What's new

General/Other - Tanya New Previews for Tanya from 5/14 Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Speaking of that, I really hope her projectiles or even better, all of her special are df/db inputs like D'vorah. I don't like the bf/fb stuff.
People won't like it until they fix glitches with left and right direction priorities.
Except stick users and more accurate pad users, they probably aren't affected.

I'm excited for the Kombat Kast for Tanya because they'll likely talk about the other NPC characters (Baraka, Rain, Sindel) since she herself is currently an NPC in the story mode. I'd like to hear some sort of hint or confirmation that Baraka still has a chance. Maybe more on this rumored "Story Pack" DLC.

We aren't done with the first kombat pack, i don't expect they'll talk about a hypothetical second yet.

And the Kombat Kast would be about Tanya, not about the NPC's.

We aren't done with the first kombat pack, i don't expect they'll talk about a hypothetical second yet.

And the Kombat Kast would be about Tanya, not about the NPC's.
I'm talking possibilities, not guarantees. NRS likes to hint at things from time to time (Ed Boon after all was the one who originally hinted at a "Story Pack"). NRS has already stated that their sales have been the best of any Mortal Kombat game so that is favorable. Also, this is the first time that they've revealed all 4 characters of the first pack of DLC characters rather than one at a time. I think the possibility is high that they could *hint* at something since they'll probably at some point mention Tanya's former NPC status.

In any event, don't shoot my hopes and dreams down yet lol. That's NRS's job when the time comes.

Last edited:

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Am i the only one who recognizes the laziness (if her moveset isnt completed)?

All of the moves from her NPC version were moves that were taken from other fighters, she technically had no moves of her own. I imagine the full version will have completely new animations/move sets.

Israfel

Designer for BxA
...So you mean she won't sit on people's faces and snap necks anymore? :(
Can't wait to play this character, will she make me change my main?

Anyone look at her wide nose now. Tanya looks fully black now, before the story mode model had a nose that made for look Indian or White.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Lol if you're playing character variations based on looks I feel bad for you. As badass as unbreakable subzero looks, it's his worst variation out of all.
No where did I imply that I would play her based on looks. I just don't like the white eyes.

I just have to express that my favorite quote from Story mode comes from Tanya:

"Leaving without your friend D'vorah? Your people believed we avoided your island out of respect for your solitary nature... we just didn't like you."
So much sass<3

Jacqui's character design bores me. I like rushdown characters with cool moves and combos. Tanya seems to be that:

Lol, she even has Kitana's F33.
Idk im kinda hoping that's not her actual moveset and was just a place holder for her gameplay in story mode. Other than the fireball and flip kick; everything was just Kitana lol.

From the images, it looks like they changed her fireball animation back to Deception.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I'm so hyped for Tanya.
I know a lot of people don't care for her, but people look at her and assume it's like the older MK.
Are you forgetting how they practically revamped all the classic characters and what they did with them?

If she turns out to be to my liking I might ditch Ermac in favor of her, or at least have her as my permanent secondary character (which I'm still looking for).
I ended up maining DLC characters in Injustice too (Black Adam was my main at first until Lobo and Zod came to play)

Oh, and that last brutality (pop pop) looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.