What's new

NRS Introduces Enhanced Online BETA For MKX; Sign-Ups Are Now Live

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I am amazed.

I am curious about dlc and this on PC though.. I am NOT trying to naysay something so potentially amazing but I hope this isnt causing some kind of console lock or some such.

Either way though, its amazing.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Anyone else getting the vibe that we'll have to download a new version of MKX? Can such a thing be patched into the main game? I'm not complaining, just curious.

TamedLizard

Buff George
So at the risk of sounding like a fool, would someone be so kind as to elaborate (in laymen's terms) on what this means?

Online is getting better. Got that.

What I don't get is the whole signups and only 4 available characters thing. I know it's for feedback from the community, but how exactly does it go from here?

So like will this be a separate download that will eventually become the final version of the game once they've got all the details and issues sorted out?

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Anyone else getting the vibe that we'll have to download a new version of MKX? Can such a thing be patched into the main game? I'm not complaining, just curious.
Yeah, you'll most likely have to download a substantial patch of some sort, that or they will release a Komplete Edition with the update already in it.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Due to real life circumstances the only way I can currently play this game is online.

This is honestly the best news I have heard and has kept me back in the playerbase. I have a feeling NRS is gonna be supporting MKX even after IGAU2 is out, knowing that the fans for both games are a separate pool. I was sketchy on KP2, but this ultimately trumps any feelings I have about it.

This is the real KP2 to me.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Yeah, you'll most likely have to download a substantial patch of some sort, that or they will release a Komplete Edition with the update already in it.
I didn't think about that. What if Mortal Kombat X Enhanced is going to be a stand alone game, or UMKX. They throw in a few stages and characters it could sell.

Slymind

Noob
In advance, after they do the testing, if everything goes as planned, they should have MLG season 3, players would jump in big time with a good online on this event.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
I have literally no idea how homegirl ended up in that roster, but I'm not complaining. Thank fuck I have a reason to start this game up again.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I didn't think about that. What if Mortal Kombat X Enhanced is going to be a stand alone game, or UMKX. They throw in a few stages and characters it could sell.
That isn't the current model of games right now. An "Ultimate" style release that is stand alone would go against this new "service" paradigm that the industry is in. I mean sure they could release more stuff for a separate disc, but it would be compatible with the sku's already out there, thus their will most definitely be a patch to the existing game.

Honestly, this just makes me think of Assassin's Creed Unity. People are wondering why/how NRS can do this now, and it is just because of the hardware that we are working with now.

For those who don't know, when AC Unity released the year before last, they had massive bugs and FR issues, thus they had to rebuild certain parts of the game to fix those issues. On the X1, we had to DL a 40GB patch that replaced most, if not all, of the game that was installed from the disc.

So yeah, NRS can rebuild their game and send it out over the net. Remember, there are a ton of people who didn't buy this game on a disc in the first place, and everyone (PS4 and X1) had to install the game to their HDD to play it.