What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
I'm still going to main Kenshi too. He's just really fun to place as, whether if I win or lose. I've been doing rather well with him, and like you, my friend swears his top tier because I win a lot with him. All it is, is me knowing my character and the other characters/players weakness/bad habits.

But still going to use Kenshi. Love this character since MKDA.
MKDA <3

Lokheit

Noob
Old days Kenshi is why I'm adamant on using Kenjutsu in the hopes of a buff, because of how much it looks like old timeline Kenshi with the telemoves and proper sword moves.

My first true MK game was Deception (I knew about the franchise and the characters and I think I played others before but not as much) and I liked Kenshi, he even had a background story with my favorite character as they helped each other returning to Earthrealm so that added extra points. Kenshi MKD ending vertically slicing Hotaru to save Sub-Zero looked awesome.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I use kenjutsu and I feel I'm getting to predictable with that b3, df1 & f2, df1... ;_;
Kenjutsu is pretty simple, and thus can be pretty predictable if you are trying to rush down. He's SOOO 50/50 based in this variation, and doesn't get that much damage to boot.

IMO he's better played at mid/sweep range as a whiff punishing, footsie character rather than pure rush down. He can be harder to read, and thus punish, if you aren't putting yourself out there that much.

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
I don't even care (totally do) that Kenjutsu needs meter for the bnbs and has no way to build it, if they just make it so he can combo without a ridiculous 1 frame link after the uppercut, I'd definitely invest serious time into it.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Scalps collected this week

Forever King (esl) and DJT (YOMI)

+2 points for Kenshi

Looking for more this weekend at combo breaker and tonight on esl
Would you say that you are still getting away w stuff / they didn't know the matchup well enough? Or they knew the matchup and played fine but you won because you just played better?

I agree Kenshi sucks - just curious how much he sucks. Is it zero chance against good players that know the matchup or you must work harder than your opponent but winning is possible.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Would you say that you are still getting away w stuff / they didn't know the matchup well enough? Or they knew the matchup and played fine but you won because you just played better?

I agree Kenshi sucks - just curious how much he sucks. Is it zero chance against good players that know the matchup or you must work harder than your opponent but winning is possible.
Must work way way harder and some MUs might be impossible

@Pig Of The Hut
Very nice Kenshi performance this weekend.
I noticed when you were fighting against that Raiden player, he was abusing F12 as a block string in the corner. According to frame data a d1 or d2 should have been able to interrupt that. But when I tried it myself in training mode I could not interrupt it either. Something wrong with the frame data there?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@Pig Of The Hut
Very nice Kenshi performance this weekend.
I noticed when you were fighting against that Raiden player, he was abusing F12 as a block string in the corner. According to frame data a d1 or d2 should have been able to interrupt that. But when I tried it myself in training mode I could not interrupt it either. Something wrong with the frame data there?
Just frame throw and d2 will

D1 cannot

Those are the only options

Won in Runback 3-1

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
I find that scorpion is the bigger problem, since he's so popular everyone uses him; but some are rush down heavy, others prefer that teleport game & then you have you're vortex players... Then comes a guy who's the combination of all tree & you have to hold that block button if you're playing kenjutsu. Don't know about anyone else, but to me kenshi is free to scorpion.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
I find that scorpion is the bigger problem, since he's so popular everyone uses him; but some are rush down heavy, others prefer that teleport game & then you have you're vortex players... Then comes a guy who's the combination of all tree & you have to hold that block button if you're playing kenjutsu. Don't know about anyone else, but to me kenshi is free to scorpion.
Every single scorpion I play online has switched over to inferno, which to me is basically a better more rewarding zoner than kenshi. It's completely nonsensical what he's equipped with. I don't know about you guys but I still can't react to whether it's low or overhead minion. And what the hell are they doing giving him a full screen comboable tracking low hitting special???? Why the hell doesn't Kenshi have that?? He's supposed to be the best zoner not Scorpion! *takes a deep breath* But it's whatever for now until patches maybe change things.

Wrath0594

Every single scorpion I play online has switched over to inferno, which to me is basically a better more rewarding zoner than kenshi. It's completely nonsensical what he's equipped with. I don't know about you guys but I still can't react to whether it's low or overhead minion. And what the hell are they doing giving him a full screen comboable tracking low hitting special???? Why the hell doesn't Kenshi have that?? He's supposed to be the best zoner not Scorpion! *takes a deep breath* But it's whatever for now until patches maybe change things.
You basically want to fuzzygaurd the minion. The low comes out a lot faster than the overhead so just block low and immedietely getup while watching Scorpion's hands.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Umm.. Kombat Klassic featuring Kenshi stole everything from my threads for Ken jutsu, including how to land it d1 consistently after db1.

Wrath0594

Umm.. Kombat Klassic featuring Kenshi stole everything from my threads for Ken jutsu, including how to land it d1 consistently after db1.
What's this now?!

Edit: saw the vid. Helpful, but I think I'll just wait for a d1 buff or quicker db1 recovery.
X'(