What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@Pig Of The Hut
Hey watched you're matches against ForeverKing. Amazing matches. I was wondering what do you think of using Kenjutsu to get out of the corner by ending combos in bf3 in that match up?
Thanks man I'll post the videos tonight or tomorrow

I definitely think balanced is best and Kenjutsu is asking for trouble because his Bf3 is hella minus and is punishable by Kung Jin fly kick

Now he's in your face on a knockdown and does hella 50/50 all day

I learned a lot about how to play with kenshi from watching your MU against Jaqui. Thanks @Pig Of The Hut !

I went from possessed, to kejnitsu but I'm deciding to main balanced.

Can you please explain for this newbie what a frame trap is?

Pig Of The Hut

I learned a lot about how to play with kenshi from watching your MU against Jaqui. Thanks @Pig Of The Hut !

I went from possessed, to kejnitsu but I'm deciding to main balanced.

Can you please explain for this newbie what a frame trap is?
A general explanation would be in balance you can do jump in punh 1 or 2 on block into b2 which is zero on block or after the jump in punch do 421 after they block the string you're neutral on block meaning zero they will try to poke you w d1 or standing 1 but at the very first frame you end your 421 or b2 string immediately do ex rk which is an armored launcher and will hit them if they try to poke you back or attack you when are done doing your attack/strings where both of you are left at neutral/zero on block . This can be done with strings ending in 0 on block or up to -4 on block

when ex rk hits do run f32 tele flurry 29% and every 9-10 hits on block = 1 bar of meter to setup one up

@Pig Of The Hut I get that in English version Tele Flurry is the ex version? So that 11 hit kombo for balanced is 40%? If yes then there is a whole lot easier 39% one.

Ji2, b1, ex rk, b1, ex tele flurry. 39%

If you don't ex rk and do standard rk it goes to 35% for one bar.

Last edited:
I hate how inconsistent this character is. People can be running/dashing towards you and if you read+attempt punish with flurry it whiffs behind them when they're not blocking and standing on the ground

people can be blocking and i'm trying to max range spirit charge them with possessed, and the pole of the possessed minion goes directly through the center of the person you're trying to hit and the move whiffs

People are trying to oki you and you try to get up with EX rk, yet it goes backwards behind you or goes behind their back, in both situations missing the person pressuring you and putting you into a full combo again minus a full bar

can possessed pls trade DF4 for Kung Jin's overhead whatever the fuck it is that lets you d1/throw mixup after it ON BLOCK pls, we need it, kung jin does not

bono pls

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
@Pig Of The Hut I get that in English version Tele Flurry is the ex version? So that 11 hit kombo for balanced is 40%? If yes then there is a whole lot easier 39% one, also unbreakable.

Ji2, b1, ex rk, b1, ex tele flurry. 39%

If you don't ex rk and do standard rk it goes to 35% for one bar.
This is not unbreakable.

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
something to point out, as i hear alot of people complain that they're ending combos with tele flurry and the 3rd hit wont connect:

on EX, spirit charge and tele flurry will re-stand the opponent on first hit (3rd for tf) and finish the special with the guaranteed final hit.
Seeing as these are unbreakable specials, we may even be able to incorporate these at the end of some combos for that little bit of extra guaranteed damage

still working on it but i thought i would throw it out there for all of you combo guru's :)

Just a lil crossup I found in the lab, pretty nasty overhead.
Too bad the game's not back to block

the idea behind this though is pretty universal, and extremely fucked up because you can't delay your wakeup attack if you choose to do one. If somebody does a crossup on your get up, you must hold that no matter who you are. If you have the opportunity to return to standing and input an armored special, the person jumping fucked up, rather than the guy getting up doing something right... Kenshi has no answer to this and must hold all post-knockdown pressure if you get crossed up :(

Pig Of The Hut

I wanna mess w Kenjutsu and possessed more this week to see if any are salvageable

I have some Kenjutsu ideas but need to experiment w it

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I wanna mess w Kenjutsu and possessed more this week to see if any are salvageable

I have some Kenjutsu ideas but need to experiment w it
I'll join you in that, I'm really trying to find solid meterless damage but it looks like 4,4 is the best option for that. :/

DarksydeDash

Nothing much. 44, 1, F32 into either BF3 or D4. I like to end with DB4 because it placed you in perfect range of F2 and D4.
As you can also guess you can spend a bar after F32 to get up to 33%

I'm seeing how much I can get in the corner.

Pig Of The Hut

Nothing much. 44, 1, F32 into either BF3 or D4. I like to end with DB4 because it placed you in perfect range of F2 and D4.
As you can also guess you can spend a bar after F32 to get up to 33%

I'm seeing how much I can get in the corner.
I'm at work right now but can u tell me what f2 hit stun is?

Also f2 to bf2 chip is?

Does db4 put u perfect range for 311 and 31 df1 ?

DarksydeDash

By hit stun are you referring to hit advange? F2 is -1.

BF2 chip is 1.88%
MB'd does 2.25%

F2 chip is 1.75%

DB4 puts at range for 3 of 311 to whiff. However, the rest of the string connects including 31xxDF1

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I hate how inconsistent this character is. People can be running/dashing towards you and if you read+attempt punish with flurry it whiffs behind them when they're not blocking and standing on the ground

people can be blocking and i'm trying to max range spirit charge them with possessed, and the pole of the possessed minion goes directly through the center of the person you're trying to hit and the move whiffs

People are trying to oki you and you try to get up with EX rk, yet it goes backwards behind you or goes behind their back, in both situations missing the person pressuring you and putting you into a full combo again minus a full bar

can possessed pls trade DF4 for Kung Jin's overhead whatever the fuck it is that lets you d1/throw mixup after it ON BLOCK pls, we need it, kung jin does not

bono pls
#blamebono

Pig Of The Hut

By hit stun are you referring to hit advange? F2 is -1.

BF2 chip is 1.88%
MB'd does 2.25%

F2 chip is 1.75%

DB4 puts at range for 3 of 311 to whiff. However, the rest of the string connects including 31xxDF1
ok so im wondering if you can end every combo w db4 into f2 bf2 max range for chip pressure and added 4% dmg to combo

Also im wondering if after db4 on hit you can hit 311 early so 3 comes out then either 11 or 1 df1 comes out for an oki mix up

Also thinking doing 31 push early on oki into ex df1/ex bf2 as a trap

@DarksydeDash Im sitting here pondering kenjutsu uses for quan and kung jin, wish i knew what skull was on block and kung arrow

DarksydeDash

ok so im wondering if you can end every combo w db4 into f2 bf2 max range for chip pressure and added 4% dmg to combo

Also im wondering if after db4 on hit you can hit 311 early so 3 comes out then either 11 or 1 df1 comes out for an oki mix up

@DarksydeDash Im sitting here pondering kenjutsu uses for quan and kung jin, wish i knew what skull was on block and kung arrow
Say no more.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Not just kenjutsu uses a lot of meter for little damage. It's so hard to do and sometimes when you mess it up you eat a bar on accident lol

DarksydeDash

Quan's skull (grounded) on block is -20
MB'd is +16

Air version is -42 and when MB'd it's -23

Jin's straight arrow on block -12 and is +7 when MB'd

His air straight arrow (has to be instant aired is) -25 and when MB'd it is -6

Up arrow on block (has to be point blank for this to be blocked) is -4 and when MB'd it is +15

His midscreen downward aimed arrow is the same as his straight air arrow.

His closer range downward air arrow is -16 and when MB'd is +3

His low shot while grounded is -16th and can't be MB'd.

Something I found worth noting in Ken jutsu (at least for me) is 11xxDB1, D1 is wwaayyy easier to connect, making it a reliable punish. Especially when you can get the B32 off it as well.

Pig Of The Hut

Quan's skull (grounded) on block is -20
MB'd is +16

Air version is -42 and when MB'd it's -23

Jin's straight arrow on block -12 and is +7 when MB'd

His air straight arrow (has to be instant aired is) -25 and when MB'd it is -6

Up arrow on block (has to be point blank for this to be blocked) is -4 and when MB'd it is +15

His midscreen downward aimed arrow is the same as his straight air arrow.

His closer range downward air arrow is -16 and when MB'd is +3

His low shot while grounded is -16th and can't be MB'd.

Something I found worth noting in Ken jutsu (at least for me) is 11xxDB1, D1 is wwaayyy easier to connect, making it a reliable punish. Especially when you can get the B32 off it as well.
awesome man thank you for this, helps me theory fight in my head while at work thirsting for the game lol

So 11 db1 because it pops them up higher? How about 114 db1

Are you saying 11 db1 into b32 db4 works?

It seems we can maye punish skull w bf3, ill have to see what range that is possible

Quan is gonna be a tough mu

DarksydeDash

HOLD THE PRESSES!

Just found out after 11DB1 you can get a 43 after D1 into whatever Ender for 27-28% meterless. :D