What's new

Patch Changes (Sheeva)

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
so a medium attack means you just cant duck under it, it will still hit you when your blocking low but you will block it. and overhead actually means you cannot block it low at all. thats what i thought but i wasnt for sure
Yeah, but MK is silly and labels overheads as mids just to confuse you. :D

I think her AA grab might be really good now!

Midscreen:

B21+2 AA Grab = 30% untechable knockdown, making this a very good buff for Sheeva. Can be done on Mileena too. ♡

B121+2 AA Grab = 27% I've only tested this on Sheeva, Mileena, and Kabal. Could only be done on Sheeva, playing around with it later.

In the corner:

212F1 AA Grab (It whiffs) D1 212F1 BF3 = 36% Hard to do, not worth it.

I'll play around a bit more later. What I really want to see is if she can cancel a string like 212/212F1/4/3/1B2/12B1+2/D4 into AA grab and get frame advantage, kind of like Sindel's Levitate?

From what I can tell, the answer is no.

I'm playing ladder, and I'm 99% sure I just beat Smokes en shake with a B21+2 DF1.

Yup. It beats all parries. ♡

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
.I'm playing ladder, and I'm 99% sure I just beat Smokes en shake with a B21+2 DF1.

Yup. It beats all parries. ♡
DUMB AS SHIT!!
Oh also, I hate to rain on our parades, but i still don't understand the EX Telestomp armor thing. did she really need it? im only gonna say yes because other than EX grab, she has NO WAKEUP. so they felt the need to give her SOMETHING her opponents HAD TO RESPECT. well anyways, im glad for the buffs. shes looking better and better, and its nice were getting rewarded for sticking with her and screaming our asses off for buffs to make her more tournament friendly. i wish she was better designed so it didnt come to this but MK9 is all about new beginnings so theres that.

jyoung

Noob
So can anyone confirm that Sheeva's uppercut is actually faster now?

It looked and felt that way to me when I was playing last night, but I didn't see anything in the patch notes, so it could just be placebo effect.

Yes sir. I also think db3 gained a bit of range.
OMG OMG OMG...I think I just came!!!

Edit: It seem Sheeva was already able to f+2 x Special Move before...I never knew that lmfao. :p

Guys I think our character is no longer ass tier. In fact, she might be pushing A tier. Our character has the following:

- Jab punisher launcher/pop up

- mixups

- launcher off a unblockable throw (low throw)

- rush down (dash cancelable low pokes, and those said pokes/meaties into blocked grab and punch...which gives advantage)

- guaranteed corner damage off untechable knockdowns towards the corner (because EX telestomp has armor the entire durration of the move...only counter is if your timing and directing is ass)

- guaranteed low throw off of certain blocked lows/mid overheads

- mixup off fireballs (opponents now have to pay special attention to sheeva's meter when she throws fireball or they're gonna eat 16% if they are crouch blocking)

- UNDUCKABLE FIREBALL (roflmfao =] )

- guaranteed throw attempt after telestomp (opponents either have to EX move out, fastest teleport out, XRAY, or duck and risk the low throw)

- NOW HAS decent anti air special that lead into untechable knock down (because anti air throw is much faster)

- And finally, a wake up/get out of the corner card to be respected with Meter (ex grab and punch and ex teleport respectively)

So Sheeva now has all the tools she needs to be decent. And its up to us to use them to the fullest and showcase the true power of our character. ^_^

Hopefully with this we can bring more players to the Shokan army and CRUSH the competition with an iorn first. =D

...one day lol.

jyoung

Noob
The best I've done at a tournament so far was going 2 wins/2 losses in 4 matches at the Nashville, TN Game Galaxy tournament a few weeks back.

I managed to beat a Scorpion player and Jade player. Raiden still owns me, though. We have quite a few Raiden players there and I can't get past them. Such a bad matchup for Sheeva.

Raiden vs. Sheeva is actually 6/4 raiden imo

Raiden cannot teleport on sheeva from mid screen to fullscreen, because of ground stomp knocks him out of hit.

And up close when raiden teleports d+1 and then immediately go for, 2in1, either grab and punch or low throw mix up or fireball considering the situation and how close u are to the corner.

you're also gonna have to get used to Nj.p'ing teleport crossover attempts. keep the raiden player honest by letting him know you aren't going to just let him cross u up. also, u can dash forward out of it...but timing is critical.

if u block electric fly full combo punish with the following:

midscreen -

b+2,1+2 x fireball

1 > dash > 2,1,2 x grab and punch

4 x grab and punch

corner -

b+1,2,1+2 x grab and punch

1 > dash > 2,1,2,f+1 x grab and punch

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yo Digi, give me some advice man...I started picking her up the last couple days as I never touched her before. I am primarily using her 212 string and 1,2 b1 (for punishes) the problem is, it is so hard to get the 212 to hit on anyone...even when they are crouch blocking. How do you reliably get in to get a couple strings off so you can get to some 50 50s?

I am pretty sure I am playing her wrong, but yea, let me know lol.

Dash Cancel d+3 bro.

It's your friend with Sheeva. And your most reliable tool to get in, put on the pressure and set up 50/50's all at the same time. and so u CAN get it to 2,1,2.

and for the record:

if they crouch block 2,1,2 (2nd/3rd hit) or f+3 = FREE low throw

d+1 and d+3 = low throw attempts

get opponents to WANT to block low with the following:

d+1
d+3
f+3
f+3,b+1
b+2

Scratch that. For some reason it just started working. I wasn't doing anything differently. No idea what the problem was. Thanks for trying to help. :/

cyke_out

Noob
Can mileena roll under her mid fireball now?

What about moves that lower an opponents hit box like d+4.

And sheeva's loses armor on her ex stomp as she is falling? so NJP, and certain anti airs can still hit her.