What's new

Video New MKXL Series - Learning The Game - Part 1 - Health Bar System

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Um......um.......was this video worth even making. That's not even a question by the way. What's next, a video on Back dashing then another video on Forward dashing. smh These tournament players are so bored that they have to resort to this. smh-rme-smh again.
Really? Your gonna give him shit for taking time out of his life to make a video to help newer players and as stated it is again for NEW PLAYERS so since you are not new don't watch it.

Why is it that everytime someone makes a tutorial or tech video on this site there is always someone who has to come in and just shit all over it for no reason. No respect for anyone or the time/work they put into things.

Props REO thanks for still helping the community

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
@MK FIGHTER @EIN I don't understand the point of your posts. Are you guys saying I didn't put much info regarding the health bar, or what?

@Eddy Wang Really great work, man. I like those videos.
Sigh. Reo don't even feed into it. It was well put together and informative on a well understandable, basic respectful way. It's for new comers like my son and my Queen who seems to be a bit interested in video games now.

So please continue and pump those vids out. It'll save me many words to explain it to them who are 50/50 interested in learning so yeah.

Oh and subtitles are good. Can ya try it out? It's good for me when I'm at work between calls and runs and I can't have the volume on so reading it would amazing. Just make sure the colours are blending into the stages or background some tutorials on YouTube have this problem.

Keep it up and keep it coming.

Aslo excellent work @Eddy Wang really good stuff right there. Really important points to address too. Yes. I think you were on to something here.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Why not just use your own voice? It's recognizable and less annoying, also easier to understand. This robotic shit actually hurts the video in a lot of ways, some you may not even realize.
I couldn't disagree more. I LOVE the British voice, keep using it Reo, it rules!

As you can see its a lot to cover, but it would be really helpful and enjoyable at the same time, sadly i can't do this on my own, but if you could team up with @Tom Brady this would definitely be a golden book i would happly watch and re-watch over and over and surely more people would feel more persuaded to get into it as well.

Even if you don't have such schedule i'm enjoying your current work, just keep doing them.
LOL I cant do anything like this. I could do one on blocking and punishment system covering reversals and punishing with normals and it would be a blow up because you would hear "Tom did a vid where he was crying about blocking".

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's more of a sympathy thing. Beside the content People tend to come back more often when they like your personality and it's hard to Cover that without talking by yourself ( subtitles may work I mean vman never talks as well and look at his subs)
It's because I think the voice is awesome. I was thinking of adding sub titles for future videos.

Do you think subtitles would be a good idea? And why do you think the voice hurts the video? I barely get any complaints for the voice used honestly.
That's exactly one of the reasons. Like it or not, you have a great personality REO. Regardless if these are strictly instructional videos, I'm sure you want to get the most out of them as you can. You or other well known top players not using their own personalities and voices is a huge waste. Could you imagine how boring it would get if Tom's videos were all simply robotic? People don't just watch for solely the information, everyone wants to be entertained, and if they can be entertained while they learn stuff, that's icing on the cake.

You're obviously going to do what you want, but take this from someone who has known you for a long time. Use your own voice, just my advice. ;)

Also, this doesn't mean you can't use the robotic butler. Just don't use it for the entire video. Again, just my opinion.

Reactions: REO

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I have to cast my vote to using your own voice as well. It didn't ruin the video for me or anything, and obviously do what you like, but I'm not a fan of the automatron narration. It just took any personality whatsoever out of it for me.

If your concern is that you will ramble, get off topic or miss key points, maybe just write out a script, or some bullet points. I mean, you'll end up editing it no matter what, so even if it ends up too wordy or something, you can chop it up.

Also, I think you could do one longer video, or release these early, very simple concept vids in rapid succession or all at once. I understand this is aimed at brand new players, but the healthbar is such a simple concept, that it imo, barely necessitates it's own video. You could do the health bar, meter bars, stamina bar, timer, any/all screen indicators in one video, or one series.

This post probably sounded more critical than I actually feel towards it. I hugely appreciate someone like yourself taking their time to do this. Really positive thing for the community, and I am greatly looking forward to the more advanced videos. Thanks for being the shit, Reo.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Keep the voice. I like the video. Maybe add subtitles,otherwise it's great

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
I think REO is a role model to all community members. He helps the newcommers and has the intentions to grow the community by spreading good information. I know there are or players who do that too and i appreciate every single one of them. When it comes to tym REO is just one of the golden members. I mean he even helps out people who want to start learning umk and so on.
Good job man