What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
You can reverse a wakeup in the corner or mess up their input by ending a combo by 4d4 then run then neutral jump.
Like 1 1 1 4d4 on a juggle.

edit: also doable after a forward throw. so ending a combo with forward throw is ok too, but I believe you can tech a throw even when being combo'd.

To neutral jump you could either block then jump when kenshi hits the wall or hit crouch then jump. Like a super jump input.

Ofcourse will work only against a regular wakeup and not the delayed one.

Should help with control in hte corner a bit. He still sucks.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
I've spoken about this 24/7 for a week over now so I'm gonna copy paste a txt msg I think will help cover some issues

Kenjutsu issues:
- if u want any dmg whatsoever u need meter

- risking df1 for 7-9%??? Doesn't launch and if wrong u risk 7-9% for 40% into a reset

-bf3 is -1000000 one of his best whiff punishing tools but meh

-db1 leads to next to nothing other than a just frame d1 to ender and is not good for dmg, or aa. Pretty crap move/punishable and when d2/d4/b4/d1 exist as better anti airs it makes this move even more trash

- bf2 is good but no Y axis hitbox

-b2 is gutter trash design, convince me plz otherwise

-322 <--- last hit should be OH

- 441<---- use to be OH launcher string as did b2 for other variations possessed and balanced

- to do good dmg u need 2 bars other wise u can hit low 30s off punish confirms into ex df1 or risky punishable ex df1

- db 4 doesn't combo leads to nothing without meter. No reason to use this move without *of course* spending a bar. Terrible Y axis hitbox if any

- ex db1 is absolutely worthless

-f2 slow start up hella punishable overhead meanwhile Jaqui looks over and says "HI Kenshi check out my -5 on block OH launcher, btw I got them LOWS too and they all lead to one place ......meterless 40% dmg combo and safe...get some BTW SEE YOUR FRAMES??? Yea I stole that too from u" -signed Jaqui /quan and family

-d3 is salt in the wound seeing how it is made a mid

Then there's just simple logic: 15+ characters have at least 3-5 if not all of these for all variations
-resets
-50/50 and some safe are safe launchers
-vortexs
-meterless dmg
-no worthless moves
-hella better normals

Need I say anymore ??? I'm done
I've been training to adopt Kenjutsu Kenshi as one of my secondary characters because how much he reminds me of MKDeception Kenshi moveset wise (main one being Sub-Zero, more specifically Cryomancer so it's not like I'm trying to juice and optimize everything or I would be picking GM) and this is pretty much spot on.

I used some of yours and others videos and tips during the process (late thanks for that) and so far Kenjutsu feels like a poor man's Cryomancer (and it can be argued that Cryomancer is the poor man's Sub-Zero) in that both need meter to build a proper offense for proper mixup starters and armor, but Cryomancer has way more options with no meter (specially against female characters as he can B33, iceball them anywhere, not just the corner).

I think Kenjutsu would be much better if simply DB1 was a regular juggle (one that doesn't require you to time a d1 in a time range that makes it nearly impossible, specially online). DB1 hits mid, so while DF1 I understand that needs meter to be a launcher because it's an overhead and opens for mixups specially with b3, DB2 should allow you to juggle into more potent stuff (like F3,2) given how it can be blocked on any position. Technically there is juggle potential, so I don't think it would be too much to open that window of opportunity a bit so you can do something with it.

BF2 is good to make things safe but you're right about the hitbox, it wouldn't hurt if it covered a higher vertical range.

Some moves like B1 feel like they said "hey let's give this character a lot of overheads and not care about how useful they are" given how it loses in every department to DF1 and F1 so it's better to act like that move doesn't even exist, I think it could get some help too.

Really with just the DB1 fix and maybe some tweakes here and there in the other things, he could be fine. Being able to get some meterless damage like everyone else would help a lot and at least be a start.

I will keep training with him but I hope he gets something, just some extra frames to combo after DB1 would be much apreciated.

Last edited:

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I've been training to adopt Kenjutsu Kenshi as one of my secondary characters because how much he reminds me of MKDeception Kenshi moveset wise (main one being Sub-Zero, more specifically Cryomancer so it's not like I'm trying to juice and optimize everything or I would be picking GM) and this is pretty much spot on.

I used some of yours and others videos and tips during the process (late thanks for that) and so far Kenjutsu feels like a poor man's Cryomancer (and it can be argued that Cryomancer is the poor man's Sub-Zero) in that both need meter to build a proper offense for proper mixup starters and armor, but Cryomancer has way more options with no meter (specially against female characters as he can B33, iceball them anywhere, not just the corner).

I think Kenjutsu would be much better if simply DB1 was a regular juggle (one that doesn't require you to time a d1 in a time range that makes it nearly impossible, specially online). DB1 hits mid, so while DF1 I understand that needs meter to be a launcher because it's an overhead and opens for mixups specially with b3, DB2 should allow you to juggle into more potent stuff (like F3,2) given how it can be blocked on any position. Technically there is juggle potential, so I don't think it would be too much to open that window of opportunity a bit so you can do something with it.

BF2 is good to make things safe but you're right about the hitbox, it wouldn't hurt if it covered a higher vertical range.

Some moves like B1 feel like they said "hey let's give this character a lot of overheads and not care about how useful they are" given how it loses in every department to DF1 and F1 so it's better to act like that move doesn't even exist, I think it could get some help too.

Really with just the DB1 fix and maybe some tweakes here and there in the other things, he could be fine. Being able to get some meterless damage like everyone else would help a lot and at least be a start.

I will keep training with him but I hope he gets something, just some extra frames to combo after DB1 would be much apreciated.
Exactly. I'd really like him to get some more substantial links after db1 for better meterless damage (what I was actually getting at a few posts ago before engaging trolls and derailing thread; apologies). He absolutely needs his meter for defensive applications, as do most characters, so it sucks to not even tap the upper 20s meterless.

Hey guys new here and am absolutely a filthy casual. I totally realize Kenshi/Kenjutsu is not optimal by any means, but I find it fun and am holding my ground against randoms online. To the guy that says its easy to hit a D1 after a DB1...bullshit. I saw darksyde's video and it helps in the lab, but I can't hit that online consistently to save my life.

I am finding it much easier to just end a DB1 with a D2. I understand it's lesser damage, but you can over-input 2 and it seems way easier to hit (and actually possible online). I usually just double-tap (I know I tripled in the video below), and it usually ends up coming out and connecting. Afterwards it also sets you up nicely @ 3/4 screen, just in range for a BF3 (most people online don't know you can punish this).

In the video I started with a B1, it's nice because you end up real close for the DB1 and D2 will be in range. D2's range is shit so you need the DB1 to be close, so they fall next to you. Other starters may work for a little mix-up action, but some put the opponent too far away.

I know it's not much, but it's some kind of meterless damage that i'm actually able to pull off. Just thought i'd share.

Edit: Forgot the frame data stuff. D1 has a startup of 9 frames. D2 has a startup of 8, which lead me to think you'd have a slightly bigger window to land it. Still have to time it, but it seems easier to me at least.

Last edited:
Hey guys new here and am absolutely a filthy casual. I totally realize Kenshi/Kenjutsu is not optimal by any means, but I find it fun and am holding my ground against randoms online. To the guy that says its easy to hit a D1 after a DB1...bullshit. I saw darksyde's video and it helps in the lab, but I can't hit that online consistently to save my life.

I am finding it much easier to just end a DB1 with a D2. I understand it's lesser damage, but you can over-input 2 and it seems way easier to hit (and actually possible online). I usually just double-tap (I know I tripled in the video below), and it usually ends up coming out and connecting. Afterwards it also sets you up nicely @ 3/4 screen, just in range for a BF3 (most people online don't know you can punish this).

In the video I started with a B1, it's nice because you end up real close for the DB1 and D2 will be in range. D2's range is shit so you need the DB1 to be close, so they fall next to you. Other starters may work for a little mix-up action, but some put the opponent too far away.

I know it's not much, but it's some kind of meterless damage that i'm actually able to pull off. Just thought i'd share.

Nice! I think I'm going to start using D2 after DB1 online with Kenjustu. thanks for the vid!

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
@Pig Of The Hut

Do you think Kenjutsu Kenshi is okay as he is now?

I mean, Shouldn't DB1 juggle hight be a bit easier? Shouldn't BD4 meterless at least put the opponent into juggle state where Kenshi could run for a combo?

I think he spend way too much meter than he can build in this variation and that is not helping, counting to the fact that connecting d1 after DB1 is incredibly difficult.
what I would give to have those 2 changes.. ._____________.

Nikita

Niksan
what do u think about this:
Kenjutsu
Corner punish:
114~rk d1 1 1 1 1 43~bf3
30%/14 hits without meter (maybe you can insert yet another 1) startup - 10 frames, easy link d1 after rk.

And easy link d1 after rk for midscreen punish:
114~rk d1 ......

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
After training with Marksman Erron Black as another of my backups and seeing all of those meterless mixups leading to late 30s damage, I've reached a point where if they asked me to make Kenjutsu DB1 a reliable jugle on condition of making it -10000 and multiply the punisher damage by 20 if blocked to compensate I wouldn't even hesitate and say yes and limit its use to connected strings and antiairs.

I understand that the devs could think it might be too much because Kenjutsu could connect it from B3 low and F2 OH (so that's why I wouldn't care if they have to compensate by making it punishable by everything) but seeing how some characters have long reaching OHtoLowtoLaunch strings that are safe and cost no meter and can be combined with strings starting on Low to avoid being predictable, I don't think giving Kenjutsu some rope (we're talking about connecting a launcher after a slow OH or a short reaching Low) would break the game or anything like that.

Tolkeen

/wrists
I've been waiting to post this for a couple of reasons, but I feel like I can wait no longer....

I blame 16bit...

jk, but at this point I have still not found a character that feels right to me. The change of f32 to b32 is still infuriating to my hands. To everyone toughing it out, I respect your dedication, but you still have eyes....Don't limit yourself if you're going to compete. Our character may be blind and dumb, you don't have to be.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
@Pig Of The Hut
Can you react to a B32 after a 22, teleport in possessed? Right when I hit the ground I go for a B32 and it seems hard to react to, especially when you can come down with a J3/4 or J2/1.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@Pig Of The Hut
Can you react to a B32 after a 22, teleport in possessed? Right when I hit the ground I go for a B32 and it seems hard to react to, especially when you can come down with a J3/4 or J2/1.
The issue is most people trying to move/poke/jump get hit by b3 . If done right nj2 late grants enough plus frames to get a free b3 check

Alucard

The worst good player ever.
Honestly the only reason I play Kenjutsu is to style on scrubs because he looks bad ass with his sword. Just don't try and make him work as much as his other variation.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I feel he is mid tier at best currently and still struggles because keep in mind w this tech the rich gets richer and the poor gets a little better
Agreed with the rich get richer thing. Offense was already far more powerful than defense/zoning in this game (easy to get in and big reward for getting in relative to some other FGs) and now the offense is low/no risk too.

I'm trying not to overreact but am personally getting emo about the game. Do the option selects make you like the game more/less/no impact?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Agreed with the rich get richer thing. Offense was already far more powerful than defense/zoning in this game (easy to get in and big reward for getting in relative to some other FGs) and now the offense is low/no risk too.

I'm trying not to overreact but am personally getting emo about the game. Do the option selects make you like the game more/less/no impact?
I'm holding off until after Evo to feel certified in any thoughts about the game.
I'm curious about if/any balance changes

Alucard

The worst good player ever.
I'm holding off until after Evo to feel certified in any thoughts about the game.
I'm curious about if/any balance changes
Would be great for people who zone to only use half of their stamina for a break. Also fixing consistencies on armor would be amazing.