What's new

New Block Infinite in MKX?

Should this be banned at TFC?

• Yes.

• No. Let it rock.

Results are only viewable after voting.

hayatei

Noob
The 2 frame blockstun buff for f12+4 is what's causing this, right? Wouldn't removing that buff also bring back the kunai gap?
no its not

since f12+4 blade drop is +3 characters with no normals faster than 8 frames can at least trade with F1 after blade drop (f122+4 blade drop into f12+4 quick call etc) so that isn't an infinite. also the pushback might make the f1 easy to low profile here

b212+4 blade drop used to be +2 and for some reasons it's now changed to +4, so some characters can't poke out of b212+4 blade drop into f1

i guess it would be more fair for f12+4 blade drop to be neutral or at most +2, but like u said the other 2 variations might need it to be that + (not really, they have options to beat armor, just makes their metagame more fun/interesting)

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I don't think they were necessary though. To each his own.
Idk man.. I could go either way on it. I'm enjoying the buffs but you'll never hear me say he NEEDED all of them. 21 restand providing more damage while creating actual blade drop mix ups was way more than enough.

The reason I defend B11 and 21 is because prepatch those moves were so slow and had so much recovery I was far too scared to commit to either in the neutral because the hitboxes were so blah. B1 wiffed over certain crouching opponents and 2 wasn't anti airing like it is now. I'll meet you half way and say that since they fixed the hitboxes maybe buffing the start up was actually is unnecessary.

2,1 providing a restand was really all he needed, the frame changes were too much.

Giving faster pokes means the block infinites arent block infinites anymore.
Thats what Im getting at they nerfed all the cancel characters to remove stuff like that and still gave quan a faster poke its like they want him to be good because jason takeda kenshi or tremor heck even liu kang doesn't have a 6 frame poke

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Just armor out if you have meter instead of spending 2 bars on push blocking. Problem is if you don't have meter and your backdash sucks.
Thats why he said push block for those characters. Which is just too many resources to spend when he could easily run in and b2 to go straight into it again.

st9rm

viennality.com
Just armor out if you have meter instead of spending 2 bars on push blocking. Problem is if you don't have meter and your backdash sucks.
damn, i totally forgot it costs 2 bars of meter, as well as the stamina bar
i thought it was the stamina bar only, which it should have been in the first place (and maybe another bar of "normal" meter..)

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Don't forget the Cryo buff, 48% combo for 2 bars, the easiest combo in the game.

Anyway, when the next patch hits expect some1 else to get the 'buffed stupidity' treatment & Quan to be left alone again :(
lol he gets 48% for one bar------- just sayin. 43% off an overhead.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
lol he gets 48% for one bar------- just sayin. 43% off an overhead.
48% off 1 bar & 43% off of a 50\50 is acceptable but sure let's go nerf some1 that actually takes skill to use & leave the over powered 50\50 merchants alone :(

I'll never understand why the guys that make the games do this, broken patch after broken patch.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Sub-Zero isn't even close to overpowered, he actually does what he's designed to do in Cryomancer----- big punishes for consistently high damage.

I think you'e misdirecting your feelings about this patch. Everything about this game is block pressure and ubiquitous mixups. Every patch they'll remove some bullshit and patch in all new bullshit. It's ridiculous but it honestly doesn't irk me like it used to----- I expect a good wry laugh every time I come to TYM.

ATIWAB

Noob
32% two-input Pyro Throw -- "She needs it!"
48% braindead Cryo Combos -- "That's what Cryo is for!"
Execution-heavy string into another string that can be armored out of or poked out of if the input is even one frame off or by anyone with a 7 frame or lower attack -- "BRUHHHHHHH TAKEDA OP AS HELL"

:DOGE

st9rm

viennality.com
32% two-input Pyro Throw -- "She needs it!"
48% braindead Cryo Combos -- "That's what Cryo is for!"
Execution-heavy string into another string that can be armored out of or poked out of if the input is even one frame off or by anyone with a 7 frame or lower attack -- "BRUHHHHHHH TAKEDA OP AS HELL"

lbsh
takeda is op as hell, and always has been op

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
, damn I go outta town for two days and I miss this entire damn thing...

Okay - even though it pains me to say this. I'm for Nrs to fix this. Nobody should really have block infinites in game. This game already doesn't reward you enough for good defense so it should go.

But on a side note just from reading this thread, I really wish the people who have zero knowledge about takeda pre or post patch kinda hold their tongue cause really half the crap some of yall say is straight bullshit. Esp about the way he played and the buffs . You are first to scream "he got 27 buffs" but you have zero idea what 85% of them actually mean to his game plan. Some were buffs, some possible "Nrs fixes" like they would claim, and some where so necessary it was mind numbing why they weren't in the game from jump. but, point of the matter is they didn't just hand feed us dumb shit. Dumb shit just came in the form of block pressure. ( which more than half prob couldn't hit bd1b 100% anyway)

@tylerlansdown @colt nrs, please look into this so I can go back to having an "honest" character. Or make block breakers a bit less expensive

But shit either way - takeda can play mkx now with the bigwigs... So hold that.