What's new

On this day we celebrate... Happy Birthday, Mr. Ed Boon!

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Best memory is when me and my Grandpop would try to beat Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3 all in the same night back when he had the Sega Genesis I miss that alot! P.s we never made it past MK2 lol

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Happy birthday, Mr. Boon!

Fondest MK memory? Too tough to pick. Earliest? MK2 on the Game Gear, of all places. Can't remember who I picked, but I remember my very first match on the arcade ladder was against Liu Kang, I lost, and promptly got Fatality'd.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Dear Ed,

As mad as I am at you for trolling more than anyone has ever trolled.. I wish you the happiest of birthdays.

I just mailed you a [Blank page]. Hope you enjoy it :D

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
He's essentially the core reason why this website or any other Mortal Kombat/Injustice website exists and it's hard to believe how Mortal Kombat has brought us together through the years. Whether you're an O.G. (original gamer) from the arcade days or the new kid on the block with Mortal Kombat 9... Mr. Boon is the reason we have the discussions we have. His ideas formed a game that we all have memories from from when we were kids and today is Ed Boon's birthday!

That means we all have to throw him some love on twitter or simply post a comment below and maybe he'll see it?

In your comments, list your earliest and fondest memories about Mortal Kombat!

[Mine] When I was little I remember wanting a Gameboy and Mortal Kombat for X-mas one year and when I got it... it was all I played. Seeing the characters in black & white and always trying for that Scorpion Fatality!

What's yours and wish Ed a Happy Birthday!
Boon since MK1 i been a fan. I can't forget the day my young ass @ the time saw MK2 @ Green Acres mall in long Island. Happy Bday for all the enjoyment and trolling (Yeah i said it trolling) you have brought to our community. So how about saying how i Do a friendship /babality in MK2 while using Punch???? I think its time you say it already :)

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Happy Birthday, Mr.Boon, and thank you and all other people working with you for creating Mortal Kombat series. Special thanks for PS2 3d Mortal Kombats, no matter what others say, for me those are the best MKs till today, I have spent so much time during childhood playing those games with my friends on PS2. Hope one day you will make a 3d MK game again. Happy birthday, noobde !

Fazh

Jax/Stryker
I remembered when i was very little, MK1 came out on NES. I told dad to buy me new games as a gift for getting the top grades in my class. Dad gave me the money and i went buy some games. I could buy 2 games with money i had but MK caught my eyes first time i saw it..HOWEVER.. MK price was higher than the regular games which i only had to buy 1 game..I took a deep breath and thought about it and decided to buy it..i went home fairly sad cuz i had only 1 game..it turned out i fall in love with MK..tbh..it was best decision in my life lol...oh btw i got the 2nd worst grades the next semester gg

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I am still missing something, there's really important info here that hasn't been said. What did who say about the merger and why is Ed Boon involved?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I am still missing something, there's really important info here that hasn't been said. What did who say about the merger and why is Ed Boon involved?
Edit: OK I figured it out. I had totally forgotten. DreemerNJ made that fake Ed Boon account on UMK and I can't remember why. That join date has gotta be 2006