What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang (Old) Liu Kang Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Liu looks fucking stupid.

I just saw someone playing Dualist Liu Kang and they did a combo INTO switch into light AND STILL COMBOED OFF OF IT.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Liu looks fucking stupid.

I just saw someone playing Dualist Liu Kang and they did a combo INTO switch into light AND STILL COMBOED OFF OF IT.
I saw that too. The single most ridiculous thing I've seen yet. This guy is going to seriously be OP.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It sounds good but these kind of knee-jerk reactions got Scorpion rekt. Not to mention everything is subject to change.
I'm not complaining, I'm just saying the guy looks ridiculous compared to others we've seen so far. Like having everything and lacking in nothing type of ridiculous. Some things will change for sure, like the fact that his 5 frame normal combo starter isn't 5 frames yet. :DOGE

I doubt his ability to do that type of combo will change which will be an incredible pressure option to say the last. If I remember correct it did 36% damage, and then the orb was directly over the opponent on wake up.

I have the unfortunate burden of playing against two beastly Liu's almost daily in a couple of days so I'm more salty than anything. But this dude will Top 5 easy. His tools are just too good.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I think he will have both a low starter and overhead starter. They said he is one of the more combo heavy characters in the game so he'll have it all. I think he's gonna be OP and will be nerfed early. His fireballs come out fast as shit and his rush down looks crazy.
What console will you be playing on dude? Any MK videos coming for MKX?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Eeehhh.. I do love Liu A LOT but I plan on mastering all variations of my three mains so I won't be a part of the LK army this time. :( However, as the game progresses I may finally be able to sit down in the lab with him so tag me in any tech you guys find pl0x. <3

Train

Noob
ok boys.. you can check here Liu Kang second fatality and at the start of the video u can see all his move list (just pause the video)

ruff321

Noob
There was a stream yesterday where the guy showed off every single kombo attacks and specials for LIu Kang. I don't have a vid of it though..