What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs (Old) Jacqui Briggs Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yea I know. That's what I'm saying.

They demonstrated Jacqui using the tech gauntlets to "absorb" the projectile, but why would anyone ever do it when they can use the universal shield that builds more meter and appears more reliable?

High Tech looks like one of the worst variations in the game. Unless there's some amazing hidden tech there's absolutely no reason to use it over the other two.
The move isn't a projectile absorb, it's a short range projectile that gets a ton of damage an extra range with with each level of buff.

She has get's to buff twice for stupid damage, and it makes her air ground pound a lot more dangerous.

IMO It's the best looking command buff variation in the game right now, compared to Liu's, Johnny's, Kitana's, and Kano's based only on the fact that you can double it and it actually changes the properties of multiple moves.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The move isn't a projectile absorb, it's a short range projectile that gets a ton of damage an extra range with with each level of buff.

She has get's to buff twice for stupid damage, and it makes her air ground pound a lot more dangerous.

IMO It's the best looking command buff variation in the game right now, compared to Liu's, Johnny's, Kitana's, and Kano's based only on the fact that you can double it and it actually changes the properties of multiple moves.
I want to believe. I wasn't too fond of what I saw.

I'll reserve judgment until late Fri-Sat after I've ran some of her utility through the lab.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Lol they show the level 2 projectile that shit makes Dan's hadouken look good. It goes nowhere check the vid again, it does solid damage tho.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I want to believe. I wasn't too fond of what I saw.

I'll reserve judgment until late Fri-Sat after I've ran some of her utility through the lab.
It's not a case of believing or telling you want to like, i'm just telling you what it is.

It's a command buff that can be stacked, that improves all other special moves, and is on one of the fastest characters in the game.

I don't know what you were expecting.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Lol they show the level 2 projectile that shit makes Dan's hadouken look good. It goes nowhere check the vid again, it does solid damage tho.
Yeah I wouldn't hold it raw, but I can see some Johnny b2 shenanigans in store for it, and obviously just the instant blast in the corner for combo extension or a good damage ender seeing as how it gets a hefty damage increase with the buffs.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Well yeah once the game's out we'll see if the buffs are worth losing the tools other variations have to offer, plus seeing how you can change variations in training mode you can just record the combo and play it with the buffs to see the difference :D

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Eh, it's not as versatile as Full-Auto, but I'll definitely be using it on character's that don't handle rushdown too well.

I mean, you can freaking buff yourself twice, that's not just standard damage, that's double buffed chip damage as well.

They look pretty good on stream, but we'll have to wait and see.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Full-Auto is versatile, High-Tech is good for serious rushdown, but I can't see any real uses for Shotgun instead of style.

The stun is pretty damn good looking, but I guess it's just another wait and see.

I think shotgun has the mid range tool that both Hightech and Full-Auto are missing. I believe it universally has more damage than the other two (Not counting High-Tech buffs). I actually plan on using all 3 variations since they do not change her very much, but I deff agree with @Pterodactyl that High-Tech is far from useless.

I think shotgun has the mid range tool that both Hightech and Full-Auto are missing. I believe it universally has more damage than the other two (Not counting High-Tech buffs). I actually plan on using all 3 variations since they do not change her very much, but I deff agree with @Pterodactyl that High-Tech is far from useless.
i hope you're right, i don't want Jacqui to suck.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Full-Auto is versatile, High-Tech is good for serious rushdown, but I can't see any real uses for Shotgun instead of style.

The stun is pretty damn good looking, but I guess it's just another wait and see.
High tech is bush.

But nah that's what makes Shotgun have potential, the stun. From mid range either a landed standing shotgun or a stunned low shotgun leaves enough advantage for her to run in for a free 50/50. So any time one of these two things happen that's another 50/50 combo mixup up.

Simply standing at mid range can be dangerous because one straight shot and you're guessing, and she isn't shooting low just to hit you, she can miss for the free mixup. So the opponent would have to stay full screen or outdo her up close game.

If her d3 stays the same she's not gonna suck I promise you that lol.
So if they take away d3, she will suck? That's not good, NRS can take that away in the new patch. NRS is not great with patching. We have to pray that NRS patch don't mess her up, and mess up many other characters.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
So if they take away d3, she will suck? That's not good, NRS can take that away in the new patch. NRS is not great with patching. We have to pray that NRS patch don't mess her up, and mess up many other characters.
Lol no, y'all need to stop overreacting and shit. She has a LOT of promising stuff so far, the d3 is simply one of them. I'm running through the Jacqui breakdown atm to see what else I can find.
We still haven't even seen all her strings and normals so yeah just.. chill.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

No but seriously, calm down, d3 isn't notable because it's her only good move, it's notable because it's stupid amazing.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Lol no, y'all need to stop overreacting and shit. She has a LOT of promising stuff so far, the d3 is simply one of them. I'm running through the Jacqui breakdown atm to see what else I can find.
Call for them buffs early bruh. :coffee:

I'm worried, look what they did to Injustice Scorpion in a patch. He became useless when NRS was done with him.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Holy shit, the game isn't even out yet and people are worried for characters viability. Hell, 6 months down the line you shouldn't even be worrying about character viability while the game's meta is being fully understood. You can officially call Jacqui high or low tier come EVO 2016. Until then, calm the fuck down. And please, if someone says one variation sucks before the game comes out or even a month after the game comes out, keep playing to find out new stuff. No one person's opinion on this message board, either it be scrub or pro should dictate what you should use without fleshing it out yourself.

It's going to be ok guys.

On a different note. It appears she won't have any major combos in Shotgun or High-Tech without the corner. Her Bionic Arm (I think thats what it is, the one with the uppercut) will probably work as a corner launcher, but I cant think of anything else that would extend combos outside of Full-Auto. Then again, there is still some strings unseen.

Awe just like her father, can't combo very well midscreen :)

Holy shit, the game isn't even out yet and people are worried for characters viability. Hell, 6 months down the line you shouldn't even be worrying about character viability while the game's meta is being fully understood. You can officially call Jacqui high or low tier come EVO 2016. Until then, calm the fuck down. And please, if someone says one variation sucks before the game comes out or even a month after the game comes out, keep playing to find out new stuff. No one person's opinion on this message board, either it be scrub or pro should dictate what you should use without fleshing it out yourself.

It's going to be ok guys.
I agree, we should work hard to find needed new technology, but we don't know how NRS is going to handle the patch's. They could put a patch out every month for all we know.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
On a different note. It appears she won't have any major combos in Shotgun or High-Tech without the corner. Her Bionic Arm (I think thats what it is, the one with the uppercut) will probably work as a corner launcher, but I cant think of anything else that would extend combos outside of Full-Auto. Then again, there is still some strings unseen.

Awe just like her father, can't combo very well midscreen :)
If you watched the stream, Derek says twice that once someone master's run combos she is the perfect character.
Her heavy stuff won't be found for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.