What's new

No Injustice/MvC3 tourney at NLBC due to low entrants - first time ever

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
35 is more than what many Injustice and MK locals are getting these days :p

35 was for a UMK3 "major" and was the MAX we ever got. Around 35 at least, could be a little more or less, have to ask Shock.

pherleece

Woolay
I know its easy because ive played mk sf. blazblue and guilty gear extensively. There is a reason a massive chunk of the MK community only plays MK.
Did you not read what I said? I said I played the game extensivly for months and thought I it was easy until I joined tym and started playing offline with decent MK players. Actually there are few MK9 only players. Most of us play other fighting games.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
MK isn't easy to win in, people that think that probably suck in MK lol. Just going on past experience with people who say that on various games in general. 9 times out of 10, whenever someone says "I hate this game it sucks and is easy" translation="you actually suck in the game but will never admit it"

Telling ya, that's how it is unless that person has evidence/proof that they don't suck. I say the same thing to my friends all the time if they tell me "hey that game sucks, it's easy anyone can play it" I'll ask them to show me them playing it so easily, never have proof to provide lol.

trufenix

bye felicia
Well, unless there's an announcement at comiccon, you're gonna need to dig in to the trenches on either Injustice or MK9 for the long haul, if MK10 is coming, I can assure you its not coming out next year.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Members like you guys are the reason I don't post much on this site. You feel like you guys know everything with nothing to back it up. How the fuck would you know if MK is easy or not? I played the game 7 months after it came out and then joined the community. I though it was easy till I played against people that know how to play the game pretty well. You both joined the site in april 2013 clearly for injustice but you think you know enough about MK to say anything about. I'm probably one of the worst MK9 players in the community but I'm still sure I can Woolay your asses free. If you ask what Woolay is then you further prove my point. I don't care what your opinion is but don't talk out of your asses

Okay, so I'm from August and very new to this, but for the most part I try not to tell people about MK or any game that isn't INJ (and even then my opinions are usually wrong, so I try and not assert them as fact either). My point being, I'm low on the totem pole, and I accept it. But on to my real question: Can you or anybody tell me what Woolay is? It sounds fun and I'd like to know the story :)

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Okay, so I'm from August and very new to this, but for the most part I try not to tell people about MK or any game that isn't INJ (and even then my opinions are usually wrong, so I try and not assert them as fact either). My point being, I'm low on the totem pole, and I accept it. But on to my real question: Can you or anybody tell me what Woolay is? It sounds fun and I'd like to know the story :)

pherleece

Woolay
back when MK was in the first year of its prime me, claude vonstroke started doing the woolay show on twitch tv and we had guest every week such as Sabin, Chris G, Tom Brady, Reo, CD Jr, Perfect Legend, Jamessmk, curbolicious and his mom lol, sonic fox, birdsongs, and like 100 other people lol i have most of them recorded. you can find some on youtube

pherleece

Woolay
also when MK10 comes out there may be a second season to The Woolay Show. you can also follow the show on twitter www.twitch.tv/thewoolayshow

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
back when MK was in the first year of its prime me, claude vonstroke started doing the woolay show on twitch tv and we had guest every week such as Sabin, Chris G, Tom Brady, Reo, CD Jr, Perfect Legend, Jamessmk, curbolicious and his mom lol, sonic fox, birdsongs, and like 100 other people lol i have most of them recorded. you can find some on youtube

You and I are not talking about the same Woolay show then.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I'm not surprised about the injustice turn out, but marvel is a little shocking though. I guess people are getting bored with the repetition in injustice and Marvel, I wonder what makes Street Fighter so consistant.

JDM

Noob
Members like you guys are the reason I don't post much on this site. You feel like you guys know everything with nothing to back it up. How the fuck would you know if MK is easy or not? I played the game 7 months after it came out and then joined the community. I though it was easy till I played against people that know how to play the game pretty well. You both joined the site in april 2013 clearly for injustice but you think you know enough about MK to say anything about. I'm probably one of the worst MK9 players in the community but I'm still sure I can Woolay your asses free. If you ask what Woolay is then you further prove my point. I don't care what your opinion is but don't talk out of your asses

Uh, cause I'm not stupid. I know what makes a game difficult. It's pretty simple, actually. I play Injustice and UMVC3 at a high level. Pretty sure I'd bop you free, calm yourself.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
35 was for a UMK3 "major" and was the MAX we ever got. Around 35 at least, could be a little more or less, have to ask Shock.
I think 37 at Seasons Beatings 2010 but a couple players had to leave due to family emergencies so it was 35 iirc, followed by a 32 player UMK3 tournament at NEC that year which we capped at 32 due to station availability. 2010 was the big year for UMK3 because it was getting hype stream attention, consistent turnouts, with good players actually showing up and then 2011 was MK9 so we scaled back promotion on the 2D games since we're responsible for running tournaments for the NRS games at events.

UMK3 was still getting in the 20s while MK9 was out, but now MK9 has dropped to that status directly due to lack of interest since injustice and because of no MK9, the players who also played UMK3 aren't there either so any UMK3 or MKII tournament we run would be similar to about 2008 heh. To have a game as old and unexposed as UMK3 getting in the 30s was impressive and had MK9 not come out, it'd probably be doing 48 to 64 right now. Comparing to Dive Kick would be massively unfair, but comparing it to say, DOA, SC and other games that get a jump upon release and quickly fizzle out would be a little more realistic. We'll be running UMK3 and MKII at NEC.

Edit:

Also an advertised, non-side game run at a major is what qualifies it as a major for that game. A low turn out will likely push that game away from future majors. You have to take relativity into account.

pherleece

Woolay
Uh, cause I'm not stupid. I know what makes a game difficult. It's pretty simple, actually. I play Injustice and UMVC3 at a high level. Pretty sure I'd bop you free, calm yourself.
You just further prove my point.. First, no one called you stupid... Secondly your claiming MK is easy and I'm basically saying it's easy to play, hard to master and that I would probably win cause I put the time in to master the game and you think it is easy.. So your response is you play 2 other games im not even talking about that ialso never claimed to be good at, you would bop me in. Did I say anything at all about those games? You could of just said you would bop me in tetris. Your not stupid but I can say that your being ignorant giving your opinion on a game you don't even play compete in. Its like me telling you how mavel is. Yeah I play it by I don't actually go out and compete in it