What's new

New Reptile Resets

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Shot outs to my sub zero in the video. Good find by Showtime was glad to test it out. I still think you should of kept this tech till devestation bro. Lol

Altaire

Noob
So the rich get richer. Wonderful.
Yup. It might not be that way if you spent some time trying to figure out some new tech for the poor instead of whining about new Reptile resets!

P.S. I don't even play Reptile. In fact, good Reptiles annoy the everloving fuck out of me, but I still think this is pretty cool because I like to see the game evolve. If this was a new Reptile infinite, I'd be bitching up a storm, but this doesn't make Reptile even close to broken. All it does is give him one more option.

@Snips don't know the viability of this new 'tech', but Tom posted some videos on Sub Zero and the usage of Ice Clones on some characters in corners. Also K7LEETHA discovered another B2 NDC cancel for Kabal, don't know the legitness of it, but it looks whacky, check out Kings NDC cancel thread on the Kabal section there's 2 videos posted of it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Very good find! This just...omg. I cannot wait till Summer Jam!

LockM

Noob
That's it! I'm hopping on the Retile bandwagon, need a piece of that awesome green very huggable lizard...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's just a by-product of 1+2 never coming out unless f3 connected.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Yup. It might not be that way if you spent some time trying to figure out some new tech for the poor instead of whining about new Reptile resets!

P.S. I don't even play Reptile. In fact, good Reptiles annoy the everloving fuck out of me, but I still think this is pretty cool because I like to see the game evolve. If this was a new Reptile infinite, I'd be bitching up a storm, but this doesn't make Reptile even close to broken. All it does is give him one more option.
LOL and I haven't spent and continue to spend time searching every combination of main's moves?

Don't tell me what I do and don't do.

And if you can't see how absolutely absurdly good this is, you're blind. Reptile was already S tier.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Either way, I like this. MK9 just evolves more and more.

Of course, the downside to this reset is, unlike all the others, it's escapable by not blocking, but at that point, Reptile gets too much time to set up anything he wants. It puts the opponent into such a bad situation, no matter how you look at it.

This just makes me love this character more than I already did.
Does this do any more damage then ending the bnb the normal way? Do you think this could potentially make his few bad matchups more tolerable? I'm not sure if this will do that, but I do think it is very awesome for mindgames and meter building or repositioning.

Also Karried, K7 is someone I play a lot with and I've known about the video he posted idk why I forgot about it lol.

Cat

Sub zero players you can ice clone as soon as he resets to keep him off you :) but idk if he dashes right after might kill the clone.

Cat

Does this do any more damage then ending the bnb the normal way? Do you think this could potentially make his few bad matchups more tolerable? I'm not sure if this will do that, but I do think it is very awesome for mindgames and meter building or repositioning.

Also Karried, K7 is someone I play a lot with and I've known about the video he posted idk why I forgot about it lol.
Showtime was doing a different combo on me than the one on the video. It was 35% plus the 7% if they don't block.

This can be good to avoid wake up spins by Lao :p or knock him down get 42% plus free wake up pressure

CitizenSnips

Showtime was doing a different combo on me than the one on the video. It was 35% plus the 7% if they don't block.

This can be good to avoid wake up spins by Lao :p or knock him down get 42% plus free wake up pressure
Yeah I'm going to test it out some probably tomorrow wondering if I should jsut always end strings like that, seems like it's gonna be a yes.

And btw man I loved our money match. When I watch it I pretend it's like the Grand Finals of EVO because of how close and fun those matches were lol.

Cat

Yeah I'm going to test it out some probably tomorrow wondering if I should jsut always end strings like that, seems like it's gonna be a yes.

And btw man I loved our money match. When I watch it I pretend it's like the Grand Finals of EVO because of how close and fun those matches were lol.
Lol yeah they were great. Me and Showtime recorded some matches today too. Real good as well. Will probably post the videos later. His reptile is no joke. And this reset does not help. Lol

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
It's just a by-product of 1+2 never coming out unless f3 connected.
It's because there's such a delay between f3 and 1+2 that at a high level of fall they hit the ground before 1+2 connects. The true combo ends as soon as they touch the ground and then 1+2 registers as a new hit on the now grounded opponent. This is why if you block it stands you up and if you don't the 7% is unscaled.

It's all down to exactly how much block stun there is. If it's a lot, then my initial reaction is that it's wildly OP. If it isn't that much then it's still good in that it prevents wake-ups.

Altaire

Noob
LOL and I haven't spent and continue to spend time searching every combination of main's moves?

Don't tell me what I do and don't do.

And if you can't see how absolutely absurdly good this is, you're blind. Reptile was already S tier.
Well, I can tell you that you're crying about new Reptile tech, so at the very least, you're annoying me just for that.

This isn't so good that Reptile won't be manageable. To that end, it isn't worth bitching about. QED, you need to stop bitching.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I played around and used this at the end of combos a few months ago, cuz it seemed like it couldn't be block. But once I found it could I just stopped using it. I never thought it had any real use though. Good job.

CitizenSnips

I played around and used this at the end of combos, cuz it seemed like it couldn't be block. But once I found it could I just stopped using it. I never thought it had any real use though. Good job.
This. I never thought about what the hitstun would be I always assumed it was nonexistent. I feel very stupid for not realizing that it could be useful but thankfulyl Showtime was smart enough to test it out lol.

Showtime can you tell us what types of things you are able to do with the reset?

And also CAT I will tell you that fighting Sub Zero is one of my weaknesses because sometimes I get very impatient. But when I play smart against a really good Sub player the match usually ends up being a really good one. One of the most entertaingin matchups for Reptile imo

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
This. I never thought about what the hitstun would be I always assumed it was nonexistent. I feel very stupid for not realizing that it could be useful but thankfulyl Showtime was smart enough to test it out lol.

Showtime can you tell us what types of things you are able to do with the reset?

And also CAT I will tell you that fighting Sub Zero is one of my weaknesses because sometimes I get very impatient. But when I play smart against a really good Sub player the match usually ends up being a really good one. One of the most entertaingin matchups for Reptile imo
still learning what can be done after the resest. The things i mosty do is dash up grab, 321 acid hand if blocked or 1221

CitizenSnips

still learning what can be done after the resest. The things i mosty do is dash up grab, 321 acid hand if blocked or 1221
Cool. I'm sure over time we'll learn some more stuff. Hopefully NRS doesn't remove it >_>

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
ah fuck, great find and congrats to reppy mainers :)
this will suck for me tho, as i suck against reppy players badly :confused:
but it is good to have the game continue to evolve as the months go by ;)

CitizenSnips

ah fuck, great find and congrats to reppy mainers :)
this will suck for me tho, as i suck against reppy players badly :confused:
but it is good to have the game continue to evolve as the months go by ;)
Hmm interesting because Kung Lao makes me rage hard lol.

And yeah I love how new things are being found. LOVE IT I LOVE ITTTTTT!