What's new

Ps3 vs. 360

I've played mk9 since release on Xbox. Recently I've gotten a ps3 and I must say it is a drastically different experience. Live does have some great players but I feel like it is littered with scorpion 111'ers and no block-jump-a-thoners. After more than a week on ps3 I feel like I have yet to play a game against someone who has no idea what they are doing. It feels like it has many more competent players on it and I feel like I'm getting much better by playing on ps3. I know the rule of thumb is to play friends exclusively but sometimes that isn't possible. I've met a lot of ppl on psn that I have since added to my friends list.

Anyone else feel the same?

Btw treadmill1150 is my psn

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Have fun with your time-stalling xrays and your banned, laggy stages.

Xbox is just fine, thank you.
un rustle those jimmies. He's speaking toward the difference in the competency of the average, random player. Not knocking on hardware. Lettuce not turn this into a fanboy war :/

un rustle those jimmies. He's speaking toward the difference in the competency of the average, random player. Not knocking on hardware. Lettuce not turn this into a fanboy war :/
yeah absolutely. Maybe it's the clans I don't know. It's just noticably more competitive. Less rage quitters etc.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I'd like to play you sometime. Reptile players are some of my favorite people to fight, I have to be on my toes at all times and it helps with my reaction times. And while I do like the connection on Xbox, 90% of the random players I face are rage quitters or they aren't very good(This comming from me, a very bad player to begin with.)

GG's the other day Treadmill btw, the only reason I got to play you is because Back Back Back Low Punch was talking about going to a shelter for beaten women cuz you beat him 12-1. so it made me want to fight you lol.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Fighting games always sell more on the PS3, so you're usually going to get a higher skilled player pool. The stereotype is that most 360 owners are either college dudebros who only bought MK9 out of nostalgia, or 14 year olds because they want to play mature games for mature gamers such as themselves.

Also yes, the PS3 does have shitty framerate issues with X-rays and a couple of stages. MK9 uses the Unreal engine which just doesn't run as good on the PS3 as it does on the 360.

The chat rooms are just as bad, though. Enjoy witnessing "[ban incoming] PUSSY COMBO SPAMMER BITCH TITS" being spammed in the chat.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
My question is... What's the difference in the lag? I hear PSN is worse than XBL.
It is worse. The lobbies have this awful delay and I get more dropped games on PS3.

It isn't a whole lot worse seeing how shitty MK9 is online all around, but it is still noticeably worse.

Dizz_88

Noob
XBL has way better lag and PSN has a bigger community.

I don't understand how you can't find good players on xbl, guess you just don't know the right people.

XBL has way better lag and PSN has a bigger community.

I don't understand how you can't find good players on xbl, guess you just don't know the right people.
sigh....I said there were good ppl. I just mean there re more good ppl and less crummy ransoms on ps3

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
GG's to Beef Supreme btw. I've played him a few times. As far as the pros and cons of each system, there are a lot more people on psn and I would agree the competition is pretty good. As far as lag goes, I don't really notice that much of a difference. It seems like I have a good connection with people that live in the surrounding states or that live on the east coast. Plus I can't seem to find a good pad for xbox and the converters I've tried seem to have a little lag.

AYSAMO

Noob
I play on PS3, and whenever me and my friend play MK on his xbox online 99% of the time we baby every random we face even using that shit xbox controller. I almost never see anyone I recognize from TYM on the xbox lobbies.