What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs (Old) Jacqui Briggs Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just figured out what Scorpion said to Jacqui, it goes
Jacqui: "Scorpion."
Scorpion: "Quan Chi has need of your soul."
Jacqui: "Sorry, I'm using it."

And she said "Say my name bitch!" in the middle of the match #Kreygasm

One thing that's worrying me though...I've seen her fast overhead pop up and I've seen it knock down too, both times from standing. REALLY hope it's not variation specific :(
I heard about this lol, can you post it here?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Jacqui normals:
Input= start-up/Block Advantage/Hit Advantage

s1 = 6, 0, 11
b1 = 15, 0, 13
f1 = 14, 0, 18
d1 = 7, -6, 13
s2 = 12, 0, 20
b2 = 16, -4, 33 (overhead)
f2 = 16, 0, 10
d2 = 11, -7, 26
s3 = 13, -3, 8
b3 = 15, -1, 6 (low)
f3 = 23, -4, 45 can be followed up by an overhead or a low
d3 = 7, 4, 18
s4 = 10, -12, -1
b4 = 16, -9, 22
f4 = 32, 0, 47 covers a TON of screen space and can be followed by an overhead or a low
d4 = 10, -3, 20

She looks really good so far! f3 and f4 have enough + on hit for a 50/50. Rushdown Beast Jacqui \^o^/

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Thank god this isn't injustice.
I'd quit before I subject myself to another round of that lol.

How do think it'll work is that you'll have to land the F3 or F4 before you can go into the 50/50. The start up is just to slow on the OH/Low to throw it out raw like BG/Frost did. The start up on F3 and F4 is hella slow as well. Also, we don't know if it even loops which for some reason I don't think it does.

I think it being done like this balances it out.

Jacqui normals:
Input= start-up/Block Advantage/Hit Advantage

s1 = 6, 0, 11
b1 = 15, 0, 13
f1 = 14, 0, 18
d1 = 7, -6, 13
s2 = 12, 0, 20
b2 = 16, -4, 33 (overhead)
f2 = 16, 0, 10
d2 = 11, -7, 26
s3 = 13, -3, 8
b3 = 15, -1, 6 (low)
f3 = 23, -4, 45 can be followed up by an overhead or a low
d3 = 7, 4, 18
s4 = 10, -12, -1
b4 = 16, -9, 22
f4 = 32, 0, 47 covers a TON of screen space and can be followed by an overhead or a low
d4 = 10, -3, 20

She looks really good so far! f3 and f4 have enough + on hit for a 50/50. Rushdown Beast Jacqui \^o^/
she looks good but we really should wait until we play her before we say something is broke we just don't know until more people play her that knows how to play this game at a high level

So the fact that MB Low Rocket can be held is amazing #LiveBreatheLive

Edit: Oh, btw I am not sure anyone noticed this but when she does the Forces rush: The Shotgun did 10%, Hightech did 13% (Double buffed, I saw in a different video that it did 8% unbuffed) and Full-Auto did 9%.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Jacqui gameplay seems amazing , she is fast and with huge possibilities for some nasty combos

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Honestly the delayed EX low Rocket alone makes Full Auto the best looking variation so far. I wanna know how + it is and assuming if it's still a low if you hold it.
Her having Deathstroke machinegun stuff is just icing on the cake, do we know if it's a mid or high. The say in the stream that the EX ender is overhead but they might've meant mid..

We also saw what tech shield does, absorbing projectiles is gonna be super useful. Maybe the EX bounces them back?

Shotgun seems like the more damage oriented one and more focused on the mid range game. Idk what High Tech is supposed to be useful for, more chip if she does the power ups? use the projectile to keep pressure on (it's +3)?

So the fact that MB Low Rocket can be held is amazing #LiveBreatheLive
Honestly the delayed EX low Rocket alone makes Full Auto the best looking variation so far. I wanna know how + it is and assuming if it's still a low if you hold it.
Her having Deathstroke machinegun stuff is just icing on the cake, do we know if it's a mid or high. The say in the stream that the EX ender is overhead but they might've meant mid..

We also saw what tech shield does, absorbing projectiles is gonna be super useful. Maybe the EX bounces them back?

Shotgun seems like the more damage oriented one and more focused on the mid range game. Idk what High Tech is supposed to be useful for, more chip if she does the power ups? use the projectile to keep pressure on (it's +3)?
Were going to have to wait untill we get the game, or see someone who knows really go combos. We don't even know if she's even good yet. For all we know Jacqui may need to be buffed. She make have low damage, i hope not. I want to main her and Takeda.

DirtyDusclops

I am a casual and you should not value my opinion.
So Jacqui's charge/retreating rocket move goes through the opponent on block (switches sides) and has armor when meter-burned? I can't see that being very useful.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

I gotta say, for as long as I waited and as hype as I was, I left feeling very underwhelmed. I'm debating if it's worth testing out the Full Auto variation and giving it a proper run.

The other two variations look like garbage. Can't express how disappointed I am. Too disappointed to even show up in this thread again until Saturday.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
But.. we already knew what she had for a while now, all the stream provided was visuals to the moves we already knew >__>;

I do agree that the other variations look very underwhelming but it's too early to tell for sure, for all we know she might be retarded without any need of variation related stuff ^__^

So Jacqui's charge/retreating rocket move goes through the opponent on block (switches sides) and has armor when meter-burned? I can't see that being very useful.
Armor is always useful in MK. and it switches sides on block it'll help if you're cornered so even if you get punished it won't be a corner combo...

I gotta say, for as long as I waited and as hype as I was, I left feeling very underwhelmed. I'm debating if it's worth testing out the Full Auto variation and giving it a proper run.

The other two variations look like garbage. Can't express how disappointed I am. Too disappointed to even show up in this thread again until Saturday.
What, you have not even played her yet. How do you know how see will feel or if she's good or not.

Why are you disappointed?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
What, you have not even played her yet. How do you know how see will feel or if she's good or not.
Why are you disappointed?
I don't. I said I'm incredibly disappointed in what I saw.

I'll test Full Auto to the ground this weekend and I'll look into Shotgun and decide if I'll stick with her or not. There might be something in it. I'm just not blown away like a few other characters have done.

Also, High Tech variation I'll go on a limb and call a waste. It offered nothing. She has an absorb and there was a variation specific absorb. Among other weak tools.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I don't. I said I'm incredibly disappointed in what I saw.

I'll test Full Auto to the ground this weekend and I'll look into Shotgun and decide if I'll stick with her or not. There might be something in it. I'm just not blown away like a few other characters have done.

Also, High Tech variation I'll go on a limb and call a waste. It offered nothing. She has an absorb and there was a variation specific absorb. Among other weak tools.
The tech shield is universal last I checked, High Tech adds the Force Blast (short range projectile) and the fist bump power ups.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The tech shield is universal last I checked, High Tech adds the Force Blast (short range projectile) and the fist bump power ups.
Yea I know. That's what I'm saying.

They demonstrated Jacqui using the tech gauntlets to "absorb" the projectile, but why would anyone ever do it when they can use the universal shield that builds more meter and appears more reliable?

High Tech looks like one of the worst variations in the game. Unless there's some amazing hidden tech there's absolutely no reason to use it over the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.