What's new

Nightwolf Glitch?

I found this out messing around with a buddy...

This hasn't been tested on every character yet...feel free to mess around.

Basically, if you have an opponent such as Sub Zero (works with Scorpion as well) while playing as Nightwolf, and Sub enjoys hit confirming his combos into a freeze..I found the answer.

If you can anticipate a combo (easier against a jump-in) and you do EX-Reflect just before he hits you, his combo will start and he may link into the freeze...but you will absorb the freeze and gain the health back and you get a free combo as seen here....could cause some pretty good mind games against opponents that link combos with projectiles.

Wow. That could problem, nice find. Does it still work if you use a longer string (like 2,2,freeze instead of just 2,freeze)?

Wow. That could problem, nice find. Does it still work if you use a longer string (like 2,2,freeze instead of just 2,freeze)?
Yes, it works on Sub-Zero's 2,2~freeze and 2,1,2~freeze (though you don't get a combo because of the knock back but can punish Sub in corner). It also works on Scorpion's 1,1,1 spear (note that 1,1,1 spear cant be linked, but it gets punished anyway). There is probably more out there that we haven't tested.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Interesting. So, it breaks stagger states, then? I would imagine that it'd have similar effects with Reptile, then.

Try JIP, 2, Fast FB (EX Reflect)
122, Fast FB (EX Reflect)

Works against Cyrax as well. It seems the opponent has to hit you in the beginning of the EX Reflect. After around the middle of the EX reflect the glitch wheres off. Also I didnt know that the EX Reflect made him invincible to throws. Weird.

I can see this being kinda effective. Its still pretty stupid though lol.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Nice someone test this against a Kung Lao string into low hat. I really hope so. That will show them :)

Yeah, but you can bait anything really...so, it could still work out for Nightwolf.
It could work, or it could go terribly wrong. Its not like its hard to hitconfirm off of a jump punch. In this situation it turns into a counter and counter moves are always risky.

Also it feels like against Sub in this situation it would be better to just block the freeze. You still get a full combo punish and it doesnt cost a bar. Yea you can heal yourself but in the end off of a jump punch these strings are hella easy to confirm. Nightwolf makes it obvious he does it because you see glowing green circles around him. So instead of comboing into freeze he just does something else. Doesn less dmg but the NW wasted a bar.

Yeah, and either way...the point of my video is that it is possible to punish all of these projectile ending combos however unlikely it is. And when Nightwolf does combos, they hurt like hell. Even with no meter, Nightwolf can easily do 34% and EX-lightning trap afterwards.

The other point is that this probably shouldn't happen to begin with.

The other point is that this probably shouldn't happen to begin with.
Just did an EX-reflect against Sub Zero's 2,2 dash 2,2 dash 2,2 dash 2,2~freeze and it absorbed it...I am assuming it has to do something with being in stagger the whole time.

Just did an EX-reflect against Sub Zero's 2,2 dash 2,2 dash 2,2 dash 2,2~freeze and it absorbed it...I am assuming it has to do something with being in stagger the whole time.
Thats really interesting. I find this glitch to be quirky. I also find it odd how the glitch only happens and the beggining half of the EX Reflect as well.

Thats really interesting. I find this glitch to be quirky. I also find it odd how the glitch only happens and the beggining half of the EX Reflect as well.
I've been able to get it off doing the reflect pretty late in some cases....this is definitely a hilarious glitch especially against sub-zero. Did the Reflect against his 2,1,2~Ice Clone and I can Shoulder Dash the clone without getting frozen and gaining health back still...

I've been able to get it off doing the reflect pretty late in some cases....this is definitely a hilarious glitch especially against sub-zero. Did the Reflect against his 2,1,2~Ice Clone and I can Shoulder Dash the clone without getting frozen and gaining health back still...
This seems like this glitch works best against Sub-Zero haha.

I'm just going to say this works against every combo ending with some sort of projectile....Even Against Johnny Cages -->3,2~Ex Low Ball you will absorb the first ball and if you're holding block, the second ball goes right through you, but you must hold block.

But that string isn't nearly as much of a crutch as any of Sub-Zero's strings that cancel into freezes...

I'm just going to say this works against every combo ending with some sort of projectile....Even Against Johnny Cages -->3,2~Ex Low Ball you will absorb the first ball and if you're holding block, the second ball goes right through you, but you must hold block.

But that string isn't nearly as much of a crutch as any of Sub-Zero's strings that cancel into freezes...
I'm assuming they still have to be standing right?

Theme

Noob
Ive noticed this too, using SubZero or playing aganist one. Sometimes, if the opponent is doing a move after the iceball comes out, it would whif completely, as if nothing happened.