What's new

Official Ermac and Mavado Reveal. Footage next week!

Comments

To keep each log short, I wrote an assembler MACRO that would call all the necessary functions in one line of code.
The macro was called ERMAC... short for Error Macro. Unfortunately or fortunately, we listed the number of ERMACS that occurred directly after the log/number of times players fought against REPTILE, who was a hidden fighter in the first Mortal Kombat. This (of course) made players speculate that ERMAC was another hidden character, like REPTILE. Soon rumors of ERMAC became stuff of legend with players insisting they fought against him. They didn't. :)

In Mortal Kombat 2 we made REPTILE a playable fighter and added 3 new hidden fighters: Smoke, Jade and Noob Saibot. But some players were still looking for Ermac. For MK3 we decided to turn some of the myths into reality, starting with ANIMALITIES. Finally in Ultimate MK3 (running out of kolors) we finally added ERMAC as an actual (red ninja) fighter in the roster. Over the years he has made a number of appearances in MK games. Now he has a full story/history and is part of the MK lore. We never (as in ever) would have guessed this red ninja with a ridiculous name would end up such a big part of Mortal Kombat's history and still be kicking over 30 years later! But here we are, as he is about to join the roster of #MortalKombat1

This only DLC character so far where I'm as interested in them as much as seeing what the kameo all about

Every DLC before this was well more interested what the kameo could do for Baraka/Mileena than the main character being released

interesting approach to Ermac's powers - he is not a pure telekinetic anymore but instead he is controlling the souls inside him to do his moves - Kinda smart take, ngl.

Trailers like this really make me feel that at least SOMEONE at NRS still feels the vibe of what MK really is and there is more to be still explored within the well known characters from MK lore.

Yet, I'm kind of disappointed in Mavado. Especailly first part of the fatal blow and the ridiculous rotation that opponent is doing :D but there is a plenty of room for me to change my mind on the overall take on this character. Will definitely give him a chance, as - as I said somewhere I think - I'm one of the few true fans of him since MK:DA.

Very pleasantly surprised with Ermac. He was spirit monsters inside him doing some moves as well. VERY flashy character, awesome. Mavado seems to be a trap kameo with quick reversals, very welcoming addition. Also, Reptile at least seems to have gained new properties - unless I am seeing things, he seems to be able to cancel his sky drop now, this is HUGE. His ex-acid spit now seems to either go fullscreen or launch a projectile as well. Overall, hype trailer.

A great example of if ain't broke, don't fix it.

Easily the best character reveal in the since release finally beating Geras's trailer.
Very Smart decision of keeping his entire moveset (Teleport, Teleslam, CA String as they also gave it do scorpion, Force push, and aerial blast)
With some MKX twists here and there, but this is defnitely MK9 ermac with added twists despite having different normals.

I'm even tempted to re-download the game and see it for myself, his backdash and walkspeed feels worse than the rest and it seems there is a sign of an overhaul coming in the game, let us hope.

Looks like the best version of Ermac, ever. I loved how stylish he was in MK9 but this time may be just even better! Super exciting stuff!

Still hoping on a buff patch btw.

It looks like Flawless Block reversals are back, unless it's exclusive to Mavado, which I really can't see why it would be.

Also Mavado might have an OTG assist attack. That could be absolutely massive for some characters. Definitely going to have to test that out

It looks like Flawless Block reversals are back, unless it's exclusive to Mavado, which I really can't see why it would be.

Also Mavado might have an OTG assist attack. That could be absolutely massive for some characters. Definitely going to have to test that out
I am hesitant to believe flawless block reversals are back. I honestly didn't like them back in mk11 and they felt like a cheap way to steal your turn back - not even mentioning the fact that some characters had INSANE reversals, like Geras, while others had abysmal ones that would whiff on fully stading opponents, like Skarlet's and Jade's. It also felt like a finnicky knowledge check: often times you would KNOW the gap in a character's string, do it and fumble it because of delay/lag, either getting hit or just eating the plus frames. Worst case scenario, you input the reversal too late and get hit out of it, or your character whiffs. Lame.

Ermac looks amazing! Holy shit! Also it seems the release of Ermac might bring in a good balance patch as well. I saw a new move for Reptile..

I am hesitant to believe flawless block reversals are back. I honestly didn't like them back in mk11 and they felt like a cheap way to steal your turn back - not even mentioning the fact that some characters had INSANE reversals, like Geras, while others had abysmal ones that would whiff on fully stading opponents, like Skarlet's and Jade's. It also felt like a finnicky knowledge check: often times you would KNOW the gap in a character's string, do it and fumble it because of delay/lag, either getting hit or just eating the plus frames. Worst case scenario, you input the reversal too late and get hit out of it, or your character whiffs. Lame.
I'm watching it again and I'm almost certain they're back. When Ermac blocks Kahn's overhead it makes the FB sound and has the blue block effect too.

I'm all for it tbh. I think the game needs it. I wouldn't consider them cheap ways to steal your turn back because they required actual timing. If all you have is mindless flowchart offense, then FB reversals were a nice reversal for that. MK1 is chock full of mindless flowchart offense right now, so I'm welcoming this change happily.

Positively surprised by Ermac's gameplay.

Also, I think this is by far Ermac's best look. Miles better than MK9/MKX or even the 3D era games

My god I LOVE both of them wtf.

Ermac looks insane, beautiful new vfx, combos are looking awesome and dynamic, full of different routes, and his fatality is simply perfect.

Mavado is a kameo packed with combo extensions, I absolutelly love it, he even has setups that double down as extensions, unlike Darrius which I wanted to use with Ashrah so badly but only has 1 combo extension that costs a full bar :(

Also love Mavado's fatal blow and fatality, awesome referencing. And is that just me or is he referencing 3D era Kabal (maybe for all the comparisons about the hookswords) with that kameo move in which he pushes the enemy on you? lol