What's new

NRS Introduces Enhanced Online BETA For MKX; Sign-Ups Are Now Live

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
After rewatching I have a couple of questions.

1) Tyler says, "similar in function to the GGPO model". Does that mean it isn't GGPO, but a variant they are using to try to better the netcode? Would that make a difference or it wouldn't matter either way?

2) So this wouldn't be applied to MKX then as a game? By the time it was ready wouldn't Injustice 2 be about to come out so this would be a molding and testing for that game's online right? Rather than a full version of MKX in the future?

Great news but curious to the details.
They explicitly state this is for the improvement of MKX's online. Testing and implementation shouldn't take that long, and I think they may be putting Injustice 2 or whatever it is on hold for a little while longer in favor of MKX.

It being GGPO isn't really that important, it's the rollback netcode GGPO pioneered that people want. So a variant is fine.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
The last few trailers have not listed Steam, only PS4 and Xbox 1. The PC community is starting to get worried, especially since NRS will not answer any questions. We may very well be small enough that they don't consider kp2 worth the cost of porting it to PC.
Assuming makes an ass out of U and me! Until NRS actually says something I'm not assuming anything.

trufenix

bye felicia
The character availability thing is kind of confusing though. Why only 4 characters? Can someone explain that to me?
The reason most people assumed it could never be done is because the game will literally have to be re-written from near scratch to implement rollback netcode work. Ergo, they will have to redo every character in the game to make it work. I wouldn't be surprised if some backgrounds have to get re-rolled out too since they have interactive elements.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
"Getting right" and "not listening" aren't the same thing there, buddy.
i mean if they listened then why didn't we get good netcode 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1 year ago. look, this is cool and everything for nrs players but other communites with even smaller budgets have had this privelage for a while. so don't go around acting like the complaints before aren't suddenly justified cause they finally got around to it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
They explicitly state this is for the improvement of MKX's online. Testing and implementation shouldn't take that long, and I think they may be putting Injustice 2 or whatever it is on hold for a little while longer in favor of MKX.

It being GGPO isn't really that important, it's the rollback netcode GGPO pioneered that people want. So a variant is fine.
So this is something like if it all goes well can be in the full game in a few months or like the end of the year? I know we can't really "know" right now but what's a general idea? I'm clueless with this type of thing lol.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
This will be good. Luckily I know how to use scorpion and sub. I imagine nothing but a lot of teleports from those scorpion mains, as if that will ever change. I just wonder if players will implement lag switches now...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So this is something like if it all goes well can be in the full game in a few months or like the end of the year? I know we can't really "know" right now but what's a general idea? I'm clueless with this type of thing lol.
Indint think we'd have to wait till the end of the year.

If they're confident enough to set all of this up then must they know how to implement it into the game already, so it's a matter of them tuning the beta until it's fine and dandy, and then dropping it in the game or whatever shortly afterwards. Thought their method may be more time consuming than I think.

I don't know how long the beta tuning will take however, I doubt very long at all. Then again I can't see the future.

The reason most people assumed it could never be done is because the game will literally have to be re-written from near scratch to implement rollback netcode work. Ergo, they will have to redo every character in the game to make it work. I wouldn't be surprised if some backgrounds have to get re-rolled out too since they have interactive elements.
Interesting, thanks for clearing that up.

Canapper

Insignificant speck of feculent scum
This is actually really good. It's nice they are releasing a beta system for testing and with a chance for players to give their opinion, really good.

Happy that at least I have one of the 4 characters as a pocket one, Jacqui is time to shine :D

trufenix

bye felicia
Also, there is no reason to assume PC won't get KP 2. There is every reason to assume PC won't get a beta. They will almost assuredly get whatever game results from it though, albeit months later.

trufenix

bye felicia
i mean if they listened then why didn't we get good netcode 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1 year ago. look, this is cool and everything for nrs players but other communites with even smaller budgets have had this privelage for a while. so don't go around acting like the complaints before aren't suddenly justified cause they finally got around to it.
is it lonely up there on your pedestal? Cause we're hype down here.