What's new

Combo List - Kotal Kahn [Outdated] The Kotal Kahnbo Thread

So...I'm loving the fact that my absolute favorite character has been effectively buffed to top tier status in all variations.

Does anyone think it might be too much. He hit plenty hard before...but now? Jeez.

alexbib

Noob
So...I'm loving the fact that my absolute favorite character has been effectively buffed to top tier status in all variations.

Does anyone think it might be too much. He hit plenty hard before...but now? Jeez.
I wouldn't think so. a few extra points of damage here and there and a few buffed recoveries won't suddenly make BG and SG too much, and WG hasn't changed at all.

I wouldn't think so. a few extra points of damage here and there and a few buffed recoveries won't suddenly make BG and SG too much, and WG hasn't changed at all.
Yeah but those extra points add up to HUGE damage.

I'm not whining. Hell as long as Kung Jin and Raiden can do their thing, I don't feel bad. I just can't believe how much damage Kotal Kahn can do now. It's nice maining a character who gets buffed into a monster. ;)

alexbib

Noob
Another thing: there's now a way to get out a totem from f2:
f2,njp,f1b2db1,d4EXdf1,f2,d2 = 44% for 1 bar

In the corner you can easily do f2,f2,f1b2db1,d1EXdf1,f2,d2 = 47%
It works midscreen too, but it's difficult and sometimes the input directions for the totem must be reversed because the enemy crosses over temporarily.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted,but I didn't see it in the OP and I'm not about to sift through eleven pages of posts.
(War God for the sake of this post)
F2-F2-JB1-F2-F1B2~DF2 35% (36% with B122~DB1 ender )

Makes doing mid-screen combos off of F2 WAY easier. Note the second F2 has to be done immediately after the first so you're right under them when you launch them. Does not work when hitting F2 on a crouching opponent. Works on all body types.

mattnin

Noob
Where did u see that shit? I know you can f2-f2-d2-rc-f1b2-df1 etc..
Ok, I'm still not getting the d2-RC-f1b2. It seems like the time Kotal starts running after d2, the opponent is already hitting the ground. Is there a trick to landing this?

Hated Greatness

Super Villain
So I am trying to learn Blood God Kotal before learning War God as suggested by someone on the General Kotal Thread. I am struggling with the F1-B2 xx DB1- D1 xx (EX)DF1-F1-B2 combo, mainly the db1-d1xx(ex)df1 part. I can get it to work midscreen any advice?

mkl

Poopbutt.
So I am trying to learn Blood God Kotal before learning War God as suggested by someone on the General Kotal Thread. I am struggling with the F1-B2 xx DB1- D1 xx (EX)DF1-F1-B2 combo, mainly the db1-d1xx(ex)df1 part. I can get it to work midscreen any advice?
Just do f1b2~db1 f1b2 EXdf1 f2 d2. It's really easy now.

SEV

Noob
I assume this is known but they aren't listed in the OP, and I saw Mr Aquaman land a F1B2 in BG and he didn't use it so just in case: they're totem combos that give a totem mid combo and allows for another totem or God Ray afterward:

F1B2xx(Blood or Crystal Totem) 1 F2 Grab (28% or 23% w/ 4% heal and opponent gains no meter)

F1B2xx(Blood or Crystal Totem) 1 F2 B14 exDF1 Grab (41% or 33% w/ 6% heal and opponent gains no meter)

And how about Blood God having up to 200% health now.

I assume this is known but they aren't listed in the OP, and I saw Mr Aquaman land a F1B2 in BG and he didn't use it so just in case: they're totem combos that give a totem mid combo and allows for another totem or God Ray afterward:

F1B2xx(Blood or Crystal Totem) 1 F2 Grab (28% or 23% w/ 4% heal and opponent gains no meter)

F1B2xx(Blood or Crystal Totem) 1 F2 B14 exDF1 Grab (41% or 33% w/ 6% heal and opponent gains no meter)

And how about Blood God having up to 200% health now.
I can barely do a f1 after 1 or d1 wth u do f2?

easy blood god combo midscreen:
F1b2 crystal totem , b14 EX AA Grab , f2, d2 44% - the second hit of b14 whiffs sometimes, i recommend b12 instead for 2% less damage without droping it

SEV

Noob
easy blood god combo midscreen:
F1b2 crystal totem , b14 EX AA Grab , f2, d2 44% - the second hit of b14 whiffs sometimes, i recommend b12 instead for 2% less damage without droping it
You can still get 44% doing the combo I posted by doing b14 DF1 as the ender but you don't get the free totem on knockdown.

The point of the combo is that the totem comes and goes mid combo so you're either guaranteed the extra health regen/damage into obsidian totem and if you're not ending with grab your totem is still going to be up when your combo ends, but it looks like you can end that one with grab. You're just switching the order of the other combo around.

Meterless though I think you'd have to do the one I posted, even on that one the totem is up for a brief moment as you end the combo, but assuming you don't get hit by a full screen Slippery Slide from Reptile it's all but guaranteed, though the obsidian totem afterward isn't, so just Sunstone into Obsidian or get up a God Ray.

Last edited:
PC player here, late to the patchchanges party!

Kotal Kahn can dish out quite alot of damage now.
This can be quite a valid punish (tho its crazy that 114 xx DF1 ex, F2, 21xx Sun choke (level 3) does 44%.

I wonder if anybody can try this combo in the corner for me since i can't record and do combos anymore, the game lags way too much.

F34 xx Ex DF3 , F1B2xx ex DF3, B14xx ex DF1, i think you have to runcancel here for the B14 into Sun choke.

It should do.. 60-70% atleast.

Anyhow Sun God has quite alot of damage output!

EDIT!:

And i dabbled with Blood God a bit. Now you can do F1B2xxDB1, 21 etc instead of the D1.

Last edited:

SEV

Noob
Damage is fine now I think, I just wish the base damage started higher: 12/15/19%, but I'm content as is.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Well in the corner with Sun God you can do F2 F2 F2 F2 d1 114 xx DB2 (lvl 3) for 43% meterless lol.

4 F2s = 100% swag.

SEV

Noob
Dude....

Honestly, if they make the damage levels too close then it'd be too easy to give up L3 for scorches.
I agree, I just wish that it's lowest damage was still equivalent to a regular throw, even though I understand why it's lower than a regular throw: to deter people from using it unless they feel that they absolutely need the health/meter and is worth the damage loss, but I never want to cash in because I feel like I'd always rather have the damage to stay in the fight or to close it out. Only time I can see it being worth it is if you win round one and you want the meter to play for round three.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I guess I found the highest damage combo with one bar (Sun God)?

In the corner F2, F2, F2, F2, d1, 114 xx EX AA grab, F1B2 xx Lvl 3 Grab does 49%. On steroids it does 61%.

However it throws them out of the corner.