What's new

Breakthrough - Jacqui Briggs [Pre-XL] The New Jacqui in MKX Online Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

huh

Noob
To clarify, when I talk about her zoning I'm not just talking about her guns. I'm talking about everything she gets in FA, so including the rockets. Yes, I will admit I'm impatient at times, but dismiss her zoning abilities as nothing more than a nuisance is a downplay in my opinion. I never said it was unbeatable, what I'm saying is that her zoning along with her mobility and her admittedly few fast normals make her much better than people are pretending she is. Of course when I say that I get accused of wanting to play the game on EZ mode - ironically said by people who stopped playing Jacqui because winning2hard.
You neutral duck the guns, block whenever you see the rocket animation (pretty reactable after the mb), walk in until midrange where Jacqui can't do nothing safe and be free to use any standing normal that outreaches her fast normals. For then on, it is a festival of pokes, advancing normals, blockstrings and whiff punishes in your face, if you are a Jacqui player.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
To clarify, when I talk about her zoning I'm not just talking about her guns. I'm talking about everything she gets in FA, so including the rockets. Yes, I will admit I'm impatient at times, but dismiss her zoning abilities as nothing more than a nuisance is a downplay in my opinion. I never said it was unbeatable, what I'm saying is that her zoning along with her mobility and her admittedly few fast normals make her much better than people are pretending she is. Of course when I say that I get accused of wanting to play the game on EZ mode - ironically said by people who stopped playing Jacqui because winning2hard.
She is by no means the worst character but when I can't D3 or S1 to poke and get my turn because I'm always out of range unless im sitting on their head it gets a bit ridiculous. Kitana, Quan, F/T, Erron Black all have semi decent to great zoning in atleast one or all of their variations and yet they don't suffer the same fate. If we're not getting better hitboxes then a special move being a bit safer on block is something I will gladly take. It's not even guaranteeing anything so I don't see what the problem is. It's just another option.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Calling her zoning godlike when so many characters can punish it or fully shut it down from FULLSCREEN is laughable. Her guns are mostly used as a check not as a full on zoning tool. Name one character (that's not Jason) that can't get in to at least midscreen after ducking her guns then dashing/running in..
The buff helps her rushdown game and wakeup mainly, helps the opponents be a bit more honest when they're ducking waiting for guns around midscreen but nothing ground-breaking coz you can crouch in that distance and throw pokes out which will stuff the bf2 if she tries it.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Let's put something into perspective:

Jacqui has A fast normal. Her s1 is 6 frames. Yeah, that's fast.

Now let's put its range, or lack thereof into perspective: If Jacqui was a male, the length of "his" penis would extend further than the range of "his" s1.

So, having a fast normal that has absolutely no range whatsoever isn't something to write home about.
woah woah, Jacqui has more than A fast normal. s4 is an 8 frame mid, stanky leg is 11 frames mid, launching and plus on block, d1 7 frames d3 is 8 frames.

I'm not talking about range, i'm talking speed.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
EX BF2 being safe is good. She finally catches up with the rest of the cast in having at least one armor move that either combos or is safe. Finally.

Regular BF2 being a "safeish" move is pretty big. Me and @Rip Torn were discussing this. No one needs help getting in more than Jacqui in this game and at least this gives an option if you can time/space yourself accordingly. The struggle is so real getting in that sometimes being blocked and dealing with pressure is a great alternative if it means you're inside. Very needed change with BF2 and the EX version.

*This much more helps Shotgun and High Tech. Full Auto has more competitive range than the other two variations who suffer hard in certain areas and MUs.
Yeah, it seems like you were right about regular bf2 being safer. I need to check bf1 on whiff now ;)

ex BF2 is definitely good for HT and Shotgun. For HT, it's a way past projectiles without switching sides, so you can push them into the corner instead of exbf1 which just keeps them midscreen. If you are too late or they faint the projectile, you aren't a sitting duck anymore and still push them back.

All variations benefit in the wakeup department. Also, armoring through pressure without getting baited into a punish or low-profiled.

Full Auto probably benefits the most from the timer change. She can get a life lead and try to lame you out a bit. The timer might hurt High Tech though, it's hard to say.

Xev

Noob
I'm really curious how they made her stanky leg easier. I've gotten pretty good with it as is but I'm welcome to any change even making it easier lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yeah, it seems like you were right about regular bf2 being safer. I need to check bf1 on whiff now ;)

ex BF2 is definitely good for HT and Shotgun. For HT, it's a way past projectiles without switching sides, so you can push them into the corner instead of exbf1 which just keeps them midscreen. If you are too late or they faint the projectile, you aren't a sitting duck anymore and still push them back.

All variations benefit in the wakeup department. Also, armoring through pressure without getting baited into a punish or low-profiled.

Full Auto probably benefits the most from the timer change. She can get a life lead and try to lame you out a bit. The timer might hurt High Tech though, it's hard to say.
If BF1 had a speedy type of recovery I'd die of hype lol.

Oh yea! I'm trying to change up my playstyle a bit to adjust to the new changes. I like how EX BF2 puts them right in the range of a clean Dust so they have to be mindful on block.

I might actually mess with FA now and complete the trilogy. You can catch duckers of bullets midscreen with EX BF2 to keep them honest like before, but now don't have to worry about being full combo punished so it's useful to do. If one of the semi advancing moves becomes a little faster and D4 she'd be perfect.

I'm overall pleased in the way these buffs are occurring because they aren't the type that make her stupid at all, just better as a whole and needed.

Crimea

Noob

Now let's put its range, or lack thereof into perspective: If Jacqui was a male, the length of "his" penis would extend further than the range of "his" s1.

So, having a fast normal that has absolutely no range whatsoever isn't something to write home about.
#buffjacqui let's give her an advanced penis normal

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Nooooooooo... but she's plus 2 on everything, she doesn't need long reaching mids.
We don't expect long reaching mids, though it is the Jacqui players dream, we just don't want to get stuffed everytime we try and close someone down because some people think her zoning is an infinite win tactic. The BF2 buff helps in a way that isn't game breaking. It's subtle but can be effective.

LongLiveMiniBriggs

thlityoursloat

kick kick
We don't expect long reaching mids, though it is the Jacqui players dream, we just don't want to get stuffed everytime we try and close someone down because some people think her zoning is an infinite win tactic. The BF2 buff helps in a way that isn't game breaking. It's subtle but can be effective.

LongLiveMiniBriggs
But I want her to suck so I can pound her with Kotal and Kano with their normals that have 10000000x more range.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer

Spoiler. Bf1 still punishable on whiff and low profileable. It's even punishable on whiff in both bad and good internet connections.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Spoiler. Bf1 still punishable on whiff and low profileable. It's even punishable on whiff in both bad and good internet connections.
Yup looks that way. Fingers still crossed for a couple of start up frame buffs in the final version. That's all that would be needed that's left.

Cameronwinss

Hay gurl hay
Show me on the doll where the rush down player touched you.

Also, I'm not a "rush down fool". I play a variety of characters, and my issue with Jacqui is not that she can sit back all day and zone you out - the basic version of this strategy is quite easy to beat. It's the fact she has godlike zoning, AND fast normals, AND plus frames on said normals, AND pretty insane amounts of damage, AND the best back walk in the game AND one of the best runs in the game.

But I guess I'm the scrub for pointing out that Jacqui was never low tier and that she doesn't really need all these buffs. Your reply says more about you, and the mentality of TYM in general, where a character will ALWAYS be deserving of buffs unless top 1.

And as somebody who's been maining Goro since day 1, fuck you for telling me I'm looking to play the game on easy mode. If I wanted EZ mode I'd play Kung Lao. Or Jacqui, and then proceed to complain that my character isn't top 2 in the game.
Just wondering. Have you played a Lui Kang or Kung Lao.....or Tanya with Jacqui. Those fast normals you speak of would work wonders in those match ups. My farthest poke is what 14 (D4) iirc. I would love to play the Jacqui or talking about the one with Fast normals and godlike zoning. I want that one lets trade.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®

If Jacqui had a penis, she'd be my favorite character.

Status
Not open for further replies.