What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang (Old) Liu Kang Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

kaseyk

Noob
Dude... he has a 5 frame standing normal and IAPs... those are about as good AAs as you can possibly get.

Also armor will most likely be a moot point because of invincibility frames on backdash... that being said he also appears to have a 1 frame parry... which is better then armor... his bicycle kick and punch will most likely be armored fyi.
lol i highly doubt his bicycle kick or spin punch will have armor . 1 variation allows bicycle kick to launch for follow up , possible ex flying kick will have armor but i doubt it

fully quoted i mention his 5 frame jab hopefully making up for it .
takeda has a great anti air , as far as we have seen lk has nothing of note as an AA dont get excited about invuln frames on a backdash that shit is nothing to live by useful but not as good as armor ( also huge difference between invincible frames and armor ) as for a parry , joker had a fast parry too ...

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Johnny's looks pretty derpy. I'd say Takeda's is the best visually, but I'm much more interested in putting Lee Kwong's to use.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
lol i highly doubt his bicycle kick or spin punch will have armor . 1 variation allows bicycle kick to launch for follow up , possible ex flying kick will have armor but i doubt it

fully quoted i mention his 5 frame jab hopefully making up for it .
takeda has a great anti air , as far as we have seen lk has nothing of note as an AA dont get excited about invuln frames on a backdash that shit is nothing to live by useful but not as good as armor ( also huge difference between invincible frames and armor ) as for a parry , joker had a fast parry too ...
Congrats. You are the first Liu Kang downplayer.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
It looks like liu doesnt have a low start but does have an overhead and a semi low hit in one of his strings. Overall i believe kangs mix up game will be up there especially with dragon fire style. As well as his flame fist chip ability. It seems the dualist will need some work since the mkx team did not emphasize enough with his move variations in each style. Nor did they do enhance moves. Wish they took some time with the haracter rather than show off and move on. I know he may be boring appearence wise but the potential is limitless.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It looks like liu doesnt have a low start but does have an overhead and a semi low hit in one of his strings. Overall i believe kangs mix up game will be up there especially with dragon fire style. As well as his flame fist chip ability. It seems the dualist will need some work since the mkx team did not emphasize enough with his move variations in each style. Nor did they do enhance moves. Wish they took some time with the haracter rather than show off and move on. I know he may be boring appearence wise but the potential is limitless.
They showed a low a starter in his first variation.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I noticed that in Dark form in Dualist, he gets meter for shooting an orb and activating it. So along with the meter he gets from the opponent blocking the orb, this could be a real meter farming variation. Although Dragon Fire looks like it could farm meter as well.

Doubt they showed all the strings, if not a lot of chars gave Garbo normals

Train

Noob
Hey guys, just wondering is there a list of combo attacks for Liu Kang? I was searching a bit ,but couldn't find any....If anyone has list, please post it. thanks

I think he will have both a low starter and overhead starter. They said he is one of the more combo heavy characters in the game so he'll have it all. I think he's gonna be OP and will be nerfed early. His fireballs come out fast as shit and his rush down looks crazy.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Man people de-rail these character threads so hard for some reason.

Lai Keng will be the only non-grappler I plan on using extensively in this game, along with Jacqui.

Everything that i've ever liked about him(besides the zombie stuff, which i'm sad to not see, revenant isn't good enough) looks to be turned all the way up to 11.

They seem to have went all in with the Bruce Lee mannerisms and body language

He is definitely a man of little fucks given, and he beats ass effortlessly.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on him.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Liu is an absolute monster...this is 100% my Evo character. No gimmicks here... just raw ass beating normals and tools to handle every character on the game.

Let the haters hate folks and lets keep our community small and quite... no need to up or downplay him...

We need a character council.