What's new

Option Select Tech (Poking, Normals, Specials Input While Holding Block) - Seems Legit...

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
hell yeah this is how fighting games should work. it shouldn't be impossible to frame perfect punish
It destroys some pressure mindgames for free, so I disagree. I'd rather have less of those frame-perfect punishes being required if anything.

Edit: okay, I'm actally fine with some buffering, but only if you let off the block so you have to actually read when opponent does his reverse mixups instead of just mashing poke and always winning that game.

Last edited:

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
maybe im missing something since i didn't play mk
It destroys some pressure mindgames for free, so I disagree. I'd rather have less of those frame-perfect punishes being required if anything.

Edit: okay, I'm actally fine with some buffering, but only if you let off the block so you have to actually read when opponent does his reverse mixups instead of just mashing poke and always winning that game.
yeah but this doens't open them up to counter hit setups? in the video with d'vorah in the first post she wasn't losing out all the time. i think it would be lot better if counter hit properties existed in the game tho

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
It's funny that major MKX tech like this gets posted, it doesn't get front paged and Maximilian's video of dubbed over pre-fight introductions does. Illuminati confirmed.

@CrimsonShadow ultra fail

Last edited:

RiBBz22

Gotta achieve your Hollywood status first.
Just because you use Hollywood variation doesn't mean you're Hollywood as well.
Actually yes it does and I have been Hollywood my whole life. Just ask me where I was born. Southern California. Where in Southern California you ask? About 40 minutes from Hollywood. First time I saw the Hollywood sign in person you ask?????????? When I was 25 or 26 years old....

WAIT A MINUTE, RIBBZ WAS 40 MINUTES FROM HOLLYWOOD AND DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT THE HOLLYWOOD SIGN UNTIL HE WAS 25 OR 26...WHY???

Too Hollywood.

Hollywood confirmed.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Actually yes it does and I have been Hollywood my whole life. Just ask me where I was born. Southern California. Where in Southern California you ask? About 40 minutes from Hollywood. First time I saw the Hollywood sign in person you ask?????????? When I was 25 or 26 years old....

WAIT A MINUTE, RIBBZ WAS 40 MINUTES FROM HOLLYWOOD AND DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT THE HOLLYWOOD SIGN UNTIL HE WAS 25 OR 26...WHY???

Too Hollywood.

Hollywood confirmed.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
It's funny that major MKX tech like this gets posted, it doesn't get front paged and Maximilian's video of dubbed over pre-fight introductions does. Illuminati confirmed.
Some of that stuff is promised to be fixed, so probaly that's why.

RiBBz22

The 1+2+3 one is the only that is getting taken out according to paulo, at least for the time being.
I heard they are removing the special cancel one as well but not confirmed just some people saying that Paulo mentioned it on stream.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Does this mean that all tactics that involve ending your string early and going for a grab are useless? I.e., you can just mash standing jab while holding block to beat things like the Kano b1 pressure that coach Steve does constantly at next level?

If so it looks like 50/50 characters just got even better relative to those that have to go for grab mixups and stuff (I.e., cybernetic Kano).

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Does this mean that all tactics that involve ending your string early and going for a grab are useless? I.e., you can just mash standing jab while holding block to beat things like the Kano b1 pressure that coach Steve does constantly at next level?

If so it looks like 50/50 characters just got even better relative to those that have to go for grab mixups and stuff (I.e., cybernetic Kano).
Yep.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I know this makes 50-50/Vortex characters better, but does this affect footsie-oriented characters in a positive way?

RiBBz22

Yes it does lol just mash it out on block bro. Just make sure you give me no credit for finding it.