What's new

No Injustice/MvC3 tourney at NLBC due to low entrants - first time ever

JDM

Noob
You just further prove my point.. First, no one called you stupid... Secondly your claiming MK is easy and I'm basically saying it's easy to play, hard to master and that I would probably win cause I put the time in to master the game and you think it is easy.. So your response is you play 2 other games im not even talking about that ialso never claimed to be good at, you would bop me in. Did I say anything at all about those games? You could of just said you would bop me in tetris. Your not stupid but I can say that your being ignorant giving your opinion on a game you don't even play compete in. Its like me telling you how mavel is. Yeah I play it by I don't actually go out and compete in it
I didn't say you called me stupid. I said I know what makes a game hard because I'm not stupid. Big difference. MK is easy, that "easy to play hard to master" can pretty much apply to anything and it's a big cop out used for people. A Lot of easy to use BS is in MK9, it requires little execution and has a broken ass character that you can play relatively easily compared to other games.

Also, I've competed at one MK9 event since by the time I joined the community it was practically dead here, and I was doing pretty well considering I hadn't played the game for like 4 months prior to that. It's easy to play, but I love the game. Really fun. Don't get so mad when people say a game is easy.

pherleece

Woolay
I didn't say you called me stupid. I said I know what makes a game hard because I'm not stupid. Big difference. MK is easy, that "easy to play hard to master" can pretty much apply to anything and it's a big cop out used for people. A Lot of easy to use BS is in MK9, it requires little execution and has a broken ass character that you can play relatively easily compared to other games.

Also, I've competed at one MK9 event since by the time I joined the community it was practically dead here, and I was doing pretty well considering I hadn't played the game for like 4 months prior to that. It's easy to play, but I love the game. Really fun. Don't get so mad when people say a game is easy.
I get what you're saying but you bring up another issue, I'm not mad at all, I'm just stating how I feel. So how come actual mk players say the game is not easy. You can take a non mk9 players, teach them the easy cyrax combo/resets and they still won't make top 8 at a major. Most of my friends (non fgc) that love the Mortal Kombat franchise think mk9 is too hard to get good at so I guess we can say we are both wrong cause it depends on the person and neither of us have the right to say how difficult it is.

i spent a few weeks learning and getting okay at MK9 after injustice came out. That game is definitely more fun than injustice, but injustice is definitely a better game. MK9 is much faster than injustice and at least the charctaer i was trying (kabal) is pretty damn technical
i kinda wanna play that again 0_0 it was pretty fun even losing hardcore to the really good players

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Injustice is much easier to play than mk haha. Execution-wise for most of the cast isn't that hard, but it isn't in either game really. It's more about the metagame. Knowing how to open your opponent up and playing footsies takes a lot more in MK than it does in this game. I think the bad perception of it comes from all the people dropping it after evo 2011.

I don't even enter MK tournaments anymore because I know I wouldn't be able to compete with the people who still play it. For Injustice though, I can take long breaks and still do fine and with a lower tier than I used in MK lol.

JDM

Noob
If the game was easy where were u at MLG when big money was on the line?

Makes sense to me anyone who is extremely talented would take advantage if such an easy money making opportunity
Saying a game is easy=/=me being the best at it or incredible at it.

Why are you guys so defensive?

Simply put, compared to other fighters MK is easy.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Saying a game is easy=/=me being the best at it or incredible at it.

Why are you guys so defensive?

Simply put, compared to other fighters MK is easy.
I'm not trying to come off as overly defensive but when I read incorrect info I do my best to correct it

Compared to AE? Yea it is but for a second there I thought you were implying injustice is harder than Mk lol

Lol this kid is delusional.

Marvel is ABC "easy", now please go dethrone ChrisG, since Marvel is easy.

Get it through your head what pherleece is trying to convey.

I hate coming here sometimes.

It's just annoying to read posts now a days.

JDM

Noob
I'm not trying to come off as overly defensive but when I read incorrect info I do my best to correct it

Compared to AE? Yea it is but for a second there I thought you were implying injustice is harder than Mk lol
Oh hell no lol. I am in no way bashing MK9 I love the game (it's my favorite fighter) but it's easy compared to other fighters out there (Tekken, AE) because I've tried playing those and it takes much more effort.

Lol this kid is delusional.

Hold dat shit.

Marvel is ABC "easy", now please go dethrone ChrisG, since Marvel is easy.

Get it through your head what pherleece is trying to convey.

I hate coming here sometimes.

It's just annoying to read posts now a days.
I took a game off Chris G in tourney just sayin' im so gdlk.

And what are you saying, that's more like Pig said not me. I never said MK9 was easy so the top players are easy to beat. I'm saying compared to other fighters, it's easier to play at a high level. Lol at getting so worked up about this.

I see no point in comparing it to other fighters. What's it accomplish? At the end of the day it's a battle of the best strategy and mind...vs your opponents.

Lets just compare everything to Super Turbo or something than! Ya!

JDM

Noob
I see no point in comparing it to other fighters. What's it accomplish? At the end of the day it's a battle of the best strategy and mind...vs your opponents.

Lets just compare everything to Super Turbo or something than! Ya!

True. But this doesn't make what I said any less true.