What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
awesome man thank you for this, helps me theory fight in my head while at work thirsting for the game lol

So 11 db1 because it pops them up higher? How about 114 db1

Are you saying 11 db1 into b32 db4 works?

It seems we can maye punish skull w bf3, ill have to see what range that is possible

Quan is gonna be a tough mu
Agreed, Quantity seems to have lots of ways to pressure with 50/50s which are even more dangerous in Summoner. I'm willing to bet trades won't be in our favor and reflect will be made useless because his ruins and Puggles completely counter it.

As for 114 it is easier than 11Db1 but.. you don't get the B32 because you are out of range. Honestly I say go with 11Db1 D1 because I found out you can easily connect a 43 for nice meterless damage.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Agreed, Quantity seems to have lots of ways to pressure with 50/50s which are even more dangerous in Summoner. I'm willing to bet trades won't be in our favor and reflect will be made useless because his ruins and Puggles completely counter it.

As for 114 it is easier than 11Db1 but.. you don't get the B32 because you are out of range. Honestly I say go with 11Db1 Do because I found out you can easily connect a 43 for nice meterless damage.
Ooooooo Nice

so i take it 11 rk 43 bf3?

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Were you guys talking about possessed earlier with those posts?

Also, what are the main downfalls of kenjutsu? Just risky mixups and meter reliant?

BNBs

Balanced
Ji2 b1 rk run xx f32 ex rk tele flurry 40% 11hits

Ji2 b1 rk run xx 421 ex rk tele flurry 37% 12 hits

B32 run xx 421 tele flurry 28%

441 rk run xx f32 ex rk tele flurry 32%

441 rk run xx 1 run xx 44 sc 23%

441 rk run xx 4 ex rk tele flurry 27% last hit whiffs (OKi??)

441 run f32 ex rk *maybe tele flurry here* currently 29%

Ji2 f32 rk NJ2 f32 ex rk re stands 41% into standing reset both at 0
Do you know if it's possible to run cancel in this scenario: B32 ex rk (supposed run here) into F32 tele ? I can't do it for the life of me. Generally running after ex rk is like impossible :( Did you perhaps do it/try it out ?

So, a couple of things for Kenjutsu:

I found that F2 xx bdf 1+2+3 is not an option select. It's just whether or not you input the cancel before F2 hits or after it hits. DF 1+2+3 doesn't do anything if you input it before F2 hits but BF 1+2+3 gives you BF2.

Secondly, I think 11 xx RK, D1, B32 works on every character. So why not do that rather than 43? You get midscreen >35% damage with one bar.

I went through every character in the game to see who could punish full screen Tele-Flurry. These were the characters I found who could:

Full combo punish with meter:
Quan Chi: Rune, EX Trance
Scorpion: Teleport

Knockdown with meter:
Johnny Cage: EX Shadow Kick
Goro: EX Quake (Kuatan Warrior)
Reptile: EX Slide

Knockdown/pressure for no meter:
Mileena: Tele-Kick
Raiden: Electric Fly

Counter zoning:
Jacqui: Hand Cannon (Full Auto)
Shinnok: Summoned Fiend (Necromancer), Devil's Flick (Necromancer)
Kenshi: Tele-flurry (Balanced) (lol), Demon Assault (Possessed)

Quan Chi and Scorpion are the really bad ones obv. They can also punish without meter too, they just don't get a combo. So basically don't ever do that move in those matchups. The zoning characters don't really seem that bad since they're all in the same boat; if they try a projectile and Kenshi blocks it (or ducks in Jacqui's case) he can punish with Tele-Flurry.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
I went through every character in the game to see who could punish full screen Tele-Flurry. These were the characters I found who could:

Knockdown with meter:

Counter zoning:

Quan Chi and Scorpion are the really bad ones obv. They can also punish without meter too, they just don't get a combo. So basically don't ever do that move in those matchups. The zoning characters don't really seem that bad since they're all in the same boat; if they try a projectile and Kenshi blocks it (or ducks in Jacqui's case) he can punish with Tele-Flurry.
Ermac's teleport can't punish? Neither can Sub's slide? That is very interesting to me :)

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I did find out that after a MB'd DF1 you can run cancel into a B32. Seems to be more consistent than B1 ATM but I'll keep trying.
range dependent. if on the 2nd hit of MB df1 kenshi is beside the enemy than it will hit. but if you're footsie'ing or mb df1 at full range and as a punish. b1 or run b32 won't hit. bf3 would be the safest bet.

example would be armoring throught takeda OH OH > low dagger at max range.
Were you guys talking about possessed earlier with those posts?

Also, what are the main downfalls of kenjutsu? Just risky mixups and meter reliant?
yeap.

421 db1 d(*plink 12) bf > my go to meterless for kenjutsu, if you miss the d1, d2 will come out and if the d1 hits the bf register 2 and do the special move.
421 also gives decent space for you to d4 if blocked and d4 has a fast enough recovery to d2 incase they jump in... unless they kung jin.. gg no re

Fire-of-Cold

XLive EU? Add me! :]
Hello guys! Which variation is strongest? I use balanced, my bro uses Kenjutsu, but i beat him everyday cause of zonning lol

Ermac's teleport can't punish? Neither can Sub's slide? That is very interesting to me :)
I tested every special move in the game in every variation. Ermac's teleport isn't fast enough. Sub Zero's slide doesn't go far enough. However if Sub's in range to slide he can punish it. I only tested things from full screen (even that took an obnoxiously long time). These I didn't test, but some other things that I bet punish from 3/4th screen or so are probably things like Reptile slide, Liu Kang/Kung Jin flying kick, aaaaaaand idk that's all that comes to mind off the top of my head.

Pig Of The Hut

I tested every special move in the game in every variation. Ermac's teleport isn't fast enough. Sub Zero's slide doesn't go far enough. However if Sub's in range to slide he can punish it. I only tested things from full screen (even that took an obnoxiously long time). These I didn't test, but some other things that I bet punish from 3/4th screen or so are probably things like Reptile slide, Liu Kang/Kung Jin flying kick, aaaaaaand idk that's all that comes to mind off the top of my head.
3/4 screen I feel the list is massive

3/4 screen I feel the list is massive
Eh I don't think it would be that many. Things that might be fast enough but didn't reach from full screen (now I'm actually looking at the roster so I can make a complete list) would be like Sub Slide, Reptile non-EX slide, Liu Kang flying kick, Kung Jin flying kick, Jacqui bf1 (idk what that move's called), Kano ball, Quan Chi non-EX Trance, and that one move Shinnok has in Bone Shaper where he hits your toes or whatever. That's a pretty short list so I can check that later tonight.

Pig Of The Hut

Eh I don't think it would be that many. Things that might be fast enough but didn't reach from full screen (now I'm actually looking at the roster so I can make a complete list) would be like Sub Slide, Reptile non-EX slide, Liu Kang flying kick, Kung Jin flying kick, Jacqui bf1 (idk what that move's called), Kano ball, Quan Chi non-EX Trance, and that one move Shinnok has in Bone Shaper where he hits your toes or whatever. That's a pretty short list so I can check that later tonight.
Those alone are pretty big game changers and seeing how kitana can punish every string into sc ex sc rk and ex rk makes me sick

Knockdown with meter:

Counter zoning:

what about Takeda's teleport? there were times that it would punish me and times that it would not. not sure if online lag had anything to do with it either hitting or missing. Also, thanks for this quick list... helps me plan accordingly against these characters.