What's new

New Reptile Resets

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Ok so first thing first excuse the shitty quality its on a phone. So the reset is you finish and Reptile kombo with his forward 3 1+2. If the opponent blocks 1+2 he his stood back up and not able to wake up attack. If he just stays nueutral and eats the 1+2, its guarenteed 7% wich makes the bnb kombos even more damaging.. heres the link to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/iiTzNiNJA#p/a/u/0/xY72d1mddTU

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
After the Sub blocks the 1+2 see if he can ice clone before you can do anything. I wonder if that spacing would create problems for it to work properly. Would be very cool if this ends up working as a reset

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wow, I never thought of using this like that.

Check to see if there is room to techroll.

Altaire

Noob
After the Sub blocks the 1+2 see if he can ice clone before you can do anything. I wonder if that spacing would create problems for it to work properly. Would be very cool if this ends up working as a reset
Well, this basically all comes down to the amount of hitstun on the 1+2. If they have room to move at all, any armor move will beat it, which is the issue.

I'll go test the techrolling now, though I can't really test advantage on hit reliably without a human player. I guess I can go fight AI cage with limitless special meter in training, and hope for the best.

CitizenSnips

Well, this basically all comes down to the amount of hitstun on the 1+2. If they have room to move at all, any armor move will beat it, which is the issue.

I'll go test the techrolling now, though I can't really test advantage on hit reliably without a human player. I guess I can go fight AI cage with limitless special meter in training, and hope for the best.
Yeah I'm curious as to what the hitstun is. I'd test it out but I'm not on xbox right now.

Gonna be really interesting if this can be utilized regularly.

Altaire

Noob
Yeah I'm curious as to what the hitstun is. I'd test it out but I'm not on xbox right now.

Gonna be really interesting if this can be utilized regularly.
I'm on Xbox right now!

If you can get on, we can go test it, since you know Reptile better than I do anyhow.

THTB

I can already see the blockstun is really heavy on 1+2. Also, 1+2 can be dash cancelled, so the advantage is amplified.

REO

Undead
This is legit.

I just tested it with my bro. So basically off of any BNB Reptile does he gets to disable his opponen't wake-up options and is left at advantage on block for crazy pressure. And even if you mess up the timing and get the knockdown (which doesn't scale) it doesn't matter becuase you get two free dash attempts / invisibility for meter so it's a win / win either way.

Reptile just got way better.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
im on xbox my gt is Showtime o . And i would love to test it with more people. I will also be posting some more reptile kombos and setups later in the week. Always glad to share new tech

Altaire

Noob
This is legit.

I just tested it with my bro. So basically off of any BNB Reptile does he gets to disable his opponen't wake-up options and is left at advantage on block for crazy pressure. And even if you mess up the timing and get the knockdown (which doesn't scale) it doesn't matter becuase you get two free dash attempts / invisibility for meter so it's a win / win either way.

I don't really know if he's trolling or not because it's REO

THTB

Also, did I mention 1+2 hits overhead, so they are forced to standblock it? :)

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
This is legit.

Always glad to share new tech

CitizenSnips

This is legit.

You know I'm kind of surprised no one figured this out earlier. I remember I always thought it'd be cool to use that move more often but I didn't realize what it was capable of doing. After missing it a couple times I just pushed it aside and never bothered.

REPTILE WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Damn, this is pretty cool. Who woulda knew. First, the weird new possible Kabal NDC string, Toms Ice Clone corner tech, and now this, and to think people said MK will be played the same since day 1. BS.

CitizenSnips

Damn, this is pretty cool. Who woulda knew. First, the weird new possible Kabal NDC string, Toms Ice Clone corner tech, and now this, and to think people said MK will be played the same since day 1. BS.
Wait what's all this other new stuff you are talking about?

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
Do not use this in the corner though, if the opponent just stand blocks on wake up, you will be placed in the corner.

THTB

Either way, I like this. MK9 just evolves more and more.

Of course, the downside to this reset is, unlike all the others, it's escapable by not blocking, but at that point, Reptile gets too much time to set up anything he wants. It puts the opponent into such a bad situation, no matter how you look at it.

This just makes me love this character more than I already did.