What's new

Offline sets with Pig, Fly, and Xeno

Should I post more match footage like this?

• yes...fun casual setup and great matches

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • yes...please work on your audio recording

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • yes...less dogs

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • no...go away. You suck and I hate you

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Lots of footage worth watching here. Sorry for audio quality but my kinetic is recording. My kano is getting better. I’m about 2 weeks in with him and he is becoming one of my strongest characters.

http://www.twitch.tv/lordofthefly/v/33012696

I’m testing the twitch to youtube upload so I may add that later but not sure yet if it will work with such a long video.

Edit: here it is!

I start out online but then Pig and Xeno come over for great matches.

15:00
start watching. one online match against a liu kang

19:00
MUST WATCH…a very good Cage Player KHTC Basher kicked my ass for what felt like eternity. I play kano and liu kang.

46:00
I pick liu kang against his cage and do much better but my cancels are always inconsistent.

1:27
Pig comes over and we play games…Kang vs reptile

1:56
xeno comes over and pig and xeno play. Cassie vs reptile

2:20
xeno vs fly cassie vs kano

3:00
pig vs fly reptile vs kotal

3:12
i get salty and switch to cybernetic kano

3:33
Pig vs Xeno Kenshi possessed vs cassie (12 big section…must watch. Dog lovers will appreciate this)

4:18 “everybody humps”
My dog (Jax humps this shit out of Pigs dog Augie)

4:19
pig switches to reptile

4:46
xeno vs fly cassie vs cyber kano

5:22
cassie vs kang

5:38
I get my ass beat with kang and switch to cutthroat. At this point the salt is real and I start to yell at Xeno…i didn’t realize my voice was that high pitched…eeek. The set started slow but I adapt and the matches get really good.

6:02
is end of last match then I talk to my wife on the phone before I cut the stream. lol

@AK XEN0M0RPH
@Pig Of The Hut

Last edited:

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Nice matches.

By the way, I don't think Reptile's f2 is anywhere near the longest reaching normal in the game. Imposter shinnok's f2 and cybernetic kano's b2 are both significantly longer.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
It is super sad that an actual thread with actual matches from actual players has like two posts, and "IS LIU KANG TOO GOOD?!" is going on 20 pages.
yea its a little sad but tym wants drama. Its too bad really. These matches were really good and there is some very high level stuff here from players who aren't yomi.

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
I think the scrub goes under @arthriticbasher
OH, that's who I thought that was! He's a very good KY player.

Btw, @Pig Of The Hut you should just use noxious against Liu. I watched like 30 minutes of your first matches with Fly and you only used EX invis like once. Nearly all your meter was on Klaw. You are +7 on F412 xx EX invis. Condition them to try and armor through it.

Also, any reason after you hit an air to air you convert with slide instead of F211+3 HKD into a cross over, or FB set up?

Just some of the things I noticed first off. About to go watch your and Xenomorph's matches and see how you do against Cassie.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Fly! I watched the Xeno matches. Less Airball and more F4! You should do the airball some at far ranges to EX Air Grab occasionally to catch them off guard, but not so much up close. You don't want them punishes lol. F4 works pretty good against Cassie from my exp. Also mix in more of the D4 mind games on block and hit to condition them into traps.

I don't know if you play Cyber but it's the best for Cassie. Likely one of her bad MUs if you want the counter pick.

All and all good play. Gonna watch some more of the matches.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Fly! I watched the Xeno matches. Less Airball and more F4! You should do the airball some at far ranges to EX Air Grab occasionally to catch them off guard, but not so much up close. You don't want them punishes lol. F4 works pretty good against Cassie from my exp. Also mix in more of the D4 mind games on block and hit to condition them into traps.

I don't know if you play Cyber but it's the best for Cassie. Likely one of her bad MUs if you want the counter pick.

All and all good play. Gonna watch some more of the matches.
That set was what I call a discovery set. I'm learning the MU from scratch. I felt f4 lacks the range to compete with her b1 but in time I could be wrong.

Ex air ball is something I should use more. I honestly forgot it existed.

I think I picked cyber against him for a set and I might agree but I don't feel cyber zoning is any worse in his other variations. Only thing better is ex knife and b1. Other than that I prefer the 50/50 ct has

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
That set was what I call a discovery set. I'm learning the MU from scratch. I felt f4 lacks the range to compete with her b1 but in time I could be wrong.

Ex air ball is something I should use more. I honestly forgot it existed.

I think I picked cyber against him for a set and I might agree but I don't feel cyber zoning is any worse in his other variations. Only thing better is ex knife and b1. Other than that I prefer the 50/50 ct has
Oh yea Cutt is def the best variation, but in a few MUs like HW/Brawler Cassie Cyber fits better. One of the few MUs the mid knives actually matter for zoning, B1 AA, and the conversions into the restand or KD from Ball into more zoning is legit. Probably his best MU vs the Top 10. Coach Steve came over one day and taught me how to play this against his Cassie and it's become my favorite Cyber MU.

Yea her B1 is stupid haha. When you're within your F4 range if you throw yours out slightly before hers you'll get the hit, and F4 into DB1 has that weird blockstun where they have to wait after a F4 or risk being hit by the DB1. Something like B31 on block which is +1 on block into F4 is hella good. Good to mix in when with the occasional EX +frame move or the F4 on block into no follow up. And when F4 hits you're uber plus so even if it's a raw F4 you have endless potential for a follow up.

EX Airball is great if you use it sparingly. Not too much because then they just combo you haha.

Yea for two weeks you're picking him up incredibly quick man. That play was really good for that short time of a time maining him. He might be the character for you!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Oh yea Cutt is def the best variation, but in a few MUs like HW/Brawler Cassie Cyber fits better. One of the few MUs the mid knives actually matter for zoning, B1 AA, and the conversions into the restand or KD from Ball into more zoning is legit. Probably his best MU vs the Top 10. Coach Steve came over one day and taught me how to play this against his Cassie and it's become my favorite Cyber MU.

Yea her B1 is stupid haha. When you're within your F4 range if you throw yours out slightly before hers you'll get the hit, and F4 into DB1 has that weird blockstun where they have to wait after a F4 or risk being hit by the DB1. Something like B31 on block which is +1 on block into F4 is hella good. Good to mix in when with the occasional EX +frame move or the F4 on block into no follow up. And when F4 hits you're uber plus so even if it's a raw F4 you have endless potential for a follow up.

EX Airball is great if you use it sparingly. Not too much because then they just combo you haha.

Yea for two weeks you're picking him up incredibly quick man. That play was really good for that short time of a time maining him. He might be the character for you!
I feel like his spacing and defense are above average which helps me in this specific game.

Good defense is key and ex up ball is key for resetting my game.

That said, I'll get better and better with both ct and cyber as time goes on and I'll better understand mu as I go.

Xeno keeps telling me to play Jax more but idk...I like Kano right now.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I feel like his spacing and defense are above average which helps me in this specific game.

Good defense is key and ex up ball is key for resetting my game.

That said, I'll get better and better with both ct and cyber as time goes on and I'll better understand mu as I go.

Xeno keeps telling me to play Jax more but idk...I like Kano right now.
Yea that's true. It gives you that perfect spacing on block with his toolset. If you're using Cutt as the base you should be good to go. It's one of those variations that can end a game in a blink when he gets rolling. Like make an opponent feel like "man am I playing the game?" Lol.

Yea Jax is pretty beastly too. We've got too many Jax players here already in the NE and don't wanna step on each others toes so we can't use him haha. Jax is amazing though, maybe the most underrated character in the entire game. You can't go wrong with Cutt though, he can definitely win in most MUs. You'll for sure be fine.