What's new

Video New MKXL Series - Learning The Game - Part 1 - Health Bar System

REO

Undead
Hey, everyone. There is a new video series I'm working on for MKXL that will specifically be targeted towards newer and beginner players looking to gain more knowledgeable or become better at MKXL. Below is the first of many videos to come. Each video is going to target a specific area of MKXL. If you guys have any feedback or suggestions, feel free to post them here. I have over 30 topics so far that I will be going over. Check out the first one below:

Attachments

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
nice to see high level players such as yourself, sonic, and pig putting out some informative videos to help out the community. keep it up, looking forward to seeing the next one..or thirty. i'd like to see one on maybe preparing yourself for different hard to blockable situations/damage control down the line

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Nice video, REO.

Content is perfect. But from a video point of view, I'd suggest adding an outro asking for a like and subscription for more content if you want to grow your channel. Videos that ask for likes tend to recieve more as it reminds viewers who are about to click away to do so (for me it does anyway) as opposed to videos that just end fairly abruptly.

REO

Undead
Nice video, REO.

Content is perfect. But from a video point of view, I'd suggest adding an outro asking for a like and subscription for more content if you want to grow your channel. Videos that ask for likes tend to recieve more as it reminds viewers who are about to click away to do so (for me it does anyway) as opposed to videos that just end fairly abruptly.
That's a really good idea actually.
Good stuff but it probably would have been better towards the beginning of MKX
Well I wanted to wait for KP2 to come out because it would have changed a ton of system mechanics and make many old videos obsolete. Like breaker system, chip system, etc. etc.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Very nice video. Informative, precise and straight to the point.

I think you are one of the perfect guys to do videos like this.

Looking forward to the next one.

REO

Undead
Why not just use your own voice? It's recognizable and less annoying, also easier to understand. This robotic shit actually hurts the video in a lot of ways, some you may not even realize.
It's because I think the voice is awesome. I was thinking of adding sub titles for future videos.

Do you think subtitles would be a good idea? And why do you think the voice hurts the video? I barely get any complaints for the voice used honestly.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
It's because I think the voice is awesome. I was thinking of adding sub titles for future videos.

Do you think subtitles would be a good idea? And why do you think the voice hurts the video? I barely get any complaints for the voice used honestly.
It's more of a sympathy thing. Beside the content People tend to come back more often when they like your personality and it's hard to Cover that without talking by yourself ( subtitles may work I mean vman never talks as well and look at his subs)

Last edited:

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Who would have think there is more to be said about the health bar aside from the usual "it shows your remaining health". Great video.

Reactions: REO

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
That voice is similar to what I use in my computer lol. Anyway, great vid! Can't believe I didn't subscribe to your channel a long time ago. Looking forward to this series of videos.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey @REO, very nice to see you do this stuff, i had a project similar not too long ago, but the idea was not only targeting the beginners, but to go further as the tutorial progresses and slowly including more advanced mechanics and explain how they work from normals to advanced movement, how to properly guard and so on. Saldy my time has been shorter as day passes, and has been filled more and more with work than anything else

Here are my earlier drafts, i haven't shown this to anyone aside from god confirm:

I already had a full schedule on how this could work, but not only your english is better, and i think you can find much better words to explain anything else related, i really would like you to go into some topics i felt the in game tutorial didn't went or explain that well, when i finished that tutorial there was a weird sensation that i haven't learned nothing

Basic:
Normals
What are normals (basic universal normals, command normals, jumping attacks)​
Guarding
Rules of guarding (What standing block defends, and what not, what crouching guard defends and what not)
Block Jail (there is no stance lock in MKX/L)​
Throws (throws can go through guards)
how to avoid throws (how to tech throws, in what situations you should be ready to tech throws)​

Intermediarie
Meter concept (first hit bonus, 2 bars level and breakers, enhanced attacks, meterburned moves, 3 bars level and x-rays)
Stamina concept (moves that require use of stamina, backdashes)
Strings concepts (what is a dial string and how it differ from combo juggles)
Combo link system (Run Cancel, timed attack links)
Uppercuts (Risks and rewards, of proper using)
NJP (advantages and disadvantages)
Introdutory to frame data (difference between in game startup frames and execution frame data)
To what points moves are generaly safe when minus
Reversal punishes (how they work)
Wakeup game (wakeup attack, delayed wakeup, neutral stand)
Block punishing (Getting rewarded for correct blocking)

Advanced
Advanced Guarding (chip damage, loopable strings, blockstrings, fuzzy guarding)
Advancing Normals concept (poking its not only related to d1s d3 and d4, low profiling, low crushing)
Opening the guard of advanced players that are mostly safe and take no risks (trip guard punishes, whiff punish, counters, strategy)
Advanced combo concept (execution rythm and timing (audio cues when buttons are pressed) Damage exporation)
Advanced strategies (restands, armor breaks, unblockable restands, OTGs Hard to blockables 50-50s)

Expert
Play types (Rushdown, Zoning, what is neutral game, what are footsies)
Match-up knowledge
Enhanced eye (how many moves an advanced player can see ahead based on match-up knowledge)
Hard reads and reactions
Character data ( how to find your character, playstyles characters can offer, walkspeeds and complementary moves can define how a character plays)
Clutch and sixth sense
Frame data left overs

As you can see its a lot to cover, but it would be really helpful and enjoyable at the same time, sadly i can't do this on my own, but if you could team up with @Tom Brady this would definitely be a golden book i would happly watch and re-watch over and over and surely more people would feel more persuaded to get into it as well.

Even if you don't have such schedule i'm enjoying your current work, just keep doing them.

Last edited: