What's new

Strategy Now That's What I Call An Entrance -- Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
Hmm the reason I thought it had invincibility was because when I made an AI Doomsday sweep, then bodysplash me I could always get out of it with db+2, even though he was right on top of me, also the brady guide states that it's his best wake up attack.
I'm a little confused. You had the AI doomsday sweep you to the ground and then jump into body splash as you were waking up with DB2?

Mestizo3

Noob
^^ yea, Sweep then wait a split second then jump bodysplash, if my savage blast didn't come out as a wake up attack I would get hit, however if it did come out as a wake up attack I wouldn't get hit, which is why I thought it had invincibility frames if done as a wake up attack.

What testing did you all do for savage blast to determine it didn't have wake up invincibility?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
^^ yea, Sweep then wait a split second then jump bodysplash, if my savage blast didn't come out as a wake up attack I would get hit, however if it did come out as a wake up attack I wouldn't get hit, which is why I thought it had invincibility frames if done as a wake up attack.

What testing did you all do for savage blast to determine it didn't have wake up invincibility?
set the computer to wake up, do a D3 for knock down so they don't roll away, then just upper cut the move as he wakes up, you can do it every time. but do the same thing to hurricane bow and you will not be able to because of the invince frames.

I think it's a great wake up if you get a quick tech roll then wake up before they are on you for pressure, but if they hit you with hardknock down and know what they are doing, i would recoment against this move as wake up in most situations as you will get blown the fuck up.

I made an account just to talk about this tech since I didn't see it posted anywhere. I might have just glazed past it but anyway:

GA basically freezes his opponent, pulls out another freeze arrow, and hits his opponent again.. while he's frozen. Instead of 'refreezing' the opponent, the extra freeze arrow knocks the already frozen opponent into a knockdown state. This is pretty hard (and useless) to pull off consistently though since I think you have to pull off the reload on the exact frame that you're able to do it.

Now this is the interesting part. I might be horribly wrong, but the fact that the second freeze arrow knocks the opponent back means that there could be enough time to actually reload another freeze arrow and then get in another combo before freezing them again... which could possibly lead into an infinite..

Has anyone tried this yet? I'm trying to do it but I'm convinced my FG skills are horrible so maybe there's hope...

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Maybe a little less damage scaling on his ice arrow. In the corner he can break 40% meterless without a jump in and no arrows without breaking a sweat:p

SimSim

Well, a pretty basic combo that will mange to refreeze somebody is:
freeze-b3-dash-sky alert-d2 xx db4- 1/d1 xx 4

And in the corner:
freeze-f3-d2 xx db4 - 1/d1 xx 4

The thing is, even if you could mange to combo after the knock back from the 2nd ice arrow, the combo would scale the air time that you get on your juggles, so you will most likely have no time to combo a new ice arrow before they hit the ground.

Well, a pretty basic combo that will mange to refreeze somebody is:
freeze-b3-dash-sky alert-d2 xx db4- 1/d1 xx 4

And in the corner:
freeze-f3-d2 xx db4 - 1/d1 xx 4

The thing is, even if you could mange to combo after the knock back from the 2nd ice arrow, the combo would scale the air time that you get on your juggles, so you will most likely have no time to combo a new ice arrow before they hit the ground.
Weird.. so refreezing doesn't work at all.. I tried your first combo and when I landed the second freeze arrow, it didn't freeze. It just knocked my opponent back even though I landed other normal attacks in between the freeze arrows. Well so much for this 'tech' -_-

Weird.. so refreezing doesn't work at all.. I tried your first combo and when I landed the second freeze arrow, it didn't freeze. It just knocked my opponent back even though I landed other normal attacks in between the freeze arrows. Well so much for this 'tech' -_-
Cheer up. Now I know that GA can reload another arrow before starting a combo on a frozen opponent, even if the second arrow load may be hard to pull off.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Green Arrow's super is 32% after patch. It used to be 34%. I wish there are patch notes.

NeoRussell
That's really weird, I wonder what the point of that was. The unclashable combo still does 44% though.

I really hope they remove GA's resets in the future. I shouldn't be allowed to say this as a Cyrax player but I don't think it's necessary for any character to have a guaranteed damage reset. That said I'll still abuse it unless it gets taken out :p

Zanxus

That's really weird, I wonder what the point of that was. The unclashable combo still does 44% though.

I really hope they remove GA's resets in the future. I shouldn't be allowed to say this as a Cyrax player but I don't think it's necessary for any character to have a guaranteed damage reset. That said I'll still abuse it unless it gets taken out :p
I think it's fine the way it is, NRS seemed to have designed him with that in mind and they have obviously learned from cyrax. GA's reset is costly since it's all your meter and by having to save up for it you eliminate the use of other options like MB specials, armored B3/F3, push block, and wagering during clashes.

Guys, is just me, or "Sky Alert" is the worst move?? I aways have problems with negative edge, and when i need to d1. Almost everytime...

Seapeople

This one's for you
I think it's fine the way it is, NRS seemed to have designed him with that in mind and they have obviously learned from cyrax. GA's reset is costly since it's all your meter and by having to save up for it you eliminate the use of other options like MB specials, armored B3/F3, push block, and wagering during clashes.
I don't think it's overpowered at all, it's just bad character design. Damage resets literally break the way the combo system is intended to work.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Guys, is just me, or "Sky Alert" is the worst move?? I aways have problems with negative edge, and when i need to d1. Almost everytime...
Sky Alert is a great way to add lift to strings...especially after B3 and in the corner you can do it after slide to get them high enough to go into stuff too. Plus it wrecks Doomsday's elbow and crossup attempts...but yeah I've popped it out going for that same D1 lol. Shitty Xbox pad.

When did you guys receive your "arrow" skin for voting early in the Arena? I've been checking my email religiously, including my spam folder. I was recently told from a friend that I should have received it days ago?

When did you guys receive your "arrow" skin for voting early in the Arena? I've been checking my email religiously, including my spam folder. I was recently told from a friend that I should have received it days ago?
I Voted, but don´t get the skin at first... So i went to facebook on the injustice profile, send a message about the problem... then they send me a link to report the problem... In about 2 days, they send me the code. But i think it´s needed a warner account.

Sky Alert is a great way to add lift to strings...especially after B3 and in the corner you can do it after slide to get them high enough to go into stuff too. Plus it wrecks Doomsday's elbow and crossup attempts...but yeah I've popped it out going for that same D1 lol. Shitty Xbox pad.
It shuts down Doomsdays Supernova.

No, don´t remove the reset. GA can´t random super (with armor) on Wakeup. It´s a risky but a mighty tool. GA needs a hardly escapeable setup for his super. Next, his midscreen damage, which leaves him at a reasonable situation, is weak compared to others. I have a guideline (stuff figured out by myself) in the chamber how to play GA. If there is interest, I would post it.

SimSim

No, don´t remove the reset. GA can´t random super (with armor) on Wakeup. It´s a risky but a mighty tool. GA needs a hardly escapeable setup for his super. Next, his midscreen damage, which leaves him at a reasonable situation, is weak compared to others. I have a guideline (stuff figured out by myself) in the chamber how to play GA. If there is interest, I would post it.
I'm interested! I consider myself an ok GA player with a gameplan that I feel is "correct", but I am always looking to learn!

OK, but it needs a lil bit time to translate it. I hope you don´t blow me up, if something is included you already know.

TimTim

Don't Hate
I'm starting to think GA isn't that good. I've been playing against my friend a lot and GA is kinda worthless now. He's one of those reactionary types so he fuzzy blocks any f2 d1 3 mixups and despite how fast I do it he manages to block my d1 low/overhead freeze too.
I know not many characters have super hard to block mixups but like after you get rid of GA's all he has is his super resets which only come during my second bar of health and zoning with fire arrows in a couple of matchups :(.

SimSim

I agree that it will be harder to land those high low hits after a while Tim, but I am pretty sure you can't react to f2d13 xx high/low ice arrrow mixed up with f2d1 xx high/low ice arrow. Also after using that set up for a while you can start using b2 on wake up in stead. But as you say, this will be easier and easier to defend against for players, so I think you will have to play solid with GA in most cases, and use d1 xx ice arrow as punish or interuption, and mix it up with d1 xx db2 on block so they respect the d1.