What's new

Normals only (no specials or armor), who prevails

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Imagine that there are no specials in the game, no armored moves, no x rays. Just the same normals as they currently exist, with the same frame data, etc. (and the same combos just without any special cancels). Which character would now be the most dominant?

While I admittedly do not have the same encyclopedic knowledge of frame data that many on this site do, here is my answer to the above hypothetical: the Oshtekk God. After the most recent patch, I can't help but conclude he has the best normals in the game. Who do you think would be the "normals only" top tier?

MK_Al

Noob
Kung Lao. People complain about his specials, but this is where he really shines.
IMO followed by cassie, Kung Jin and D'vorah.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I agree, but I don't think it would only be Kotal on this list. Cassie, Lao, D'Vorah, Jax and a few others would come to mind.
Let me rephrase the question: You are stranded on a desert island filled with bloodthirsty carnivorous beasts: you have to choose only ONE mkx character to protect you with his or her NORMALS ONLY.

Choose wisely.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Is everyone forgetting Predator's b2 and d4?

Is everyone forgetting Quan Chi's b2

Is everyone forgetting Kung Jin's b1 and f2?

What is this?

D'Vorah would be pretty high up there, that's for sure. d1, d3 and d4 are all amongst the most useful of their kind in the game, and then there's attacks like f112, f22 and f34 (which even without specials would be a scary overhead).

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Kotal by far, b1, f1, d1, jip1, d4...

then cassie, jax, Dvorah, takeda, Kano b1 in Cybernetic and commando