What's new

Patch Changes (Sheeva)

Evrain

Noob
I'm looking forward to using Sheeva more now the patch is coming. Sheeva has always been the underdog so now hopefully she can compete on a better level.

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
Can mileena roll under her mid fireball now?

What about moves that lower an opponents hit box like d+4.

And sheeva's loses armor on her ex stomp as she is falling? so NJP, and certain anti airs can still hit her.
Wait I thought it was reported that she has armor on the way down too?

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Sadly, still on PS3 and waiting, but I believe the Mileena teleport hits because the armor ends after Sheeva hits the ground, and the teleport is hitting her after she hit the ground before she recovers. That's the only logical explanation I can think of.

-__-

I don't like the sound of that. EX Telestomp is supposed to have Armor through the duration of the move (probably has 1 hit Armor, but SUPER ARMOR would be nice ;] ). How is it now BoysX3 post Hotfix Patch?

D_Matt_Ma

Man, liking the patch... a little. The fireball buff is nice, although it's not gamebreaking. The faster air throw IS a big deal. B2>1+2 always leads to air throw.

davidovitch

In Europe!
After downloading the patch in Europe (and restarting the playstation to check for a hotfix) I do not yet have any armor on the enhanced stomp. Both on the way up and on the way down I can get hit out of it. Is the hotfix still to come for Europe or is this actually a mistake in the patch notes?

D_Matt_Ma

There is armor on the way up. This has been confirmed by multiple people. They can't give armor through hotfixes. So I would check to see if your patch installed/downloaded again.

davidovitch

In Europe!
There is armor on the way up. This has been confirmed by multiple people. They can't give armor through hotfixes. So I would check to see if your patch installed/downloaded again.
OK I tested it again. There is indeed armor on the way up, but only after Sheeva has left the ground! So during the startup of the enhanced stomp you are just as vulnerable as during the regular version. I assume this makes it pretty useless as a wakeup attack.. And there is no armor on the way down. Not much of a buff for this move if you ask me..

davidovitch

In Europe!
It's probably one of the best ways to escape the corner in the game now.
But you can still get hit during the startup, before Sheeva leaves the ground. Or perhaps the extra frames of invulnerability when you use the attack as a wakeup will help with that?

I guess I'll get a better feel for it after a few hours of gameplay, but my first impression is that the armor won't help that much. I would have rather had the armor on the startup and not while airborne than the other way around.

Armor on the way down would have been overkill, btw (which is what I was expecting based on the patch notes).

D_Matt_Ma

When used as a wake-up attack, Sheeva gains invulnerability until she leaves the ground. The armor now ensures she is safe after she leaves the ground.

I seem to be the only one who felt armor on the way down was NOT overkill as every character can still avoid it.