What's new

Breakthrough - Jacqui Briggs [Pre-XL] The New Jacqui in MKX Online Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You mean it is possible for my leg to get all Stanky up in here?! That's pretty exciting.

Are you sure you're not feeling the full effect of a placebo here?
Definitely.

I was one of those people who could barely get the input down, and even in the training room get it about 7/10 times with focusing on it. I could do one in a corner combo inconsistently. But that's about it.

Was testing stuff online when matched against a friend and was able to do like 13 in a row before I dropped one. Then was getting like 8-9 in a row each time. Went back to regular MKX and got like 3-4 in a row max and sometimes 5 times straight before I got one out. It's definitely an easier input now. Still a stupid input, but I realistically think it can be learned now where before I thought people were just bs'ing when they said they mastered it.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Definitely.

I was one of those people who could barely get the input down, and even in the training room get it about 7/10 times with focusing on it. I could do one in a corner combo inconsistently. But that's about it.

Was testing stuff online when matched against a friend and was able to do like 13 in a row before I dropped one. Then was getting like 8-9 in a row each time. Went back to regular MKX and got like 3-4 in a row max and sometimes 5 times straight before I got one out. It's definitely an easier input now. Still a stupid input, but I realistically think it can be learned now where before I thought people were just bs'ing when they said they mastered it.
Sounds like a dream to me. Opens a whole load of options with AAs and such. Thanks for the heads up, brew

I think it matters a lot. The only reason she wasn't in the top 10ish was due to her unsafe armor and horrible pokes.

I still believe her pokes need more range or a faster d4 to compete at the highest level.

Huge change though.

My question is why would you think these buffs are OK in her best variation?

Makes sense for Shotgun and HT, but it's completely stupid for FA.
I want everyone to take notice of this mentality as it highlights the biggest scrubs in not only MKX but all of the fighting game community.

Fricken rush down fools want to not have to work to win. Zoning at a high level requires just as much skill as high level rush down.

It reminds me of when they made yun lunge punch plus and said "people complained it was too hard to get it"

Puke.

So what that NRS is trying to make mkx not 100% in your face.

E

Eldriken

Jeeeeesus. It's STILL a thing to moan over Full Auto's zoning? Fuck me deadly with a chainsaw.

But to be on topic: The changes to (EX) bf2 are great. Hopefully it makes the cut and doesn't wind up just being a beta thing. She could definitely use it.

Dabluprint4

eh....
Jeeeeesus. It's STILL a thing to moan over Full Auto's zoning? Fuck me deadly with a chainsaw.

But to be on topic: The changes to (EX) bf2 are great. Hopefully it makes the cut and doesn't wind up just being a beta thing. She could definitely use it.
lmao ive been laughing at your posts for a week now! dont stop being awesome!

Agilaz

It has begun
I want everyone to take notice of this mentality as it highlights the biggest scrubs in not only MKX but all of the fighting game community.

Fricken rush down fools want to not have to work to win. Zoning at a high level requires just as much skill as high level rush down.

It reminds me of when they made yun lunge punch plus and said "people complained it was too hard to get it"

Puke.

So what that NRS is trying to make mkx not 100% in your face.

Show me on the doll where the rush down player touched you.

Also, I'm not a "rush down fool". I play a variety of characters, and my issue with Jacqui is not that she can sit back all day and zone you out - the basic version of this strategy is quite easy to beat. It's the fact she has godlike zoning, AND fast normals, AND plus frames on said normals, AND pretty insane amounts of damage, AND the best back walk in the game AND one of the best runs in the game.

But I guess I'm the scrub for pointing out that Jacqui was never low tier and that she doesn't really need all these buffs. Your reply says more about you, and the mentality of TYM in general, where a character will ALWAYS be deserving of buffs unless top 1.

And as somebody who's been maining Goro since day 1, fuck you for telling me I'm looking to play the game on easy mode. If I wanted EZ mode I'd play Kung Lao. Or Jacqui, and then proceed to complain that my character isn't top 2 in the game.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer

Also, I'm not a "rush down fool". I play a variety of characters, and my issue with Jacqui is not that she can sit back all day and zone you out - the basic version of this strategy is quite easy to beat. It's the fact she has godlike zoning, AND fast normals, AND plus frames on said normals, AND pretty insane amounts of damage, AND the best back walk in the game AND one of the best runs in the game.

But I guess I'm the scrub for pointing out that Jacqui was never low tier and that she doesn't really need all these buffs. Your reply says more about you, and the mentality of TYM in general, where a character will ALWAYS be deserving of buffs unless top 1.

And as somebody who's been maining Goro since day 1, fuck you for telling me I'm looking to play the game on easy mode. If I wanted EZ mode I'd play Kung Lao. Or Jacqui, and then proceed to complain that my character isn't top 2 in the game.
You forgot to add :DOGE at the end of your post. :DOGE

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs

Sorry man but that is laughable. She doesn't have fast normals. She has slow normals in comparison with the rest of the cast, and they have the same amount of range as her nose. Your godlike zoning comment also shows your lack of knowledge or skill, I'm not too sure which. Patience will beat jacqui's zoning all day long, there is no way she can spend all her time relying on it to win a set against a half decent player.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
Great reply, very indicative of the TYM community to sarcastically quote a post instead of explaining why there's disagreement. Stay classy, Jacqui players.
Let me take a shot at this.
Her zoning is only good vs players who either get impatient really quick or are very inexperienced. Other than that she is pretty much no zoner at all.
Quick normals is true but the range on all of the quick ones is so bad that there is no point in using them unless you have an advantage, like after a landed poke e.t.c

To sum it up: you're blowing out of proportion what she is able to do

E

Eldriken

Let's put something into perspective:

Jacqui has A fast normal. Her s1 is 6 frames. Yeah, that's fast.

Now let's put its range, or lack thereof into perspective: If Jacqui was a male, the length of "his" penis would extend further than the range of "his" s1.

So, having a fast normal that has absolutely no range whatsoever isn't something to write home about.

Agilaz

It has begun
Let me take a shot at this.
Her zoning is only good vs players who either get impatient really quick or are very inexperienced. Other than that she is pretty much no zoner at all.
Quick normals is true but the range on all of the quick ones is so bad that there is no point in using them unless you have an advantage, like after a landed poke e.t.c

To sum it up: you're blowing out of proportion what she is able to do
To clarify, when I talk about her zoning I'm not just talking about her guns. I'm talking about everything she gets in FA, so including the rockets. Yes, I will admit I'm impatient at times, but dismiss her zoning abilities as nothing more than a nuisance is a downplay in my opinion. I never said it was unbeatable, what I'm saying is that her zoning along with her mobility and her admittedly few fast normals make her much better than people are pretending she is. Of course when I say that I get accused of wanting to play the game on EZ mode - ironically said by people who stopped playing Jacqui because winning2hard.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Jacqui's zoning isn't anywhere close to godlike. And her meaningful normals are slow as hell compared to the rest of the cast.

Full Auto's strong point isn't even being able to keep you out, honestly. Because it really doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.