What's new

NRS Introduces Enhanced Online BETA For MKX; Sign-Ups Are Now Live

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
After rewatching I have a couple of questions.

1) Tyler says, "similar in function to the GGPO model". Does that mean it isn't GGPO, but a variant they are using to try to better the netcode? Would that make a difference or it wouldn't matter either way?

2) So this wouldn't be applied to MKX then as a game? By the time it was ready wouldn't Injustice 2 be about to come out so this would be a molding and testing for that game's online right? Rather than a full version of MKX in the future?

Great news but curious to the details.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
just reposting this from old thread as other one was shut down:

wonder will the beta be region based?

as in only psn america at start and psn europe/rest of world later? or all at start?

@tylerlansdown would u be in position to answer a question like that yet?

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
my highschool blocked wifi on the computer and my teacher doesnt let us use phones so does anyone care to tell me what happens in this video please?

Rearawt

Noob

1) Tyler says, "similar in function to the GGPO model". Does that mean it isn't GGPO, but a variant they are using to try to better the netcode? Would that make a difference or it wouldn't matter either way?

2) So this wouldn't be applied to MKX then as a game? By the time it was ready wouldn't Injustice 2 be about to come out so this would be a molding and testing for that game's online right? Rather than a full version of MKX in the future?

It's going to be them writing their own in-house version of netcode based on the principles of how GGPO works. Capcom is doing the same thing with SFV

He said more and more characters will be added, I think there's a clear implication that once the beta is deemed successful they'll add it to the main game. There might not be an Injustice 2 as soon as you think

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
That's weird... I could of sworn that certain community members stated several times that it was not technically possible to change the netcode on an already produced game. That some people were very adamant about their programming knowledge and expertise on the subject. I had thought that they were misinformed uneducated statements, or perhaps just blatant lies in order to look "smart". Maybe I just imagined it, that couldn't of actually happened... or did it?

I think it means that they have made their own version of GGPO

That's weird... I could of sworn that certain community members stated several times that it was not technically possible to change the netcode on an already produced game. That some people were very adamant about their programming knowledge and expertise on the subject. I had thought that they were misinformed uneducated statements, or perhaps just blatant lies in order to look "smart". Maybe I just imagined it, that couldn't of actually happened... or did it?
Cocaines a hell of a drug

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It's going to be them writing their own in-house version of netcode based on the principles of how GGPO works. Capcom is doing the same thing with SFV

He said more and more characters will be added, I think there's a clear implication that once the beta is deemed successful they'll add it to the main game. There might not be an Injustice 2 as soon as you think
Ah ok I see. Thanks for that info. I feel even better now! :eek: