What's new

Possible New Tech

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
No. EX hellfire doesn't scale after air throws or spears that down the opponent. (or 334, or EX Teleport)
IMHO Scorpion always wants to go for the vortex against all characters. Scorpion is Johnny Cage with better zoning and worse rush down. Scorpion is Sonya with worse zoning and worse rush down and worse frame traps and...wait...lol

The vortex's are Scorpions best method of making the opponents play his game after he has to play theirs.
He's not Ermac where he wants certain characters at one distance, and others at another...

This is also one of the reasons Scorpion is better than Ermac.

I now know that you can d1~teleport Cyrax after he teleports. Also works on the teleports of Kung Lao (sometimes) and Mileena. Especially useful against Mileena.

List of Specials that you can D+1~Teleport:
1. Scorpion's Teleport
2. Kung Lao's Teleport (can also 1~teleport)
3. Ermac's Teleport
4. Kitana's Square Boost
5. Cage's Flash Kick
6. Mileena's Teleport (on block)
7. Cyrax's Teleport & Anti-Air
8. Noob's Teleport
9. Sektor's Teleport (on block)
10. Kano's Upball (on block)

List of Specials that you can D+1~Teleport:
1. Scorpion's Teleport
2. Kung Lao's Teleport (can also 1~teleport)
3. Ermac's Teleport
4. Kitana's Square Boost
5. Cage's Flash Kick
6. Mileena's Teleport (on block)
7. Cyrax's Teleport & Anti-Air
8. Noob's Teleport
9. Sektor's Teleport (on block)
10. Kano's Upball (on block)
Kano's upball and Kitana's sb are the 2 specials that only a d1~teleport could punish into vortex which is why I didnt mention the others. You can punish Kano's upball with b2 only if your oponent doesnt do another upball right after they land cause you wont have enough time.

Kano's upball and Kitana's sb are the 2 specials that only a d1~teleport could punish into vortex which is why I didnt mention the others. You can punish Kano's upball with b2 only if your oponent doesnt do another upball right after they land cause you wont have enough time.

Any of the specials can be punished into vortex after D+1~Teleport. For example, If I duck Noob's TP and D+1~TP after the TP connects, I dash in and 1,1,1~Spear. This applies to all of the above.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
So kano can upball again after it's blocked but he cant block?

So kano can upball again after it's blocked but he cant block?
I suppose he should be able to but it's never happenned to me. They either get punished with b2 or they upball before I can hit them with it.

Any of the specials can be punished into vortex after D+1~Teleport. For example, If I duck Noob's TP and D+1~TP after the TP connects, I dash in and 1,1,1~Spear. This applies to all of the above.
Yes, I know but.. just read what I said again.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Off-topic: What can punish Raiden's Superman?

On-topic: D1xxTeleport can also snag Scorpion's EN Teleport for a vortex combo.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I suppose he should be able to but it's never happenned to me. They either get punished with b2 or they upball before I can hit them with it.
If he has time to upball then he has to have time to block. It's just that the people you're playing against are trying to do something besides block after the upball.

Kitana's Square Boost can be interrupted by normals if you have a fast enough reaction time. You can also beat it on with 3,3~TP on her wake-up.

If he has time to upball then he has to have time to block. It's just that the people you're playing against are trying to do something besides block after the upball.
Im starting to think 11~spear would be better for punishing Kano's upball but Ive never been comfortable starting with a standing 11 cause of uppercut scrubs maybe.

Red Son

Noob
Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum, but I've been seeing some posts in here since the new MK's release.
Tomorrow I started to play with scorpion, and I saw the IA Teleport thread, and it's to hard to do it consistently, I got it 1 time only.
I'm gonna do Scorpion my main, so I was thinking that maybe in hitbox it can be done more easily. Before I buy one, can someone, that have hitbox, tell me if it's more easy or not?

My thanks

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum, but I've been seeing some posts in here since the new MK's release.
Tomorrow I started to play with scorpion, and I saw the IA Teleport thread, and it's to hard to do it consistently, I got it 1 time only.
I'm gonna do Scorpion my main, so I was thinking that maybe in hitbox it can be done more easily. Before I buy one, can someone, that have hitbox, tell me if it's more easy or not?

My thanks
in short...yes the hb will make the iaTP easier to execute.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
When Scorpion has you in a vortex situation, why is it that i see people using B2 rather than 2 1+2? the last hit in the string hits overhead so i dont see why you would use an unsafe B2 rather than a safe 2 1+2 which serves the same purpose, hitting overhead.

Am i missing something, or is b2 better than i give credit for?

Error

DF2+R2
B2 is a straight forward overhead that you cannot fuzzy guard on reaction, but you can see 2, 1+2 coming a mile away.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
2,1+2 isn't safe. 2,1+2xxTakedown is, but 2,1+2 is techinically hit-confirmable into Tele or Takedown, meaning the window for hit-confirming is pretty tight, but its there. imo 2xxTakedown, 2,1+2 would make for a nice, safe mix-up, if it weren't for the fact that 2 also whiffs on duckblocking opponents.