What's new

Breakthrough POST NERF: Stop using f2,d1 in the corner for damage.

Drecker

GET CITY.
Nerfs:

Normalized the amount of damage scaling on Superman’s combos.
Normalized Superman’s damage scaling while using his Steel Rush (Forward+2, Down+1) combo.

F2,D1 scales our combos MUCH more than it did previously. At this point, you're better off omitting the f2,d1's in the corner if you want to go for raw damage. I'll get some comparisons going ASAP.

The implication is that he'll build less meter, but have a much easier time performing the standard corner B&B's since it's now optimal to 3xxScoop off Heat Zap out of Freeze Breath as opposed to f2,d1's immediately. There's a good amount of leeway in these combos now, you just need to readjust. Builds a little less meter, infinitely easier.

Drecker

GET CITY.
All combos taken from the Superman Prime Living Guide. Updated by me.

Heat zap, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath
Old: 80%
New: 72%
Without F2,D1: 75%

Air ground smash, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath
Old: 73%
New: 66%
Without F2,D1: 69%

3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breat
Old: 73&
New: 61%(!!!!!)
One rep of F2,D1: 63%
Without F2,D1: 66%

223, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath
Old: 67%
New: 61%
Without F2,D1: 63%

F2d1, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath
Old: 69%
New: 48%(!!!!!!!!)
Without second F2,D1: 50%

F2d13, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath = 63%
Old: 63%
New: 44% (!!!!!!!!!)
Without F2,D1: 45%.

F23 heat zap, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath
Old: 68%
New: 62%
Without F2,D1: 65%

111 low scoop, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 super breath
Old: 56%
New: 49%
Without F2,D1: 50%

111 mb super breath, heat zap, 3 trait, f2d1, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath
Old: 57%
New: Untested, assume it's horrible.
Without second F2,D1: 47%

My f2,3 B&B's

F23 xx Trait, 3 xx MB Super Breath, Heat Zap, f2d1, f2d1, 3 xx Scoop, 3 xx Super Breath
Old: 58%
New:49%
Without second F2,D1: 51%
Without F2,D1: 54%

F23, 3 xx Trait, 3 xx MB Super Breath, Heat Zap, f2d1, 3 xx Scoop, 3 xx Super Breath
Old: 62%
New: 56%
Without F2,D1: 58%

F23 xx Heat Zap, 3 xx MB Super Breath, Heat Zap, f2d1, f2d1, 3 xx Scoop, 3 xx Super Breath (Traitless)
Old: 53%
New: 46%
Without second F2,D1: 48%
Without F2,D1: 50%

The implication is that he'll build less meter, but have a much easier time performing the standard corner B&B's since it's now optimal to 3xxScoop off Heat Zap out of Freeze Breath as opposed to f2,d1's immediately. There's a good amount of leeway in these combos now, you just need to readjust. Builds a little less meter, infinitely easier.

SatsuiYesHadou DeathAndHealing Karried TONY-T Raynex

TONY-T

Mad scientist
im trying to think of a replacement for f2d1. have you tried going into f2d13 then doing 3 into AG or breath? sorry, dont have the patch yet..

Drecker

GET CITY.
im trying to think of a replacement for f2d1. have you tried going into f2d13 then doing 3 into AG or breath? sorry, dont have the patch yet..
The way f2,d13 works in the corner, I can't get it to not cross up. I don't think this will work.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
What are we supposed to do exactly for meterless bnbs now? Normally you do 223 / 23, then THREE REPS OF F2D1. The scaling is going to make his meterless corner combos do less than many other characters, which doesn't make much sense because he's Superman. I'd rather they just tone down the damage on individual moves instead of increasing the scaling of our most used combo move in the corner.

Also lowering the execution barrier on Superman's corner combos = more bandwagoners incoming. Ultimately though this is a very simple adjustment. Remove all F2D1s from your combos, the end.

Thanks for the comparison Drecker

Drecker

GET CITY.
What are we supposed to do exactly for meterless bnbs now? Normally you do 223 / 23, then THREE REPS OF F2D1.
Off 2 starters, I'm doing any of the following:

f2,3 xx Trait xx 3, Scoop, 3 xx Breath - 40%

2,2,3 xx Trait xx 3, f2,d1, 3 xx Scoop, 3 xx Breath - 40%

2,2,3 3 xx Trait 3 xx Scoop, 3 xx Breath - 44% (I have ridiculous execution and this seems incredibly inconsistent).

MrAvA

Smashing.
Couldn't they just nerf the cool down of his trait instead of the overall damage. Goddam it no more 75% corner combos for me anymore :mad:. They also made his corner combos easier too? You guys hear that. Its the sound of dick rider coming.

Well, I guess this is why they didnt nerf breath, honestly I would of rather see that then a nerf on f2d1. I just started learning these corner combos :/

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
It'll be harder for people who know them already. I literally can do the corner combos in my sleep and now I have to consciously think to not do F2D1

Still got some good meterless in the corner, even traitless.

F23~heat zap, 11, 3~scoop, 3~breath = 38%.

F23~heat zap, 3~trait, 3~scoop, 3~breath = 48%

223, 11, 11, 3~scoop, 3~breath = 35%

223, 3~trait, 11, 3~scoop, 3~breath = 47%

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Is using f2d1 still viable as a combo ender mid screen for that hard knockdown? Or is it ass now bc of dmg scaling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Turnbull

Noob
Honestly I found it easier using 1 to 2 f2-d1's because the gravity basically made it harder to whiff the scoop. Now you have to wait till they basically are on the ground. Maybe that's just me.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
That f2d1 nerf was ****ing stupid. I was practicing my f2d1 bnb that does 41% midscreen and I got 29-30%. Biggest wtf moment of my life

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Makes throwing out F2D1 (breath) so much less viable.

I'll take the two or so percent hit for a more consistent corner combo than to have it potentially whiff by dropping the F2D1. Maybe it can be substituted with 22 scoop but we'll see.