling you to little to late a lot of damage has already been done.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
its not going to be reset and online should've tested better in general because its a big aspect in games this gen. I feel this patch should've happened at the latest with the Lobo release. I'm telling you to little to late a lot of damage has already been done.
I might just quit until Tuesday for it to be fixed.... more than one month after its release....

I might just quit until Tuesday for it to be fixed.... more than one month after its release....
Like you said its already been past a month so what's a few more days. Fuck I know I couldn't go until Tuesday without playing this game online even with this netcode that is unless I knew I had some offline sessions set up.

axeman87

Noob
I think anyone that was Rage quiting will prob quite altogether now. I cant imagine anyone who actually enjoyed the game and playing properly would RQ, just dickheads who want bragging rights and 'Achievments'. They wont be missed.

Alexandru Pascu

XBLGT:LordR3van90
I play Superman and I don't even spam lasers or F23breath and still got about 30 rage quits. That's 30 losses out of 200. It's no biggie just really annoying. Glad to hear they're fixing it.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I think anyone that was Rage quiting will prob quite altogether now. I cant imagine anyone who actually enjoyed the game and playing properly would RQ, just dickheads who want bragging rights and 'Achievments'. They wont be missed.
I would just like to crush them in real life with my bare hands. . . and then they can quit.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Good, I have a record of 40-10, guess how many times I've lost? Twice! I know people have had more rage quitters, but I don't even played ranked hardly. And the funny part is the people that are rage quitting are the ones with good records. Latest dude was like 1050-85, and he was pretty bad, as soon as I was about to win, dropped and I get a loss.

I don't necessarily care about ranked or record, but that's not even close to the point. I shouldn't get punished for my opponent being a scrub. I also think the update should reset ranked stats.
If it was on XBL I know exactly who you are talking about for the 1050-85 like record, they have quit twice on me and on a couple of other people I know at least once. I certainly am pretty average at this game. Only person on the leaderboard above trueskill 40. They will not be pleased lol.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I really don't understand the thinking behind stat whores either. Surely maintaining a really good w/l by cheating is to give the illusion you're really good, which all falls apart when you either:

a: are really shit, get exposed and ragequit
b: refuse to play at all

I just don't get it.

webreg

Noob
I would really like to reset my stats. I made a test run yesterday. I challenged a couple of people and wrote down their names. Got one match out of 10 requests. I re-logged to another account of mine that didn't yet had any stats and challenged the same people again. Well, 8 out of ten. Problem was, this new account is now 14/0 and people will soon start to ignore me again.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I really don't understand the thinking behind stat whores either. Surely maintaining a really good w/l by cheating is to give the illusion you're really good, which all falls apart when you either:

a: are really shit, get exposed and ragequit
b: refuse to play at all

I just don't get it.
I remember there was this guy from back in MK vs DC that had over 15,000 wins and something like 200 losses, that only used one move that was kind of like an infinite (superman ground pound over and over), you could get out of it, but it was tricky especially in a bad connection. But how could pressing dd4 around 100,000 times really be any fun at all?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
online stats, the most important think ever...

hope the patch notes for the batgirl patch get released sharpish

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
After the patch update, when someone rage quits on you, you will now receive 2 losses.

Seriously, though....how did this even happen? I've only played about 120 or so matches online, and I'd say a good 25% of those matches ended because of a rage quit. I hope they really do fix it. I don't really care about rage quits, but when you get a loss because your OPPONENT is a dick, that's fucked.