What's new

Tech - Quan Chi Quan Chi combos and tech

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Easy 35-36% in summoner without jnp (meterless)
Could you save the bat and end the combo a different way for potential overhead/low puggle mixups? Like end with 141 perhaps and send puggles low as they're rising and maybe run b2 or db4. This combos awesome either way, great for closing out rounds without meter.

Shtutik

Noob
Could you save the bat and end the combo a different way for potential overhead/low puggle mixups? Like end with 141 perhaps and send puggles low as they're rising and maybe run b2 or db4. This combos awesome either way, great for closing out rounds without meter.
141 is to slow at the end wont connect , but you can summon puggles safely after the uppercut and go in again

also i believe b2/low pugg on knockdown you can armor out of it and punish , tested more its strange sometimes puggles just dissapears you need to hit both at the same time , or if you expect armour you can do just front pugg its faster easier timing / but Kung Lao ex spin gets out of it every time no matter what you do. Scorpion can ex tele depends on the wakeup i guess

Last edited:
guys it seems to me that b12 range has been nerfed( the second hit) it wont connect after a f2122 without moving a little forward. Maybe its just the pc patch but can someone confirm?

Blakexton

Shinnuk
I haven't been able to hit b1,2 after f2, 1, 2, 2 without moving forward anyway.

Not sure what exactly has been changed but quan still kicks ass either way.

mfkaoz

Banned
What are you guys using for corner combos? I need optimal damage stuff because all I have now is setups into trance.
B324 NJ2 B12 Trance
B2 EX Rune NJ2 B12 Trance

What are you guys using for corner combos? I need optimal damage stuff because all I have now is setups into trance.
B324 NJ2 B12 Trance
B2 EX Rune NJ2 B12 Trance
if i want damage i usually do this which cost 1 bar unless you have a bat that you already set up in which replace that with the rune.
edit: summoner. forgot you play warlock

Last edited:

Uploaded the setup I have for it, this is a crazy find. Hopefully it can be worked to bag even more damage! You may even be able to get away with a f2,1,2 if they cant armour out?
I am yet to touch the game but if I understand it right, you build meter from ex runes on block as well, unlike mk9 where it is an unblockable,so meterbuilding is ridiculous . Plus it is all pure chip damage, so if they don't have the breaker when the rune trap starts- they won't be building it with the damage they receive from chip. They have to open themselves up in order to even get the breaker)

Wallach

Noob
First post! Finally made an account here.

Curious - is there a reason folks are using B12 instead of neutral 4 after B324 or F2122? N4 seems the better option to me, as it seems to consistently hit without any forward movement required (including midscreen).

On a side note, people are probably aware of this but you don't need to run cancel to get the reset after a midscreen meter burn DF2 in Warlock. You can just take one step forward and be in range for B324 before they fall too low to hit.

35% unbreakable combo. (All variations)

Waste the meterbar randomly is for fools, so obviously this is for emergency situations only.

Last edited:

VFELLHN

Noob
Hi guys some warlock and summoner combos i made. ( sorry for my bad camera )
Btw my summoner combo #2 i think could be even more damage cause after b324 i used 14 instead neutral4. i made it before i figured it out. lol
anw enjoy my poor videos :p

j2f+2122,4bf+3,j2b+324,d+3db+1enchance block,run b+2df+2 (41dmg one bar)
j2b+324,neutraljump2,4bf+3,backdash, j2f+4db+1enchance block,b+2df+2 ( 40dmg one bar )
j2f+2122,4bf+3,j2b+324,d+3db+1enchance block.db+1f (38dmg one bar)
j2b+324,neutraljump2,14bf+3,db3,b+324 release bat,db+1enchance block,db+1f (38dmg one bar)
Also a varation of the 3rd combo with a setup/ reset

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Very nice! the jip after trances you use are never consistent, for me anyway. That b2 combo never works for me unless I skip the jip after trance. I'm not sure why... I'm looking for max damage into stab setups - warlock
you gotta judge the distance, based on when you hit the trance. B2 Ex rune should be a consistent jp1. But b324 is iffy. Also, make sure youre using jp1 and not jp2.

Wallach

Noob
For Warlock in the corner, I like these combos for 1 bar:

B12 -> MB Ground Burst, NJ2, 4 -> Trance, jump back F2 -> F2122, B32 -> Portal Grab (43%)
(edit - you can start this with B2 for 42%)

F2122/B324, 4 -> MB Ground Burst, NJ2, 4 -> Trance, jump back F2 -> F212 -> Portal Grab (44%).

This is actually a really easy to perform combo because you have a huge window to buffer Portal Grab after F212 (you can input Portal Grab immediately after dialing in F212 if you want and it will work). If you start with F2122 you just need to delay the 4 -> MB Ground Burst a moment so they fall a bit lower so you don't whiff the Ground Burst after the 4.

I might make a separate thread tonight as I've got a bunch of Warlock stuff written down, including some variations for efficiency when adjusting for start such as using F212 for corner pressure and having the combo start off a blocked F212 -> MB Ground Burst where the first hit is the low Ground Burst launch. For example:

F212 -> MB Ground Burst (blocked until low, popup), NJ2, 4 -> Trance, jump back F2 -> F2122, 4 -> Portal Grab (35%)

Couple other Warlock-ish notes while I have time this morning:

- F212 is actually a pretty good string even though it is pure mids. It is basically totally safe on block; the only time you can get legit punished for F212 is if you are at the absolute maximum distance and they block F2, which will cause the 1 to whiff, leaving a very tiny window where Kung Lao can potentially MB Spin. Basically something a real player is not going to pull off. If the entire F212 string is blocked, nobody can punish this string, Kung Lao. This is especially useful since you can cancel F212 into MB Ground Burst for the low attempt and still be safe. It's also got very good range, and is stupid easy to confirm into F2122 if you see any of the string connecting. Get used to inputting F212 in for this string by default and only ever doing F2122 on confirm.

- Watch your combo enders mid-screen when you're fighting shorties (Kitana, Mileena, Cassie, etc). Their hitboxes are just slightly smaller enough that you can't connect a 4 after a Trance, F2122 at the same gravity scaling where it'll hit on taller dudes. I recommend ending mid-screen with either B2 -> Portal Grab or B3 -> Portal Grab; B3 is slightly more damage (usually ~1% more overall in the combo) but has slightly tighter timing mid-screen because it comes down instead of up.

- B324/F2122, 4 -> Trance, JF3 -> F2122, B2/3 -> Portal Grab is 35% anywhere on the screen with no meter on anyone. If you start with B324 you'll always want to take one full step back before JF3; if you start with F2122 you should always be able to go straight into JF3. It's much easier to use B2 at the end if you want to Portal Stab for the 50/50 instead (at this gravity/distance B3 will hit but the Portal Stab will whiff on a lot of characters). You only need to take one step forward after Portal Stab to be in range for your options, even mid-screen. A run is not needed even to hit B324.

- If you're ever unsure about your spacing after Trance (i.e. you punished with 12 -> Trance, 13 -> Trance, something like that and they're closer than you're used to), you can always dash into them and jump back F2 -> F2122.

Last edited:

KingRey

Noob
What are you sorcerers doing with the spell circles? I've been using the armor one as the other ones don't do anything for me in my hands.
I have been using the Sorcerer variation for Quan and have a meterless corner combo that does 37% damage and puts the opponent back in the corner. It also allows you to place any Hex at the end of the combo safely.I will be posting a video up later tonight.

Wallach

Noob
Couple new notes from tonight (partially Warlock-specific):

I figured out a slightly better corner combo off F2122 specifically:

F2122, 4, 4 xx MB DB1, NJ2, 4 xx BF3, JB2 xx F212 xx DF2 (48%, 1 bar, Warlock)

I like this one because F212 is a solid corner pressure string alternated with D3; it's safe, and you can instead go into F212 xx MB DB1 attempts to go for the low Ground Burst if they're blocking while staying safe. Main thing is that you easily have time to get 4, 4 xx DB1 after F2122 if F2122 is your first launcher (which applies outside this exact combo). I checked the combo and it works on all character hitboxes/weights. The only Warlock-specific aspect of this combo (and the others below) is the Portal Grab (and potential Portal Stab reset instead). Sorcerer/Summoner end at least on 45% plus whatever you can get at the end. I suspect Sorcerer would probably want to end with 4 xx Spell since it's a corner setup.

One other combo I wanted to highlight in the corner:

B12/B2/12 xx BF3, JB2 xx F2122, 4, 4 xx MB DB1, NJ2, 4 xx DF2 (39-41%, 1 bar)

This is a pretty useful 1 bar that comes off any ground string starter directly into Trance (ex. you're trying to punish something fast with 12 xx BF3). Note that you can dash forward before the JB2 if you're a ways out from the corner just to be sure the JB2 lands.

One thing that is useful about combos that start with ground strings directly into Trance is that you can omit the JF3 entirely in favor of a full run until the end of the Trance window. This allows you to get the corner carry from pretty damn far outside the corner, pushing them really far with the Trance and then again with the F2122. You can get this corner combo from out past the throwable urn interactibles on Jinsei Chamber, for example. Obviously you can come out of the Trance any way you want, that is just one of the most useful variations I've found for 1 meter since you have a lot of gravity scaling when you throw the Trance that early and this uses most of it without being that hard to execute. It basically gives you a corner carry and ~40% damage off 1 bar from quite a ways away from a wall, or a really solid damage punish off our very fast 12 ground string if you're already sort of close to the corner (you don't need to be right in the corner since F2122 will help you some on its own).

One cute thing about B2 is that you can use it on a Sub-Zero who is sitting behind his Ice Klone. The sword has no hurtbox, and the range is more than enough to go through an Ice Klone and hit a ducking Sub-Zero (which instantly shatters the Klone and allows you to go directly into Trance). Mostly useful if you have a GM Sub-Zero in the corner and they try to use it with their back to the wall; you can step back to medium range and threaten the low pop with medium distance Ground Burst, if you see them block ducking you can go for the B2 -> Trance and they'll often get tagged thinking they're safe behind their bullshit expecting to get to freeze punish off your B2.

Let me know if any of that crap is not clear and I'll get a quick video of it on the PC version.

Last edited:

RamenO

It Stinks!
Curious - is there a reason folks are using B12 instead of neutral 4 after B324 or F2122? N4 seems the better option to me, as it seems to consistently hit without any forward movement required (including midscreen).
With certain characters, like Goro, the neutral 4 doesn't hit after the F2122 string. B324 into 4 still works though. I find that B2 is a decent alternative, haven't really tried run canceling as my execution is atrocious.

In terms of corner combos I've found one that's easy on the execution for Warlock.

B324, 4 xx MB DB1, 4 xx BF3, F2122, 14 xx DF2 = 45% damage for 1 meter

How are you hitting the jump back, jump forward 3 in those combos Wallach?

Last edited:

Wallach

Noob
With certain character hit boxes, like Goro, the neutral 4 doesn't hit after the F2122 string. B324 into 4 still works though. I find that B2 is a decent alternative, haven't really tried run canceling as my execution is atrocious.
I actually just noticed this doesn't connect on Goro like an hour ago I haven't see it whiff on anyone else, but it's good to know.

How are you hitting the jump back, jump forward 3 in those combos Wallach?
It's not even JF3, just a side effect of me trying to write stuff down at 5 AM. It's 2, and really should just be written JB2. Post is corrected now, thanks.

I jumped on the PC version real quick just to get both of those combos on video so they are easier to see. Excuse my sloppy pad inputs, my stick is connected to the PS4 and that shit is like... over there.

Last edited:

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Wallach

If you change your portal combos combos to the ones in the Quan Two Three video, you'll get more damage. Do your nip at the end of corner combos. You can do like b2 ex rune, 4 trance, jb2 f2122, njp, 14portal.

Also, new 48% in the corner
Jp1, f2122, 4, 4 ex rune, njp, 14trance, jb2, f212portal

Last edited:

Wallach

Noob
Wallach

If you change your portal combos combos to the ones in the Quan Two Three video, you'll get more damage. Do your nip at the end of corner combos. You can do like b2 ex rune, 4 trance, jb2 f2122, bmp, 14portal.

Also, new 48% in the corner
Jp1, f2122, 4, 4 ex rune, nip, 14trance, jb2, f212portal
I kind of find the NJP that late after F2122 to be pretty goddamn hard to hit, especially on certain characters like Jacqui. Worse if you start off something like 12 or B12 for the speed which has an extra hit in scaling. Unless it is 3%+ higher it's probably not something I'd mess with personally.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I kind of find the NJP that late after F2122 to be pretty goddamn hard to hit, especially on certain characters like Jacqui. Worse if you start off something like 12 or B12 for the speed which has an extra hit in scaling. Unless it is 3%+ higher it's probably not something I'd mess with personally.
Suit yourself. I find the late njp to be a breeze. Tested it on cassie