What's new

Breakthrough - Cryomancer New Sub-Zero "T.O.D." (49-94% reset!)

I think you are really overstating this

E.G.

Grandmaster

B2, B2, 1, 1, B12xxClone, NjP, JiP, EX-Throw [RESET] B2, B2, 1, 1, B12xxClone, NjP, JiP, B12xxSlide

OMG 73% COMBO FOR ONLY 1 BAR CHARACTER IS OVERPOWERED, GRANDMASTER SUB IS GONNA DESTROY COMPETITIVE MKX

Except it's been there since day 1

Practically every character with a 50/50 has this option as long as they don't have some weird combo style that can't be ended in grab.
do you understand that, you can get out of that reset by pressing 2 or 4?

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
No I had no idea, could you please explain to me what tech'ing a grab is? :DOGE

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I do this all the time with grandmaster and I posted it ohhhh that's not worth it when I can basically get 44% for a bar.

And now this can get 60% ... and "still not worth it" ... ok. lol

I'm using it (IF I ever play cryomancer lol). Good Stuff @DarksydeDash

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
do you understand that, you can get out of that reset by pressing 2 or 4?
Do you understand that you can get out of any true reset if you guess right? That includes what OP posted here. An actual reset is something that stops a combo and gives you an opportunity to open the opponent up again resetting the damage. It's not guaranteed damage. I think too many of us got confused by Cyrax's nonsense in MK9. Them shits were not resets. Those were true combos that simply reset the damage mid-combo because NRS couldn't fix the leaky boat.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So I found some "Reptile" tech with Sub. Like his dash, you can slide after hammer for a corpse hop and guess what? They are in range of a 50/50 just be sure they don't expect this reset and delay their wakeup. Seems pretty good so far.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So I found some "Reptile" tech with Sub. Like his dash, you can slide after hammer for a corpse hop and guess what? They are in range of a 50/50 just be sure they don't expect this reset and delay their wakeup. Seems pretty good so far.
I love Subtile tech. This is better than what I use, but of course... cryo specific. =/

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
One throw later, this is a KO. Excellent, exceptional job!
I'd probably omit the hammer combo ender and go for a back throw, which is fast enough to beat most normals and un-armored specials.

CL_ZBFD

Sr Saurio
Dudes.. Get ready for the BS Shinnok hordes.. I can hear them coming! Good luck in your high tier endeavors regardless.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Do you understand that you can get out of any true reset if you guess right? That includes what OP posted here. An actual reset is something that stops a combo and gives you an opportunity to open the opponent up again resetting the damage. It's not guaranteed damage. I think too many of us got confused by Cyrax's nonsense in MK9. Them shits were not resets. Those were true combos that simply reset the damage mid-combo because NRS couldn't fix the leaky boat.
Cyrax actually had 94% combos, Sub-Zero does not. Don't say something is 94% if its not guaranteed.

There are standing resets, damage resets, american resets, etc

Sub-Zero's standing reset is performed after any move that keeps an opponent standing after a freeze.
Therefore saying its 94% is super fucking arbitrary, because anyone with a standing reset can technically have an infinite with that logic.

Cyrax's damage reset is a GUARANTEED full combo, nothing you can't stop... so yeah.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Cyrax actually had 94% combos, Sub-Zero does not. Don't say something is 94% if its not guaranteed.

There are standing resets, damage resets, american resets, etc

Sub-Zero's standing reset is performed after any move that keeps an opponent standing after a freeze.
Therefore saying its 94% is super fucking arbitrary, because anyone with a standing reset can technically have an infinite with that logic.

Cyrax's damage reset is a GUARANTEED full combo, nothing you can't stop... so yeah.
I understand that the 94% isn't guaranteed. That's what I was getting at with my comment. I never said this was a valid thread title. I was simply stating that someone mentioned the meter burn throw reset to make a point that this tech isn't OP and then someone else (the person who said this tech was overpowered) called them out on that throw being escapable, invalidating the reset, which it doesn't. It's still a POSSIBLE reset. A standing reset, in that case....the same as the one in the OP.

i know what op is talking about, im talking about throw! enhancing throw is not a true reset! cuz second time someone wants to do that on you u can get out!!!

Matix218

Get over here!
I think you are really overstating this

E.G.

Grandmaster

B2, B2, 1, 1, B12xxClone, NjP, JiP, EX-Throw [RESET] B2, B2, 1, 1, B12xxClone, NjP, JiP, B12xxSlide

OMG 73% COMBO FOR ONLY 1 BAR CHARACTER IS OVERPOWERED, GRANDMASTER SUB IS GONNA DESTROY COMPETITIVE MKX

Except it's been there since day 1

Practically every character with a 50/50 has this option as long as they don't have some weird combo style that can't be ended in grab.
Um, isnt ex throw only +4 or anything so any character in the game can just poke before the b2 will come out. This find in cryo gives enough frame advantage that they can't do anything but guess

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Holy crap! It never felt like even close to that much advantage to mb a throw. That's odd. I guess im wrong
No it definitely feels like that. If you use a grappling character try to do a MB throw and go immediately for the command grab, you'll see it will whiff. The command grab will whiff during the hit stun of most (all?) moves - outside juggles -, so you can get a feeling of how long it lasts.

BTW I edited my previous response so you can see Paulo's answer.