What's new

On this day we celebrate... Happy Birthday, Mr. Ed Boon!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
He's essentially the core reason why this website or any other Mortal Kombat/Injustice website exists and it's hard to believe how Mortal Kombat has brought us together through the years. Whether you're an O.G. (original gamer) from the arcade days or the new kid on the block with Mortal Kombat 9... Mr. Boon is the reason we have the discussions we have. His ideas formed a game that we all have memories from from when we were kids and today is Ed Boon's birthday!

That means we all have to throw him some love on twitter or simply post a comment below and maybe he'll see it?

ed.jpg

In your comments, list your earliest and fondest memories about Mortal Kombat!

[Mine] When I was little I remember wanting a Gameboy and Mortal Kombat for X-mas one year and when I got it... it was all I played. Seeing the characters in black & white and always trying for that Scorpion Fatality!

What's yours and wish Ed a Happy Birthday!

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Man, I remember playing MK3 with my step brothers for the first time. I loved it when they did the stage fatality at the Subway, so when I finally got to play with my baby brothers, we would always do an uppercut at the end of a match to get the stage fatality .

Ah, good times.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
i played umk3 when i was 3 years old and from there it was probably one of the biggest games in my life; played deadly alliance for a big part of my early childhood. MKDA still is my favorite one and sometimes i take it out just to play it to this day. :)

MK for life.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Happy B-Day Ed! With a single twitch of your eyebrow, magic happens. :)

MK was the first game I ever played. Very first input? Start+U,U. Scorpion's original Toasty fatality on the sega genesis. I was always big into mk...well..up until after DA. Here's to reinvigorating the series and to making many more top-notch games in the future.

Happy B day to the guy that made my favorite fighter ever! and I hope there are many more years to come and make a super MK10 soon :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
Oh, my fondest MK memory? So many, but this is something I just remembered....

Walking into The Silver Ball arcade in the French Market here in Columbus (place isn't around anymore) one Saturday afternoon in early 1993 to discover there was a 2nd Mortal Kombat game. I was shocked, as this was WAY before internet relevancy. The game looked SO good. The characters, color & gore were so much more vibrant. it was astounding. Pick character I picked was this alien looking creature I'd never seen before. His name was Baraka. Didn't like him at first because I didn't know any moves, so I went to familiar characters like Sub & Scorp.

I was officially hooked on MK, and went in search of other arcades that had MK2.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Happy B-day Ed Boon! You are the MAN! May you have many, many more!

My earliest, fondest memory would be when I was little and playing MK 1 in the arcades while waiting for a movie showing lol. Still remember playing, seeing and doing fatalities I was like "omg, did he just rip the guys head off" and being like, this game is my destiny not SF or any other fighter lol.

I also remember eating lunch at Rollin & Roaster and they had an MK 2 machine, seeing Raiden's fatality literally grossed me out lol I was like oh man, I just ate and saw his explosive fatality the first time gave me a sour stomach that day haha

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
happy birthday to Mr. Boon, the king of trolls !! the man deserves major respect all the time. :D

Goku

Noob
Happy B-Day Boon, the man who got me started in video games :). My best memory was when I first played MK at 2 years old, in the Arcade down in a campground where my grandparents had a trailer for summertime. At 2 years old, I was rocking the MK1(they had a dedicated machine), and I have loved it ever since!!!! I remember me and my older brother used are hands like a diamond to do TestYourMight, and Sonya was such a bitch in the Arcade version(I still have issues with her today lol). Greatest videogame experience ever, I hope I get to meet Boon in person some day-just to tell him how appreciative I am of the MK series. Have a rocking B-Day Boon :D

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
happy b-day mr boon i remember back in the 90s when i first played UMK3 i was a fan from the get go, keep making good shit for us to play!

Justice

Noob
Today marks the 48th birthday of Mr. Ed Boon. His eyebrows are 50.

My fondest MK moment was back in the arcade days of MK1 and being a celebrity for all of 5 seconds when I was the only guy that knew how to do Scorpion's fatality. :p That lasted until people figured it out from watching my hands :oops:

I remember as a kid watching the older kids playing MK1, then watching the movies, then playing MK2 when I called Kitana, "The lady with the Fans", and I have been hooked ever since. Long Live Mortal Kombat, and Happy Birthday Ed Boon. It was awesome meeting you at EVO this year.