What's new

[Oct. 22nd 2011] TEST YOUR RAGE - Hosted By VATR & MAK (Fairfax, VA)

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
PS3+Game:
[MENTION=1321]Blackula[/MENTION] (verified)
[MENTION=8340]↓ 1[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5003]SwiftTomHanks[/MENTION]

Display:
[MENTION=6291]Hatake Osawa[/MENTION] (verified)
[MENTION=8871]Death[/MENTION] (verified)
[MENTION=7318]digitaldemize[/MENTION]

We should be good on displays now, definitely want to make sure we get those PS3s though!

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Several team matches will take too long. If we're gonna have a big team battle, it needs to go on the big screen, and I don't want us hogging it for that long a time. :)

So we can't do both 3v3s and 5v5s. It's one or the other. I say we do a single 5v5. The problem is, which areas will be the ones to go at it? We have a lot of different state reps coming through for TYR, so I'm thinking It should be MD/NoVA vs NoVA/SoVA since NoVA has the most members, but each side must have at least 1 player that is not from MD, NoVA, or SoVA. For simplification purposes, RVA will be lumped together with SoVA.

For those of you in NoVA who have a traitorous streak, here's your chance to openly run wild!

Or if the other states don't care, we can just 5v5 MD/DC vs VA.

What say you, gentlemen?
I prefer to do the 3v3s. If we mix and match, it wouldn't really be a regional battle now would it. :p That's just me though. :)

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I can promise my ps3+game. I can also bring a TV, while it has no lag, it has a 1x1 line of dead pixel. It's super hard to notice, but it's still there... My other TV is too large to transport :(

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
I wouldn't worry yourself to much about the monitor, we should be covered on that end. Thanks for supplying a setup!

PS3+Game:
[MENTION=5003]SwiftTomHanks[/MENTION] (verified)
[MENTION=8340]↓ 1[/MENTION]

Display:
[MENTION=7318]digitaldemize[/MENTION]

With regard to the Region match up it's ok if we do multiple but we have to choose just 1 to do on the projector. After the tournament we're sharing the projector with Tekken for exhibition matches, so we should choose one we want to put on display. To keep exhibitions moving smoothly I personally vote we keep it simple and just do a 3v3 or 5v5 VA vs MD fight for TYR.

As the first people to chime in how about [MENTION=3199]CitizenSnips[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1321]Blackula[/MENTION] be the reps for the two different areas, "team captains" if you will. You can build your team however you see fit to, leave it up to volunteers, build it yourself, or let the tourney decide.

In future events, where we're not sharing our resources with another group, we can dive much deeper into these regional fights! It would be awesome to have teams for NOVA, SOVA, MD, PA and even NC if people continue to make the trip. =) We'll make sure there's some money on the line as well!

Nordic, looks like you have a lit of displays so I am going to leave mine at home. It is an older Sony Bravia (KDL-32M3000) so it might not be the best to begin with. Still bringing the ps3+game though (don't think I have freddy on mine... do we need freddy)

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Nordic, looks like you have a lit of displays so I am going to leave mine at home. It is an older Sony Bravia (KDL-32M3000) so it might not be the best to begin with. Still bringing the ps3+game though (don't think I have freddy on mine... do we need freddy)
Much obliged sir! And if possible it would be much appreciated if you could acquire Freddy. Since the patch landed the ban has been lifted from the Fredster and while I don't know off hand of anyone planning on using him, it would be best if he were available. Either way, your setup is much appreciated!

Also, for reference, we'll be enforcing the TYM ban list at TYR:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?7192-MK9-Tournament-Bans

PS3+Game:
[MENTION=5003]SwiftTomHanks[/MENTION] (verified)
[MENTION=8340]↓ 1[/MENTION] (verified)

Display:

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Officially found out that I got that day off! It's going down people!

By the way. For those who live in Newport News and somewhat in the area. Let me know if transportation is needed on here. Talked with Blackula about it on the phone last night and we need to figure out what's going on. He's going to take care the people on his side of the water and plus his friend from Richmond. I need to know cause I'll be only able to transport four people in my vehicle. So it'll be a first come first serve basis.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
If I'm team captain, I don't know who to pick for my team besides Eazial because he's the only one from MD I have played before lol.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
So how are we going to do this regional battle as far as format goes? Will we do everyone plays everyone and the highest overall total of wins determines the winner, or are we going to do it elimination style? Personally, I vote for the former rather than the latter. In other fighting games where we did a regional battle just between two regions, we did it that way. If everyone wants to do it the latter way, then I say it needs to be a "first to" series.

Also, as far as character usage goes, we should not restrict the number of people who can choose a particular character. Some regions, such as our region, have members who main the same character.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I'm totally down for representing PA by myself. However I might be bringing two more from Philly, so if you guys really want to do some regional stuff, I have a pretty OP team.

Creepy00

Noob
The thing about Regional matches , is how are we going to set it up? Also how many set ups will be for Mk9?
I m pretty sure Vatr will cover the event for the most part.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Sorry for the delay, was away with family all weekend! But I'll talk with Beta and the VATR admins to figure out how we should fit this in. We'll most likely end up going with the method that allows us to get through it the quickest. This will definitely be a trial run for future events where we'd like to dive into it more deeply. =)

Nordic you can toss me in for a PS3 as well. Mason isn't that much of a pain to get to. If someone can grab me at the Subway the better, though I can probably just zip car it.

Creepy00

Noob
is Anyone else excited and hype for next week tourney after watching Season Beating mk top 8?
Cause I sure am. Time for subzero to get some recognition :D

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Creepy said:
is Anyone else excited and hype for next week tourney after watching Season Beating mk top 8?
Cause I sure am. Time for subzero to get some recognition
Sub-Zero is going to get a beat down! I have to admit know Sub-Zero is definitely a character you don't want to fuck around with too much. But he's also somebody to not be scared off, either. As we all just saw Jax throwing **** left and right on Reo's Kabal! Mmmm. Lol

But heck ya, bro! I'm so inpatient for Saturday to come around. Beating my head against a wall is a great indication. =)

Creepy00

Noob
Sub-Zero is going to get a beat down! I have to admit know Sub-Zero is definitely a character you don't want to fuck around with too much. But he's also somebody to not be scared off, either. As we all just saw Jax throwing **** left and right on Reo's Kabal! Mmmm. Lol

But heck ya, bro! I'm so inpatient for Saturday to come around. Beating my head against a wall is a great indication. =)
You mean other Subzero, mine is quite different. I make his bad match ups be in my favor. Just wait, cause one mistake equal frozen.

Yup CDjr has a scary Jax, i was expecting Reo taking this one as well.

Hey, maybe we should be Tag partners, Fire and Ice/ Unstoppable Team. what you say?